Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

[QUOTE=Marvel-Studios Rep;4364557]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    16 Martial Artists Artists from 16 Different Canons. Which one will win this tournament Bracket?

Everyone is acting in character, and is treating this as they would any other tournament. Killing is allowed by not Mandatory.

The Bracket is

1. Ryu (Street Fighter) vs. Jin Kazama (Tekken)

Jin easily once he transforms. Without that, I'd still favor him, but only because I'm assuming Ryu doesn't scale to Akuma at all.

2. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) vs. Liu Kang (Motal Kombat)

Don't know. Once saw a random anine clip on terry. Mortal combat on the other hand is pretty weak, I think.

3. Kenshiro (First of the North Star) vs. Kid Goku (Dragonball)

Goku is already dead.

4. Iron Fist (Marvel 616) vs. Cass Cain (DC Comics)

Ironfist.

5. Ip Man (Donnie Yen) vs. Kato (Green Hornet)

I actually think hornet is faster straight up into bullet time at peak. Yen is better everyone else though. Fight shouldn't last long. Yen everytime.

6. Po the Panda (Kung Fu Panda) vs. Avatar Aang

Aang demands they come up with a peaceful solution. Po agrees. Othereise aang goes avatar like against ozai.

7. Ranma Saotome vs Baki Hanma (Baki the Grappler)

Ranma

8. Tokita Ohma (Kengan Ashura) vs. Kenichi Shirahama (Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple)

Ah. I just started reading Kengan Asura. At the moment he stabds no chance, but I'm guessing he gets there.

In the Commantary seat for this show down will be The Legion of Superheroes resident Karate Expert, The Karate Kid Val Amorr

"ha! they only broke 3 laws of physics. rookies."

2. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) vs. Liu Kang (Motal Kombat)

Don't know. Once saw a random anine clip on terry. Mortal combat on the other hand is pretty weak, I think.

Anime Terry was all kinds of bonkers.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Killing isn't required to win, but it is permitted if the fighter desires to go that far. I'll admit Kenshiro is an odd fit for this, but I wanted all the fighters in it to be from different series, and I was stretched a bit thin as far as participants go
    I'm not calling you out or anything, it's more that Kenshiro is built conceptually for fast and efficient murder.

I'm not quite sure if Po will be beaten as badly as you think, since he's fairly durable and has some esoteric tricks her can pull out.
    Every major trick Po has requires him to be in melee range and he thrives on counter hits. Aang conversely plays an extreme keepaway strategy and can literally bury Po with earthbending.

but if these are the winners that you've called, what happens in the next round?
    I was going to see out the bracket last post but got distracted midway through worrying and ended up not having time before bed.

To see out the whole thing and assuming that it's single elimination. The second round looks as such based on my reading:

Jin Kazama vs Terry Bogard
    Honestly kind of coin flip on this one. I don't really know the two of them well enough to call it myself. I think Terry is faster but I'm open to correction on that. Jin has a lot of firepower at his disposal but it tends to take him a hot second to get his wild stuff going so Terry might just be able to stuff his offense at the outset. I'll call it Terry but I'm not married to it.

Kenshiro vs Iron Fist
    Ken obliterates Danny in short order.

Ip Man vs Aang
    Aang beats Ip by never allowing him to get into range and having much more destructive offensive toolset.

Ranma vs Tokita
    Ranma obliterates Tokita pretty easily.

So semi finals:

Terry vs Kenshiro
    Kenshiro obliterates Terry.

Aang vs Ranma
    Ranma blitzes Aang into the ground.

Final match: Kenshiro vs Ranma, a fight we've actually done on the board before I think. I think Ranma took it but it was a close match. Draw your own conclusions there. A lot of gimmicks on both sides.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I'm not calling you out or anything, it's more that Kenshiro is built conceptually for fast and efficient murder.
    Okay effective? Sure. Powerful? Absolutely. But efficient? The premise of Hokuto, killing with a touch, sounds efficient, but Kenshiro will punch a guy one hundred times at superspeed to kill him by making every organ in his body rupture and explode. That's like fishing by shooting a minigun into a lake.

I'm sorry, this has nothing to do with the fight, but I'm not letting you do this to the word 'efficient.' The line must be drawn here.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Okay effective? Sure. Powerful? Absolutely. But efficient? The premise of Hokuto, killing with a touch, sounds efficient, but Kenshiro will punch a guy one hundred times at superspeed to kill him by making every organ in his body rupture and explode. That's like fishing by shooting a minigun into a lake.

I'm sorry, this has nothing to do with the fight, but I'm not letting you do this to the word 'efficient.' The line must be drawn here.
    The One Hundred Crack Fist is one singular technique.

I mean he's also done stuff like poke people in the face gently and they explode. Kenshiro can and often is very efficient.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The One Hundred Crack Fist is one singular technique.

I mean he's also done stuff like poke people in the face gently and they explode. Kenshiro can and often is very efficient.
    Which makes it seem even less efficient when he uses the super flashy moves! And it's not even like he saves it for the really tough guys; he used it on frigging ZEED! Nanto guys may always ultimately lose because they're not the main character, but their techniques would be way better if you just wanted a school of techniques for rapid murder, and they don't stop working if you have to fight someone with the wrong body chemistry. Hokuto's better because it comes with a whole other suite of super powers like curing blindness and mental trauma.

I'm still gonna call the one-touch kills inefficient too, because blowing up entire organs can't be an efficient process when you're really just need to rupture like one artery to kill pretty much anyone. Sure, the energy investment from Kenshiro is small, but he's still doing way more than necessary for a quick murder.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Final match: Kenshiro vs Ranma, a fight we've actually done on the board before I think. I think Ranma took it but it was a close match. Draw your own conclusions there. A lot of gimmicks on both sides.
    Nice analysis, but I couldn't find this thread for some reason.

I'm not too familiar with Ranma beyond knowing that he's fast and has a lot of crazy techniques, so can someone enlighten me, how does he deal with Musuo Tensei?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm unsure if Ranma takes Kenshiro. The few times Nik has put up the Kenshiro speed algorithm makes me think Ken is faster.

That's the only point of Nik's consideration of this fight I'm iffy on, which is ironic as Nik is a Kenshiro fan and I know a heck of a lot more about Ranma than I do about Ken. ^_^

As for Musuo Tensei, in the manga Ranma would deal with it by getting his rear kicked, then coming back with some ridiculous counter-technique based on something absolutely silly. Or some half-assed copy of it that somehow manages to work.

Here? I don't think he can deal with it at all.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I actually can't find the thread, maybe I dreamed it.

I mean, I'd personally back Kenshiro. Quite apart from him being my boy, I think his gimmicks are more permanently death-ish.

I actually can't find the thread, maybe I dreamed it.
    You might be thinking about Ranma versus some other high-end fighter. We had one of those recently, and you participated. ^_^ Ranma versus Senator Armstrong.

I mean, I'd personally back Kenshiro. Quite apart from him being my boy, I think his gimmicks are more permanently death-ish.
    The little I've seen of him puts him a tad above Ranma. There's the speed thing, there's the durability, there's the raw strength (Ranma is ridiculously strong -- we're getting into Class 50-60 with Ranma and Ryouga, in my opinion -- but Kenshiro is beyond that), there's the 'touch and die' stuff...
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yeah, kind of thought the same thing, which is why I was a bit surprised by Nik's analysis of the outcome.

I mean, Ranma would be Kenshiro's toughest opponent here, no doubt, but that's really not saying much considering all his match-ups are utter stomps.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Yeah, kind of thought the same thing, which is why I was a bit surprised by Nik's analysis of the outcome.

I mean, Ranma would be Kenshiro's toughest opponent here, no doubt, but that's really not saying much considering all his match-ups are utter stomps.
    Would Ranma really be a tougher foe than Goku?

Where is Goku in this thread?
    Why are we here?

Kid Goku? Probably, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Third fight of the first round:

3. Kenshiro (First of the North Star) vs. Kid Goku (Dragonball)

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Ken's first fight in the tournament. But it's Kid Goku from DB, not any of the DBZ versions, most of which would be too much for Ken thanks to the blitz.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan