Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

I am excited for Hickman's run. I have been wanting to feel the same sort of excitement I felt for Grant Morrison's run. I am glad that Hickman likes Emma. I want to see her return to the X-men and treated as an X-man. There are several of us die hard Jean Grey fans that adore the character of Emma Frost.

I am not concerned yet for Jean because she is on the covers and in the preview pages.

I am excited to learn more about HOX and POX.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He always intended to break them up. If I'm not mistaken Moira wa a even considered
    Perhaps, but he wouldn't necessarily use Ororo for this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    No worries, sorry if i was rude.
    Can't recall for the life of me a moment you were rude, so no need for apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. X-Men is for whites. All you others quit whining or go away all together. lol Some would like more diversity given how much the X-Men focuses on oppression, accepting those who are different, etc. Like Rahne. It appeared to be a reference to trans panic. But why not ever have an actual trans mutant dealing with these issues. Instead of inserting "acceptable" characters into the role under pretense of diversity. lol

But I agree diversity is only one thing. We have numerous other issues with the franchise.

1. Solos for certain characters disguised as team books. If you're doing an X-team book, treat all the characters with respect. Give them all depth, shining moments, and development. Rather than limiting those things to 1 or 2 characters while the rest become cheerleaders, wallpaper, or accessories.

2. Continuity is a HELL of an issue. lol Don't give a characters 2+ different backstories. Wolverine, Deadpool, and Sabretooth have all suffered this. And the so-called "memory implants" was just a cheap way to retcon stuff at the drop of a hat.

Characterization falls under continuity too. You get the same character written completely different depending on a writer's mood. Keep characters consistent. If a character's moral alignment is changing, put a story to that. Don't just have characters going back & forth between good and evil based on the week day. Same with intelligence. If a character has been known to be smart in the past, don't make them insect-brained just because you needed a dumb character for your story. lol Use a character who's already dumb, rather than turning a smart one into a moron. I think Emma had this happen. She got that "Diamond Form" because the writer needed a tank & Colossus was elsewhere. So now we have that random power for Emma. Hell they could've used Bling! I think she's got a solid more tank-like form. Forgive me if I am wrong, as I am not as familiar with her. But I am sure Colossus isn't the only tank around and they could've gotten someone else rather than inserting Emma into that role.
    Bling was created after Morrison run.Now if you mean that Morrison could've had created a new diverse character? Well he could had done that.

x-men has been for whites for a long time and it got worse after Claremont stopped writing it

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's actually possible to make mainly white franchises less white without knocking prominent caucasian characters aside, and X-Books could do it if people actually tried, but I guess if a problem's been around long enough, you don't have to do anything about it, even if you can. But I will happily take a world where diversity is the biggest problem with X-Books, unlike recent years where it's been knocked out of top 10. It'll just remain one of the things the Avengers do better.
    There is limited panel time, limited books. We can't have it all at the same time
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-21-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Black Panther is the MVP of the Avengers even with Cap, Thor, Stark and Danvers around. Robbie's plot is one of the most important parts of the book. In Hickman's Avengers, BP was one of the major players, through New Avengers and Secret Wars. Sunspot had a really good character arc.

But people have this binary mentality that you need to knock some character down to prop another. Which is why certain posters cling so hard to Bishop, of all characters, since he's the new challenger to Scott's "throne".
    Sure peopel don't like Bishop, everything is about Scott. I don't know what Bishop has to do with with Scott.

sure Jean was never knocked out to prop Emma and Scott

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I see the Jean fans are still outraged at Hickman for liking Emma and now she's blamed for the whiteness of the books.

Some galaxy brained takes there, fellas.
    Liking? it is pure shilling.

People here lost their minds because Jean was the focus on Red.

Imagine if a writer shilled for Jean like Hickman did with Emma
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-21-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I'm so excited about these books. From here on in we won't have to see Kitty in her shitty fucking normie clothing ever again<3

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I'm so excited about these books. From here on in we won't have to see Kitty in her shitty fucking normie clothing ever again<3
    Kitty costumes are awful

BANNED

Kitty’s closet is just the same costume over and over again plus a bunch of peekaboo holes where all the middle aged men and Colossus hide behind.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sure peopel don't like Bishop, everything is about Scott. I don't know what Bishop has to do with with Scott.

sure Jean was never knocked out to prop Emma and Scott

Liking? it is pure shilling.

People here lost their minds because Jean was the focus on Red.

Imagine if a writer shilled for Jean like Hickman did with Emma
    You mean like how Taylor did for the entirety of Red?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You mean like how Taylor did for the entirety of Red?
    Jean was never a favorite character for Taylor and everyone got a chance to shine and do something important to the story.

BANNED

Jean was never a favorite character for Taylor and everyone got a chance to shine and do something important to the story.

Could the mutant vaccine be engineered to make the whole world forget about mutants? Maybe that's how they soft reboot

Spoilers

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Kitty costumes are awful
    Don't get me wrong, I actually like some of her costumes. They should streamline her Excalibur lqqk! But her normal, civilian clothing makes her look like an *******.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Could the mutant vaccine be engineered to make the whole world forget about mutants? Maybe that's how they soft reboot
    Marvel would not want to make impossible to use mutants in other books.