Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

It will be exciting however it plays out.

I hope it provides an opportunity for a Multi-verse version of Oliver with the goatee, even if it's only for a second or so!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's funny that ARROW, which has been the most grounded of all the CW super-hero shows, is going out with one of the most fantastical super-hero plots of all time.
    Eh, it was always less grounded than we allowed ourselves to admit. Season 1 revolved around an earthquake machine, after all.

You would think that Crisis took out the Detroit League, but JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA survived COIE and was only taken out later by the one-two punch of LEGENDS and Professor Ivo's plot to kill the Detroit League. Which allowed the launch of the new JUSTICE LEAGUE from Giffen and DeMatteis.
    I have a distinct image in my head of Gypsy being killed in COIE. Maybe it was just her? (Am I confusing it with something?)

Retired

As far as I know there was no death for "Gyspsy" in COIE. But I don't have time to go through every issue to make sure that something like that didn't happen--maybe with another character. It's certain she's alive after COIE because her surviving Ivo's attack was an important plot development. She was pictured being shot on the cover of the penultimate issue, but that was misleading. Vibe wasn't so luck and got taken out by Ivo's androids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Pretty sure most of the Detroit Justice League died in Crisis too. So, that would include Cisco and Nate. (Vixen? Don't remember.)
    Actually, Justice League Detroit came out of the Crisis entirely unscathed. Legends, on the other hand, took out Steel and Vibe.

Crisis big (and not so big) deaths:
    Barry Allen
    Supergirl
    Huntress
    Robin of Earth-2
    Green Arrow of Earth-2 (but NOT Speedy! He's still out there!)
    Kole
    Kid Psycho
    Luthor of Earth-2
    Psimon
    Solovar
    The Losers
    Nighthawk
    Dove (Don Hall)
    Aquagirl
    14 Guardians of the Universe
    Icicle I
    Mirror Master I
    Maaldor
    Red Tornado(?)
    The Crime Syndicate of America
    Lois Lane and Luthor of Earth-3
    Wonder Woman of Earth-1 (devolved to clay)
    Wonder Woman of Earth-2 (sent to Olympus with Steve Trevor)
    Immortal Man
    Superman and Lois of Earth-2 (limbo Heaven)
    Superboy of Earth-Prime (ditto)
    Alex Luthor (double ditto)
    Monitor and Anti-Monitor

I've re-read it a lot

Astonishing Member

One of my theories about the ending of CW's COIE, and the ending of Arrow is that Oliver and Felicity's fate will mirror the fate of Earth 2 Superman and Lois Lane in the original story - in that their reality is erased, but they survive in some kind of paradise dimension/realm.

A related but slightly crazier theory is that when the timeline resets, there is also a new version of Oliver Queen with a different life left on whatever is the main earth. This Oliver is married to Laurel, and has a good relationship with Emiko, who is now Red Arrow. Plus, he has a goatee! So the Oliver we've followed gets his definitive ending, but a new version lives on for future appearances...

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    So Reverse Flash, Psycho-Pirate, Ma'alefa'ak, Lex Luthor and Doctor Destiny are all positioned to be key players. Only they seem to be pawns of the Monitor rather than the Anti-Monitor, interesting.
    That Monitor is making pawns of everyone! He's just going to sit back and eat popcorn while the heroes and villains battle.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    One of my theories about the ending of CW's COIE, and the ending of Arrow is that Oliver and Felicity's fate will mirror the fate of Earth 2 Superman and Lois Lane in the original story - in that their reality is erased, but they survive in some kind of paradise dimension/realm.

A related but slightly crazier theory is that when the timeline resets, there is also a new version of Oliver Queen with a different life left on whatever is the main earth. This Oliver is married to Laurel, and has a good relationship with Emiko, who is now Red Arrow. Plus, he has a goatee! So the Oliver we've followed gets his definitive ending, but a new version lives on for future appearances...
    I think the Monitor will use Oliver as his Harbinger and as a reward, he and Felicity can go live in that paradise dimension realm. Resetting the timeline with a new Oliver and a new life would be...odd, but it depends on how the Arrowverse plans on continuing. We've seen so many conflicting futures in each show, I'm wondering if there can be some sort of synthesis.

Retired

Finished my binge of SUPERGIRL, so now I'm all caught up with the Arrowverse. Frankly, I fell asleep with a few episodes, it was so boring. But then episode 15 and 16, with Luthor and Red Daughter, turned that all around and those were some of the best episodes for any of the CW shows. Which gets me hyped for Luthor being in the Crisis. I gather he will lead a team of super-villains and I wonder what villains we'll get. Thawne seems obvious--who else? It would be great if we got Merlyn, Darhk and Grodd.

Finished my binge of SUPERGIRL, so now I'm all caught up with the Arrowverse. Frankly, I fell asleep with a few episodes, it was so boring. But then episode 15 and 16, with Luthor and Red Daughter, turned that all around and those were some of the best episodes for any of the CW shows. Which gets me hyped for Luthor being in the Crisis. I gather he will lead a team of super-villains and I wonder what villains we'll get. Thawne seems obvious--who else? It would be great if we got Merlyn, Darhk and Grodd.
    While I'm kind of tired of Merlyn at this point, I do think that if Arrow is going to end, Oliver needs to face him one last time.

Lets see- Lex leading a team of Thawne, Merlyn, Grodd, Darhk. Maybe Zoom, but I don't know how that would work with him being the Black Racer.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Lets see- Lex leading a team of Thawne, Merlyn, Grodd, Darhk. Maybe Zoom, but I don't know how that would work with him being the Black Racer.
    If we could get a new Legion of Doom to actually go up against all the main Arrowverse heroes...that would be pretty darn awesome.

But yeah, with Arrow ending I almost feel like Merlyn has to show up at some point.

Retired

Merlyn, Darhk and Thawne were so good in the Legion of Doom. The ARROW writers may have run out of steam with Merlyn--and they totally dropped the ball on Darhk--but Barrowman, McDonough and Letscher were golden on LEGENDS. Add Cryer into that mix and it could be wickedl.

In the upcoming CW crossover, I hope Supergirl's Earth is merged with the main Arrowverse.

Is Black Lightning's world also separate? That show isn't part of the crossover.

Retired

The producer of BLACK LIGHTNING doesn't want the show connected with the Arrowverse. But I hope he relents and lets one actor make a cameo. It's a Multiverse--even if one of the characters shows up in COIE it doesn't mean that BL is tied to the other shows. We have the possibliity of actors from SMALLVILLE, LOIS AND CLARK and THE FLASH (original) making an appearance, one actor flying up to Vancouver to shoot a day isn't asking much.

BANNED

What about Earth-90 Flash?
    Will they redeem him from his lame appearance on the previous crossover?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    While I'm kind of tired of Merlyn at this point, I do think that if Arrow is going to end, Oliver needs to face him one last time.

I’m sure it won’t happen, but i’d love it if thawne was matt letscher.