Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It does make sense, if the writers are going for 'clark and superman are one and the same' interpretation.there won't be a clark kent persona in that interpretation. Clumsy clark and confident superman would just to sides that come out during different situations. And the only lie clark would telling is the lie by omission.
    They could also be going for the 'clark kent is who i am and superman is what i do' interpretation.
    Yeah, the Clark/Superman dichotomy is different than being actively good at acting or lying. I don't see that line as being that out of place. The way Clark plays it in the scene also fits with it, it's the exaggerated affect that you see in the "traditional" mild mannered take.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    If it's related to what Bendis is doing than Bendis truly has great luck in seeing his ideas go to live action.

I also see Bendis has retweeted a couple of people who tweeted at him about the whole Leviathan thing on Supergirl, but that might not mean anything.

Bendis has great luck getting his stuff to
    I think part of the deal with Bendis was that he would have involvement with DC Entertainment, so I guess this is the result.

(although knowing the Arrowverse, Leviathan will probably look nothing like his version).

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    If it's related to what Bendis is doing than Bendis truly has great luck in seeing his ideas go to live action.

I also see Bendis has retweeted a couple of people who tweeted at him about the whole Leviathan thing on Supergirl, but that might not mean anything.

Bendis has great luck getting his stuff to
    It sounds like it's gonna be next seasons big bad. Of course if the comic version is a flop, that might be a bad idea. Depending on what "Leviathan" is.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Although.

Frankly.

Now that I think of it.

What if.

That bullet to the head didn't just give us the incredibly lame Ric Grayson ...

But split Dick's personality in two.
    Ive seen this theory elsewhere on CBR. Are you the one who came up with it?

I could almost see it being this. Tear Dick Grayson down, no one would see his heel turn coming. And if Leviathan really isn't a straight-up villain group I could see it happening. I've wanted to see Dick take over Spyral since the Grayson series and it'd be a interesting turn of events to put him not only in the driver's seat, but have him clean up that whole corner of the DCU while he's doing it. And after half his friends were killed in HiC he'd have reason not to use kid gloves with the heroes.

Except!

I do not believe for one second that DC can plan ahead so far in advance that Dick being shot in the head was actually to help cover his heel turn. They would've had to start the planning process for it two years ago, and even Rebirth's original game plan didn't seem to last that long. Didio hates the character, he's said as much publicly on several occasions. He might love the idea of making Dick a villain, but making him the focus of a big Event feels like something he'd rally against just on principal.

I cant totally rule it out, and I do think there's an avenue where they could pull this off without ruining Nightwing......but I doubt DC would go for it, and if they do? They'll trample over Dick's character so badly we'll *wish* he was just a hobo living in his car with no memory of who he is.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It does make sense, if the writers are going for 'clark and superman are one and the same' interpretation.there won't be a clark kent persona in that interpretation. Clumsy clark and confident superman would just to sides that come out during different situations. And the only lie clark would telling is the lie by omission.
    They could also be going for the 'clark kent is who i am and superman is what i do' interpretation.
    The “Kent is who I am” interpretation doesn’t really apply to the overly clumsy and geekish Daily Planet Kent. That has always been a facade, which is why they mostly dropped it in the 80s/90s and just had Clark be Superman toned down.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Clark being great at lying about being Superman/Clark Kent doesn't necessarily mean he's great at lying as a whole.
    But it does mean he’s a believable actor, and can convince people he’s not the same guy flying around with no mask to cover his face. He has to at least be able to convey a different persona through body language and mannerisms. That means he shouldn’t have any trouble taking on a third identity, or at least it shouldn’t in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It sounds like it's gonna be next seasons big bad. Of course if the comic version is a flop, that might be a bad idea. Depending on what "Leviathan" is.
    Sometimes adaptions manage to improve on the source material. The Under the Red Hood movie is far, far better than the comic. The Secret Invasion adaption in Avengers: EMH was far better than the comic storyline. Not saying it always happens but it has in the past.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-20-2019 at 08:31 PM.

This isn't my personal theory but rumours are it could be Roy Harper.
    The evidence being:
    1 - Link to Red Hood, Guardian and Green Arrow who play key roles
    2 - Arrow pendant around neck
    3 - Red colour scheme
    4 - Leviathan had links to Talia and thus the lazarus pit.
    5. The hood I guess??

Another, I believe more plausible theory is Kathy Kane. Reading that it could be the original manhunter here also seems likely.
    Last edited by Red obin; 05-26-2019 at 07:31 AM.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown