Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Crisis on Infinite Earths (Arrowverse)

Apparently it will be 5 episodes long, and they have a month of filming dedicated to it:

https://tvline.com/2019/05/16/arrowv...edule-legends/

https://twitter.com/thedctvshow/stat...074563072?s=21

(I don't know if the second source is reliable by the way).

I think this is the biggest crossover yet!

Wonder how many characters will be killed off, or not, but from what I know of the story it kinda has to be a bloodbath doesn't it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Apparently it will be 5 episodes long, and they have a month of filming dedicated to it:

Wonder how many characters will be killed off, or not, but from what I know of the story it kinda has to be a bloodbath doesn't it?
    There were only a few deaths, and most of those were title characters of current CW shows, so guessing it will be relatively blood free in the end. Time travel heals most wounds.

The original Crisis had a lot of characters dying as their worlds were destroyed by the Anti-Monitor, but for big name deaths the only ones to die that I recall were Barry Allen, Supergirl, and The Monitor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The original Crisis had a lot of characters dying as their worlds were destroyed by the Anti-Monitor, but for big name deaths the only ones to die that I recall were Barry Allen, Supergirl, and The Monitor.
    Maybe we'll get another Supergirl death. We'll be led to assume it was Earth-38's only to find out it was Melissa playing an alternate version. She seems to have a thing for playing multiple Karas.

Or John Wesley Shipp gets another death scene- this time as Jay Garrick. He's died as Henry, 90's TV Barry, let's go for a hat trick.

Bring back Wally or if scheduling allows Jesse.
    Legends is just lousy with red-shirt supers to use as cannon fodder.
    Do a stealth use of Batman (since they can't actually name him) to give Batwoman more freedom.
    Maybe finally payoff that Hal Jordan tease from the early Arrow seasons. Here's Hal with a ring. He dies. John Diggle gets it (also paying off the John Stewart easter eggs) and is sent off to patrol the Earth-1 sector (explaining his fate in that "future" last season).

I’m very much looking forward to this. It’s getting to the point where the only thing I look forward to when it comes to the Arrowverse is the crossovers. Doom Patrol has kinda ruined Legends of Tomorrow for me.
    Anyway I think besides Oliver we’re definitely going to lose some universes. Earths 2, 3, 19 and X are likely going to be cosmic dust courtesy of the anti-monitor. Maybe also earth 38, if there isn’t a merge. Kara losing another home planet would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Time travel heals most wounds.
    I will be majorly disappointed if they go that route. Consequences gotta stick or there's no point.

Retired

I binged the rest of ARROW'S season 7 this weekend, just to get caught up. Next I have to binge SUPERGIRL. I'm already caught up on FLASH and LEGENDS. I still have to binge BLACK LIGHTNING, but it doesn't seem like BL will be part of the Crisis, unfortunately.

I really didn't know what to make of ARROW's ending. The timeline makes no sense if Felicity carried a baby to term and Oliver was with his daughter for a few months, yet it's still 2019--did this year have 15 months? It seems to me that the whole of season 8 has to be connected to Crisis and not just one or two episodes. Which would be good. Having a number of episodes that set up the big event is better than just trying to do something so massive in only five episodes. I could see ARROW becoming "Green Arrow Team-Up," where each week Ollie meets another hero in the multiverse.

And it seems confirmed that Diggle is John Stewart (since his step father is named Stewart). It would be cool if they did some kind of Green Lantern/Green Arrow series with John and Oliver.

Well I'm guessing Oliver's fate is sealed.
    But I'm 100% sure Barry will NOT end up vanishing (or at least it won't be forever) because, you know, he still has a full season ahead afterwards.

I guess it could be an opportunity to let various character die that haven't had much to do during the last few seasons, like Miick (who has only been drinking, eating and sleeping, if we're honest^^).

Or bring back characters like Ragman to kill them off....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Interestingly enough, a version of all three CW 'leads' die, since, in addition to Barry and Kara, the Earth 2 Green Arrow also dies.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Cross posted from the Flash thread....

Mentioned this in a few of my react vids, but wanted to see if anyone else can see it...

I think it would be cool and could be a thing that Thawne disappears in the crisis rather than Barry. Sure he will start off villainous but then come to working against the anti-Monitor or whatever the big crossover threat it and he sacrifices himself. And no not for any redemption means, like many of you I am tired of that crap, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut as just another way to stick it to Barry. As much as he hates Thawne, he would have to be in Thawne's debt for saving the multiverse in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I could see ARROW becoming "Green Arrow Team-Up," where each week Ollie meets another hero in the multiverse.

This is def what it should be. The show as we knew it pretty well ended with the finale, or they could at least look at it that way and just start fresh and have him with someone else in the weeks leading up to the crisis. Batman Brave & the Bold cartoon style.
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 05-20-2019 at 11:29 AM.

So Reverse Flash, Psycho-Pirate, Ma'alefa'ak, Lex Luthor and Doctor Destiny are all positioned to be key players. Only they seem to be pawns of the Monitor rather than the Anti-Monitor, interesting.

Retired

It's funny that ARROW, which has been the most grounded of all the CW super-hero shows, is going out with one of the most fantastical super-hero plots of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Interestingly enough, a version of all three CW 'leads' die, since, in addition to Barry and Kara, the Earth 2 Green Arrow also dies.
    Pretty sure most of the Detroit Justice League died in Crisis too. So, that would include Cisco and Nate. (Vixen? Don't remember.)

Retired

You would think that Crisis took out the Detroit League, but JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA survived COIE and was only taken out later by the one-two punch of LEGENDS and Professor Ivo's plot to kill the Detroit League. Which allowed the launch of the new JUSTICE LEAGUE from Giffen and DeMatteis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's funny that ARROW, which has been the most grounded of all the CW super-hero shows, is going out with one of the most fantastical super-hero plots of all time.
    I think Ollie's deal with the Monitor is one of those plot devices to ensure that the guy who shoots arrows can be a major player in a story that deals with a universal threat. (a lot of stories like to emphasize the human in big cosmic stories, so it's not just about who has the most power)