Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What do they mean by live action? Is it gonna have real people in too instead of being an animal world. Or is it gonna be Lion king photorealistic CGI for eveything?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm not sure I agree that the creators of the original animated productions are really owed anything from the CGI remakes.

Care to elaborate why you think so?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I'm not sure I agree that the creators of the original animated productions are really owed anything from the CGI remakes.

Care to elaborate why you think so?
    Because if it wasn't Disney doing these remakes, they'd be sued for plagiarism?

BANNED

Because if it wasn't Disney doing these remakes, they'd be sued for plagiarism?
    Isn't that more or less linked to the fact that Disney owns the animated Aladdin production?

I'm pretty sure they can do a lot of things with it, legally, that say...I, myself, am not allowed to...because...I don't own it.

Ultimate Member

Isn't that more or less linked to the fact that Disney owns the animated Aladdin production?

I'm pretty sure they can do a lot of things with it, legally, that say...I, myself, am not allowed to...because...I don't own it.
    They can do anything they want with it yes, but again, if it was anyone but Disney releasing these movies, they would be sued for plagiarism. The original animators did all the scenes, all the dialogue and are getting jack all. Call me crazy, but I don' think that's right

BANNED

They can do anything they want with it yes, but again, if it was anyone but Disney releasing these movies, they would be sued for plagiarism. The original animators did all the scenes, all the dialogue and are getting jack all. Call me crazy, but I don' think that's right
    And they were hired to do these things...by whom?

Did they not get paid for the original animated movies or something?

I feel like I'm missing a large and important component to your through-process, here.

Ultimate Member

And they were hired to do these things...by whom?

Did they not get paid for the original animated movies or something?

I feel like I'm missing a large and important component to your through-process, here.
    They were paid for the story boards, animation, dialogue, etc. They get royalties from that, from their work.

Now their work is being lifted and put into another medium. And they don't get a penny.

Really, what is so hard to understand?

BANNED

They were paid for the story boards, animation, dialogue, etc. They get royalties from that, from their work.

Now their work is being lifted and put into another medium. And they don't get a penny.

They're not working on the new product (ie. the remake). Really, what is so hard to understand?

And work that they were paid for is being "lifted". Disney essentially bought a product from them.

Do they still get royalties from the original product?

There was over 265 animators/artists that worked on the original Lion King. Not to mention, if we go this route...the animators/artists probably aren't the only ones that would "deserve" any sort of compensation.

They were hired to do a job and paid for their work how are they owed money now? I'd understand if they were owed back pay but they're not it wasn't ever theirs it was always Disney's they were hired and paid it should end there.

Ultimate Member

They're not working on the new product (ie. the remake). Really, what is so hard to understand?

And work that they were paid for is being "lifted". Disney essentially bought a product from them.

Do they still get royalties from the original product?

There was over 265 animators/artists that worked on the original Lion King. Not to mention, if we go this route...the animators/artists probably aren't the only ones that would "deserve" any sort of compensation.
    They're not working on the remake? I mean, it's not as if the remake lifts every scene and plot from the animated movie.

Oh wait.

If it was released as an animated movie, they'd get paid. So yeah

BANNED

They're not working on the remake? I mean, it's not as if the remake lifts every scene and plot from the animated movie.

Oh wait.

If it was released as an animated movie, they'd get paid. So yeah
    But this isn’t a re-release.

And, AFAIK, Disney still re-releases the animated originals.

And as far as plots, they’re not all that original in the first place.

Ultimate Member

But this isn’t a re-release.

And, AFAIK, Disney still re-releases the animated originals.

And as far as plots, they’re not all that original in the first place.
    It's all but a re-release, with the scenes and dialogue simply moved to a different medium. It relies on the work and popularity of the first without giving any compensation to the first.

And as fa as the plots go, it is original because, again, it takes wholesale from the first. The myth that it was based on was verbal, and probably didn't have jokes written for Robin Williams.

If another studio released it, they would be sued for copyright infringement and plagiarism.

BANNED

It's all but a re-release, with the scenes and dialogue simply moved to a different medium. It relies on the work and popularity of the first without giving any compensation to the first.

And as fa as the plots go, it is original because, again, it takes wholesale from the first. The myth that it was based on was verbal, and probably didn't have jokes written for Robin Williams.

If another studio released it, they would be sued for copyright infringement and plagiarism.
    That’s. Because. The. Other. Studio. Doesn’t. Own. The. Original.

You’ve already admitted that Disney can do whatever they want with properties they own. Why do you keep bringing up this wholly hypothetical plagiarism scenario?m

Furthermore, I’m 100% certain that the animators wouldn’t be able to file a plagiarism suit; Disney would.

The people that made the product that Disney PAID them to make don’t own the product.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 05-21-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Ultimate Member

That’s. Because. The. Other. Studio. Doesn’t. Own. The. Original.

You’ve already admitted that Disney can do whatever they want with properties they own. Why do you keep bringing up this wholly hypothetical plagiarism scenario?m

Furthermore, I’m 100% certain that the animators wouldn’t be able to file a plagiarism suit; Disney would.

The people that made the product that Disney PAID them to make don’t own the product.
    They're releasing the same product twice.

They're paying the original creators once.

Not that complicated

BANNED

They're releasing the same product twice.

They're paying the original creators once.

Not that complicated
    It’s not the same product.