31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Janet

23 74.19%
  • Cassie

4 12.90%
  • Nadia

4 12.90%

Default Clash of the Titanesses (poll)

This might be difficult for some of you. Let's say that Marvel is looking to give a solo book to a pym particle using heroine. But it can only be one. No sharing a book. No recurring or supporting cast roles. The focus will be squarely on one. Who are you supporting; Nadia, Janet, or Cassie?

Should be Janet. The character has been around and done to much not to be considered.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Nadia offers more story.opportunities with the Genius in Action Research Labs, her Red Room history, and of course Pymtron

Janet should be on the Avengers, if not leading them.
    Cassie with the Young Avengers or as part of a duo with her dad.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm gonna have to say Nadia, while she has more or less been sharing her book with Janet I feel like you could remove Janet from the series without much damage. I think her adventures with GIRL are entertaining enough in their own right.

Janet should absolutely have a place on the Avengers. Cassie should be a strong presence wherever her father is or find a place with the other former YA members.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I went with Janet she’s earned it. I would love to see a Stinger and Ant-Man book as well.

Nadia's book has been in the 500-700 copies sold range for 3-4 months now. It's her second (3rd?) time being cancelled before the year is even out.

Sorta feel it's time to give someone else a shot and not only that but have that shot be take in the complete opposite direction of Nadia's book. Give us back the Janet who led the Avengers and still looked cute doing it in a solo title.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-19-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Second time cancelled. Nadia's other series, Ant-Man and the Wasp, was a mini that directly preceded Unstoppable Wasp volume 2.

Totally agreed that Cassie belongs in a team book, not a solo. She should be either with her father or with the Young Avengers. Nadia has the Champions, and GIRL could show up there as a mission control. Janet's currently in Avengers - but not actually on the team - Iron Man, and Unstoppable Wasp. Hopefully she'll get something (solo book or a proper Avengers roster spot) by next year. Can't see her staying in Iron Man once Slott's run ends (and I expect him to go after the Iron Man 2020 event), and Unstoppable is cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Janet has a lot of back story she can delve into (so does Nadia but...). Where is her mother? Does she have uncles and aunts? Her associates before she met Hank Pym and became this whole other personality she never was. Or was she always this bubbly effervescent person? Where does the costume design ability come from? How does she plan an attack? Is she coached and trained by Pym, or is it all her own inventiveness? Like the Invisible Woman, Janet van Dyne would make an ideal Secret Agent because she can disappear, and using Pym particles, could shrink her enemies (or machines) down to size and freak the hell out of them. You could even have Janet and Sue Richards in a Fem Fatale group with Black Widow. I’m struggling to think of any other members that had similar power sets that would be handy. Scarlet Witch maybe. I’m thinking a reformed Punisher as their coordinator. You need somebody that works all the angles and knows where everybody is, and Frank does it so well. Alternate Universe Frank?

The really big one - what would she be if she never met Hank Pym?
    Last edited by jackolover; 05-19-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Invincible Member

Jan. It's a shame that she didn't get a mini-series years ago.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

I'd like a book with Janet in the lead. Nadia & Cassie in supporting roles. They would have adventures together, Jan would be the administrative head of Nadia's lab. Janet would also be the field leader and spokesperson for an Avengers/X-Men unity team as well. Light on the anti-mutant stuff, heavy on heroics.

The trio's adventures would be a hybrid of lab, single mother figure with two surrogate daughters fun, and exploration! Fun would be the emphasis over melodrama, but enough melodrama to be interesting!

Cassie is like a niece to her, if you think about it. Cassie does call Hank "Uncle", which would make Janet "Aunt". Nadia was adopted officially, so there's nothing surrogate about it. Janet won't stop being Nadia's mum just because her real mum has apparently turned up alive.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Janet has a clear lead so far.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Had to go with Janet, since I'm old school. Nadia would be my second choice.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I love Nadia's book, but Janet needs a chance to shine