Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Could Injustice 3 become a DC vs Marvel game?

So recently Ed Boon did an interview with Gameinformer and confirmed that he had spoken to Marvel about a fighting game. In it he said that he would love to do a Marvel vs DC fighting game. So with the established pattern NRS releases games (switch between a DC and MK game every 2 years), it's safe to assume Injustice 3 is next (likely releasing in 2021). Do you all think that INJ3 will be revealed as the highly requested, long awaited DC vs Marvel game? Would you want it to be said game? Or would you prefer it to just remain a DC fighting game? Also what would your roster look like for a hypothetical DC vs Marvel game? Mine would be:

DC
    Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    The Flash
    Green Lantern
    Hawkgirl
    Shazam
    Cyborg
    Robin
    Blue Beetle
    Catwoman
    Harley Quinn
    Joker
    Lex Luthor
    Deathstroke

DLC
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Black Manta
    Darkseid

Marvel
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    Thor
    The Hulk
    Spider-Man
    Wolverine
    Captain Marvel
    Storm
    Black Widow
    Black Panther
    Doctor Strange
    Deadpool
    Elektra
    Dr Doom
    Venom
    Magneto

DLC
    Gamora
    Mr Fantastic
    Green Goblin
    Thanos
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Honestly, I would want a DC vs Marvel game from Capcom. I like the crazy fast pace fighting in the MvC series more so than the slow keep away of Injustice. Also the artists from the Capcom division is just way better. Look at these work of art drawn by Bengus.

But if it was NRS, I would be down with Injustice 3 being a vs game. I don't see where the story of Injustice can go from the last game. Haven't figured out a roster but I'm ready for some new characters in Injustice. Away with the old characters.

Mighty Member

I personally would like a DC Injustice Game but WITHOUT Story, so you can just take many DC Characters in the Game:

Superman Comics:
    Superman
    Supergirl/Powergirl
    Superboy (Pre-Flashpoint)
    Darkseid
    Mongul
    Cyborg Superman

Batman Comics:
    Batman
    Nightwing
    Red Hood
    Killer Croc
    Clayface
    Bane
    Joker
    Black Mask
    Cassandra Cain

Wonder Woman Comics
    Wonder Woman
    Cassie Sandsmark
    Cheetah

Flash Comics
    Barry/Wally
    Bart
    Reverse Flash/Zoom

Green Arrow
    Green Arrow
    Red Arrow/Arsenal
    Black Canary

Justice League
    Martian Manhunter
    Aquaman
    Shazam
    Captain Atom

BANNED

There's no chance there will be a DC vs Marvel game. None whatsoever.

Unlikely, because, you know, real world WB vs Disney.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Could Boon even work on a Marvel game, considering that Warner owns NetherRealm?

As cool as it would be, I just don't see either WB or Disney playing ball enough to be able to release a DC vs. Marvel game.

There would just be too many hoops to jump through.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    But if it was NRS, I would be down with Injustice 3 being a vs game. I don't see where the story of Injustice can go from the last game. Haven't figured out a roster but I'm ready for some new characters in Injustice. Away with the old characters.
    I would assume we'll get either a Multiverse or time travel story (which would be kind of funny coming off MK11).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Could Boon even work on a Marvel game, considering that Warner owns NetherRealm?
    I was thinking this too.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Warner publishes the Lego games and there been several Marvel Lego games.

Injustice is one of the few things DC has over Marvel. I don’t think DC/WB would be dumb enough to share that with the competition. That would be almost like Disney/Marvel wanting to make a DC crossover film. There’s no point since they’re crushing the competition.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-20-2019 at 03:00 PM.

This is one of those things Kurt Busiek talked about recently when he said why another JLA vs. Avengers mini-series is really unlikely. When you're dealing with two huge mega corporations, they're usually not in the mood to do something that's essentially free marketing and publicity for their competitor's product. Especially in this case, when Injustice 2 was so much more successful than the last Marvel vs. Capcom.

So then you have to factor in things like profit splitting, licensing fees, and probably all sorts of contracts and negotiations designed to make sure one group doesn't end up looking better than the other....there are a lot of hurdles for a project like this, even if the end result would likely be a huge hit.

Between corporate ego and legal hurdles I'm putting the idea of Inj3 being a DC v Marvel game at just this side of impossible.

Even if it were a real option, I wouldn't want it. Injustice has built a interesting and fun narrative and I'm interested in seeing where it goes, who comes out on top (obviously it'll be Batman, grumblegrumble), and how the story is resolved. I'd hate to see it turned into something its not. The over-abundance of guest characters is already irksome, and forgivable only because the likes of Hellboy and Raiden are really cool characters that don't heavily impact the story itself.

Now, I wouldn't be against the idea of a DC v Marvel game......but not as the final/next installment of Injustice.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This is one of those things Kurt Busiek talked about recently when he said why another JLA vs. Avengers mini-series is really unlikely. When you're dealing with two huge mega corporations, they're usually not in the mood to do something that's essentially free marketing and publicity for their competitor's product. Especially in this case, when Injustice 2 was so much more successful than the last Marvel vs. Capcom.
    Yeah, you read the Marvel vs. DC book and it becomes really clear why DC and Marvel crossovers became less and less frequent after JLA/Avengers.

I reckon that whole destroy DC covers gimmick Marvel ran during Blackest Night probably didn't help matters...

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I reckon that whole destroy DC covers gimmick Marvel ran during Blackest Night probably didn't help matters...
    DC had put the kibosh on crossovers with Marvel before Blackest Night and before the Disney buyout. If I recall correctly, it had something to do with some disparaging remarks Quesada and Bendis made about DC in (an) interview(s).

I would imagine both companies now being owned by fierce competitors has put the final nail in the coffin.

BANNED

it could be interesting to see the ultimate marvel alliance line mix it up with the injustice verse but then there would be a conflict to start with on whether the role play style would be adopted for the crossover or would it be a crossover fighting game.