Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    You might be thinking about Ranma versus some other high-end fighter. We had one of those recently, and you participated. ^_^ Ranma versus Senator Armstrong.

The little I've seen of him puts him a tad above Ranma. There's the speed thing, there's the durability, there's the raw strength (Ranma is ridiculously strong -- we're getting into Class 50-60 with Ranma and Ryouga, in my opinion -- but Kenshiro is beyond that), there's the 'touch and die' stuff...
    There it is. I was confused.

Not helped in my memory by the fact I used the phrase "to do a Kenshiro," in that thread.

Where is Goku in this thread?
    It's Kid Goku, specifically from when he fought King Piccolo, he's Kenshiro's first match in the bracket.

I'm of the opinion that Kid Goku at that time isn't beyond Kenshiro's ability to takedown reliably. Speed bracket is still, if anything, in Kenshiro's favour. Goku hasn't gotten to the point where he's point and clicking small countries and such. Kenshiro really only needs to touch him and he has Musou Tensei and all that.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I somehow missed that. Thanks, all.

I'm uncertain about Kid Goku, but I would guess Ranma is at least at his level (unless I'm totally missing something).

Edit: *notes the comment about him taking down Piccolo, who at the time (I believe) was blowing up mountains or something* Nvmd....
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'm uncertain about Kid Goku, but I would guess Ranma is at least at his level (unless I'm totally missing something).

Edit: *notes the comment about him taking down Piccolo, who at the time (I believe) was blowing up mountains or something* Nvmd....
    King Piccolo, not Piccolo Jr bear in mind. King Piccolo was blasting chunks out of cities with some charge time.

Hilariously, I think Kenshiro would probably take longer to kill Ranma as compared to Kid Goku since Ranma can go invisible, is probably faster than Kid Goku, and so on, while Kid Goku can't really go on the defensive vs Kenshiro. He's stupidly durable though, so it might take a while, who knows?

Neither of them have any real counter to Musou Tensei, so offensive ability doesn't matter anyway.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    King Piccolo, not Piccolo Jr bear in mind. King Piccolo was blasting chunks out of cities with some charge time.
    ...my knowledge of DB is spotty at best. I have vague memories of thumbing through some of the manga in the bookstore, and there's what I hear on this board.

Still, blowing up sections of a city put him above Ranma rather comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Hilariously, I think Kenshiro would probably take longer to kill Ranma as compared to Kid Goku since Ranma can go invisible, is probably faster than Kid Goku, and so on, while Kid Goku can't really go on the defensive vs Kenshiro. He's stupidly durable though, so it might take a while, who knows?

Neither of them have any real counter to Musou Tensei, so offensive ability doesn't matter anyway.
    I'll take your word for it. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post

There's also the issue of Ken's pressure points being designed for humans, which Goku isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    There's also the issue of Ken's pressure points being designed for humans, which Goku isn't.
    There is nothing to suggest that Goku's physiology is too different for Hokuto Shinken would not work.

He's done it on animals, no reason why it wouldn't work on Goku.

Also, phase fist doesn't really care about physiology specifics.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

There is nothing to suggest that Goku's physiology is too different for Hokuto Shinken would not work.

outside of his tail, there really isn't much to say that saiyan biology is massivelly different from humans to say that pressure points wouldn't work on him.

hmmmm. didn't beerus use pressure points on goku and/or vegeta? trying to remember if he did or not.

Saiyan biology is similar enough to be compatible for mating. And the offspring are still capable of reproducing. So they are closer than horses are to donkeys.

....of course that makes NO SENSE considering tails, Zenkai boosts, natural toughness, moon transformations, ssj transformations and stuff like saiyan hair never changing or needing cutting.

But whatever!!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

That just means he knows where the pressure points on the animals are. I recall a case in FOTN where Ken's Hokuto Shinken didn't work because the Opponent's pressure points were where he expected

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    That just means he knows where the pressure points on the animals are. I recall a case in FOTN where Ken's Hokuto Shinken didn't work because the Opponent's pressure points were where he expected
    That was Souther whose body had a mutation where his entire circulatory system was reversed so conventional pressure points didn't work very well on him. There is nothing to suggest that Goku has a system that is as different to a normal human.

Further to that, when Kenshiro figured it out that it was just the same thing but backward, he killed Souther pretty easily.

Also, again, phase fist doesn't care about your biology so it's an immaterial point.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Saiyan biology is similar enough to be compatible for mating. And the offspring are still capable of reproducing. So they are closer than horses are to donkeys.

....of course that makes NO SENSE considering tails, Zenkai boosts, natural toughness, moon transformations, ssj transformations and stuff like saiyan hair never changing or needing cutting.

But whatever!!
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan