Mighty Member

Default Who are the 2 Super-characters in this picture`?

Hello,here:

https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/icon...4_original.jpg

You see 2 Superman, but is this Pre-Flashpoint and NEW52 Superman or Clark and Jon or Clark and Conner or?

That's (from left to right) Rebirth Superman and New 52 Superman. They were merged together (read, the later was erased but DC didn't assume to say it openly) to create Reborn Superman, the current one.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That's (from left to right) Rebirth Superman and New 52 Superman. They were merged together (read, the later was erased but DC didn't assume to say it openly) to create Reborn Superman, the current one.
    I knew that they are merged together, but I didnt understand the picture, because I dont know why they display both in these picture AND on this picture NEW52
    and Rebirth Superman here in this picture seem to be the only different in the costume, while in the Comics the Pre-Flashpoint (Rebirth) Superman is actually older than the NEW52 Superman...

Thank you...

If I remember right, this picture is from a Nightwing issue prior to the merger, with Dick remembering both Supermen. But the artist didn't drew their face differently.

Yeah, it's Rebirth Superman and New 52 Superman, but keep in mind, artists often drew and still draw post-Rebirth and post-Reborn Superman as whatever the heck age they feel like, and I think that's fine. He can look anywhere from twenty-nine to fifty years old, and frequently does. That's why he looks close to the same age as the eternally 25 year old New 52 Kal here.

Anyway, I really like this picture. Having the New 52 Superman included in Dick's Friendscape even after his death was heartening for me, as a huge New 52 Superman fan. It made me feel like DC wasn't entirely forgetting him. Of course, a few months later, they aggressively did. So that wasn't great.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."