Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    My only wish is that Hickman brings back the Mysterious aspect of the Phoenix that I loved so much back in the classic days. And destroy everything Jason Aaron did. I only ask he makes the Phoenix actually relevant and interesting please. Thank You. :-)
    Yes!! I totally agree!

You guys think that alog with the Phoenix, Hickman will bring the Shiar back into the X-fold.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

F the Phoenix. If he wants to pick something from t g e past Count Nefaria and Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    My only wish is that Hickman brings back the Mysterious aspect of the Phoenix that I loved so much back in the classic days. And destroy everything Jason Aaron did. I only ask he makes the Phoenix actually relevant and interesting please. Thank You. :-)
    Aaron is the worst offender, what was already bad he just made it even worse.

I just don't want to see Jean dying again because of the phoenix

With Aaron the Phoenix has joined so many people so stupidly that it is beginning to look like Cosmic Venom.

Comic Geek in General

But who would be the host? To date it’s been (616 Only)
    -Whoever Lady Phoenix was before she gained its power (Stone Age Avengers, or is it The Phoenix Force as a Human?)
    -Rookshiar (first Shi’ar Host.....bloodline practically extinct, a pattern the Shi’ar like )
    -First Modern Phoenix (When it thought it was Jean, atomized)
    -Madelyn Pryor (Animated by Phoenix Force after comatose Jean rejected it)
    -Rachel Summers (One True Phoenix, has the control, never went Dark)
    -Jean (first she took the Codename, then the Costume, starting gaining the powers before being killed.....came back in Endsong, Phoenix Resurrection, told Phoenix Force to let her go)
    -Quentin Quire (Kid Omega, Gained a fraction of it in Endsong, shown to be a host in possible future)
    -Cyclops (first had it for a few seconds at the end of the Non Cannon Titans/ X-Men Crossover to defeat Darkseid, was part of the Phoenix Five, Went Dark Phoenix)
    -Emma Frost
    -Colossus
    -Namor
    -Magik
    -Hope Summers

Phoenix Force not seen since Phoenix Resurrection, so it could pop up in Hickman’s Run......hopefully the Death Commandoes don’t follow.....unless they want a throw down with a justifiably pissed off Jean, Rachel, Cyclops, Wolverine, Havok, Warpath.....

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    With Aaron the Phoenix has joined so many people so stupidly that it is beginning to look like Cosmic Venom.
    even before Aaron, phoenix was everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    But who would be the host? To date it’s been (616 Only)
    -Whoever Lady Phoenix was before she gained its power (Stone Age Avengers, or is it The Phoenix Force as a Human?)
    -Rookshiar (first Shi’ar Host.....bloodline practically extinct, a pattern the Shi’ar like )
    -First Modern Phoenix (When it thought it was Jean, atomized)
    -Madelyn Pryor (Animated by Phoenix Force after comatose Jean rejected it)
    -Rachel Summers (One True Phoenix, has the control, never went Dark)
    -Jean (first she took the Codename, then the Costume, starting gaining the powers before being killed.....came back in Endsong, Phoenix Resurrection, told Phoenix Force to let her go)
    -Quentin Quire (Kid Omega, Gained a fraction of it in Endsong, shown to be a host in possible future)
    -Cyclops (first had it for a few seconds at the end of the Non Cannon Titans/ X-Men Crossover to defeat Darkseid, was part of the Phoenix Five, Went Dark Phoenix)
    -Emma Frost
    -Colossus
    -Namor
    -Magik
    -Hope Summers

Phoenix Force not seen since Phoenix Resurrection, so it could pop up in Hickman’s Run......hopefully the Death Commandoes don’t follow.....unless they want a throw down with a justifiably pissed off Jean, Rachel, Cyclops, Wolverine, Havok, Warpath.....
    thane son of Thanos also was a phoenix host

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    You guys think that alog with the Phoenix, Hickman will bring the Shiar back into the X-fold.
    You'll have to wait until Jason is done with them in Avengers, too.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Hickman's Phoenix would probably be angry at finding its broken eggs which it had laid the last time it was on earth that were going to hatch new phoenixes and turn up before Cyclops and jean grey demanding a explanation. it would lead to them traveling to the white room for appeasing it. the Ngarai demons choose to invade the mansion with storm and Bishop and professor X being caught on the grounds and it's going to be revealed that they fed upon the eggs and are fearful of the phoenix learning about it. Emma Frost and the hellfire club get ambushed by namor and defenders of deep at the underwater base where they had gone in search of the phoenix fragment that emma had lost which had been taken from her by jeen who subconsciously willed it out during extermination undersea and it turns out that namor is being possessed by the fragment which was attracted to a former host and explains his recent behavior and increased strength. it will probably result in a final large scale battle with the X-MEN fighting the good fight on all fronts with the phoenix burning the ngarai karn to the ground at last teaming up with the X-MEN instead of always being the bird everybody wants to get rid of or use as a plot device.
    That would be a interesting first arc of the Flagship Series.....or a Mini Series Series between AoX Omega/ Uncanny #22 and HOX /POX #1 (it would a good way to bridge the gap, have the reunited team have a major test like the Phoenix Force).....

BANNED

Hard to say, since it depends on where Hickman stands about the Phoenix. Does he like the stuff people added to it after Claremont? Or is he of the opinion the concept of the Phoenix Force should never have existed and been Jean all along?

His focus for now doesn't seem to be retconning stuff, I think. The thing with Moira and whatever he's writing in Powers of X doesn't seem to be the "everything you thought about this thing was wrong" every writer goes with; I think his approach will most likely be "see, all this stuff you know/like? Some parts of it are linked to this thing I'm introducing, but it's still the same thing, just with parts added". So, if he picks the Phoenix, I don't think he'll change the PF fundamentally, but if he does use it, I just think he'll try to make the disparities between portrayals smoothier instead of burning everything down.

Naturally, I'm against the PF being used ever again on X-Men and just let Aaron wank his pets with it for eternity. It would hardly add anything at this point.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    even before Aaron, phoenix was everywhere

thane son of Thanos also was a phoenix host
    I forgot about that bundle of nightmares......wasn’t Spider-Man and Deadpool a host at one point?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

No more phoenix for a few years please.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

God decades of classic stories and people still want that tired ass Phoenix story. Make like a mutant and evolve already.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Please, let's not have yet another (bad, non-contributing) Phoenix story.

I prefer something new but it is a cosmic adventure is hard to leave Phoenix out.

Jean just gave up the Phoenix a short time ago and do not want to see her involved with this anytime soon. On the other hand it would be interesting to see the concept of the entity returning more to the side of life rather than something evil and destructive.