Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

For me I read the clothing part as making it easier to identify the characters when out of uniform. Yes, Storm is striking and you most likely won't miss her. But Cannonball? Havok? Iceman (when they make him blond for whatever reason)? Then you just have confusing blond white guys. Giving them clothes with a color scheme to match their uniforms would help the reader figure out which is which.

I have liked the idea put forth by Jumbo and mutant culture and such as that has very real world connotations.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

The thing is that the X-Men are not only mutants, they are representatives of the mutants. It makes sense that it's important to them what the mutant clothes are.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I liked the interview Mike Carey´s run is defintely not appreaciated enough, I love that he has a long term plan. The man made me read the FF when I never did that before so I trust he knows what he´s doing.
    For me it was the FF and the Avengers and I enjoyed both very much.
    So yeah...we share the same sentiment.
    The X-Men as a franchise has gone too long without someone at the helm who actually knows what they're doing.

Next week is about events.

So they can avoid any question about diversity for one more week

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

They;ll avoid those every week. Most likely because they know how biased they are. During the X-Monday about ships, someone asked JDW how he felt about M x Sunspot since it's so few pairings with POC. NO answer.

Another was a fan who asked Chris Robinson & Greg Pak why Monet kept turning white in Weapon X, and neither of them answered. But Pak sure as Hell has no issue raving about diversity with his All-Asian Atlas team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    They;ll avoid those every week. Most likely because they know how biased they are. During the X-Monday about ships, someone asked JDW how he felt about M x Sunspot since it's so few pairings with POC. NO answer.
    Has JDW edited anything with Monet or Sunspot in his recent tenure? If not, I wouldn't answer that question if I were him either. Actually, have Monet and Sunspot ever met on panel?

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Has JDW edited anything with Monet or Sunspot in his recent tenure? If not, I wouldn't answer that question if I were him either. Actually, have Monet and Sunspot ever met on panel?
    JDW is editing the current Rosenberg Uncanny run that Sunspot is in. And while is started before he got there, Weapon X was still running when he came on board where Monet was. And he stated a few months back there may be plans for Monet. And given she's pparently gonna be in Hickman's HOX, then yeah, he's involved with stuff they've been in.

Plenty of fans asked questions about would-be pairings. And many get answers. But conveniently not that one. Someone asked about Jean x Bishop having a baby. That was complete ridiculous, but he still gave a response.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-21-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Marvel/Hickman seems more interested in pushing blonde hair blue eyed whitebread 1percenter eliteist snob Mama Frost than dealing with diversity within the x-universe. After all everyone knows Emma is the perfect metaphor and stand-in for minorities. Don't expect much of anything if you're a Storm or Bishop fan, Berto and Monet? well he says he likes them, we will see if they get to do anything other than be token wallpaper. Diversity is out the window for the foreseeable future, the age of Emma is upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Marvel/Hickman seems more interested in pushing blonde hair blue eyed whitebread 1percenter eliteist snob Mama Frost than dealing with diversity within the x-universe. After all everyone knows Emma is the perfect metaphor and stand-in for minorities. Don't expect much of anything if you're a Storm or Bishop fan, Berto and Monet? well he says he likes them, we will see if they get to do anything other than be token wallpaper. Diversity is out the window for the foreseeable future, the age of Emma is upon us.
    Well with Monet, it depends on her getting to stay black (or brown for some people). Or whether she'll be a white woman next time we see her.
    Weapon X Whiteness.jpg
    Modesty Blaise.jpg
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-21-2019 at 11:30 AM.

BANNED

JDW is editing the current Rosenberg Uncanny run that Sunspot is in.
    Since we haven't even seen Sunspot, lets at least wait till tomorrow before you throw your latest stone.

Also, I don't think JDW picks the questions he answers.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    But that's not a problem when it's Scott, Jean or Logan in the forefront?

>Monet is the only POC on a cover with six characters who are not Emma Frost, a woman who is not even currently a member of the X-Men

>EMMA FROST IS THE REASON THE X-MEN ARE SO WHITE
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    But that's not a problem when it's Scott, Jean or Logan in the forefront?
    IvX worked better than we thought.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Since we haven't even seen Sunspot, lets at least wait till tomorrow before you throw your latest stone.

Also, I don't think JDW picks the questions he answers.
    I'm not throwing stones. You said JDW is understandable not to answer because you didn't think he did anything either of the characters were in. And you were wrong. They've been in things he's edited. So what does that have to do with answering a fan question on a ship?

Again, if you don't like my posts, the site has a block function you're free to use.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-21-2019 at 11:32 AM.

BANNED

I'm not throwing stones. You said JDW is understandable not to answer because you didn't think he did anything either of the characters were in. And you were wrong. They've been in things he's edited. So what does that have to do with answering a fan question on a ship?
    No, what I said was if JDW hadn't edited anything with them than he shouldn't feel like he has to answer. I wasn't sure if he had or not and you said he hadn't. Since your so invested I assumed you would know. And you did. Thank you for the information (which you rudely shared). He should have addressed Monet since he was the editor.