Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I'm most interested because this feels like the first pitch for introducing the X-Men into the MCU.

Even though I thought Hickman's Avengers stuff was boring and more tell than show, the line needs a visionary with clout and commitment and he clearly has both. It's exciting.
    Hickman said he came back because Marvel propose a "vertically-integrated opportunities at the company that were not available when I was there last."

I think it has something to do with the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Seems more like a lack of skills of writers than anything about these characters
    Wow, trying to slam other people's writing abilities because they like a character you hate is really low LMAO

I mean, I know you said Scott/Emma fans should suffer the same offense you think you suffered because of your precious Jean, but this is just too amusing

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Wow, trying to slam other people's writing abilities because they like a character you hate is really low LMAO

I mean, I know you said Scott/Emma fans should suffer the same offense you think you suffered because of your precious Jean, but this is just too amusing
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Your attitude of "I don't like X character therefore any writer who does and enjoy writing her has no skill" is a mix between funny and sad.

you completely took what i said out of context. I said that if writers need a character to write some BS fun dialog is because they lack skills.

everyone want spotlight but no one likes to suffer right? the problem is when suffering never comes with a good thing to compensate
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-20-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    meme time
    Good one. Somebody made this Emma/Jean/Scott version of that meme a while ago:

emma-cyclops-jean.jpg

Jean is in her green skirt and oversized yellow mask because mutants are just extra? Ok I dig.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Jean is in her green skirt and oversized yellow mask because mutants are just extra? Ok I dig.
    According to Bendis that was Beasts favorite outfit Jean has ever worn. Hank McCoy is still a creep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Where's that Doflamingo spread where he says the victors will define what justice is? Serves us well right now.

you completely took what i said out of context. I said that if writers need a character to write some BS fun dialog is because they lack skills.

everyone want spotlight but no one likes to suffer right? the problem is when suffering never comes with a good thing to compensate
    I didn't take it out of context, I was following what you and the other user were debating and it honestly read that way.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Hickman stayed on avengers books for 3 years. But his run started on FF and bleed into avengers.

The funny thing is that when taylor was in Red, he was acussed of being a Jean fanboy and received lots of hate. Jean was never on his favorite characters.
    now that Hickman stan for Emma, everyone is happy about it
    I think a lot of this is people buying hype.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Seriously? He is going to be running things for a while. This kind of attitude makes this place depressing. The next thing is NEVER going to be what some one you want.
    1) I'm not a hardcore X-Men fan. I'm a Polaris fan that Marvel has failed to convert into an X-Men fan over the past 10 years that they could've done so. Keep that in mind when you see my posts vs the posts of others.
    2) If I'm being honest, right now I'm prepared for the likelihood that I'll never read another X-Men book. But the reality is, things can change in ways I can't entirely predict.

I can make a pretty good guess at what I can expect from Hickman - and more importantly, the people around and above him. There's no reason for me to read any of what's coming. None of this is going to meaningfully add to my fandom. None of this makes me want to run out to my nearest LCS to read it, four years after I stopped going. If anything, I expect to see Marvel fanboying over horrible past writing and trying to pretend it was somehow good. It's what comes after Hickman that I don't know and can't guess at, which is why I'm more interested in what happens when Hickman's gone. The potential of the future is better than the reality of the present.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I could end every Emma vs Jean forum war singlehandedly if any of these damn charts and chalkboards full of equations actually gave me a conclusive answer about which of the two is thiccer. Wait, Hickman's pretty smart! Maybe he'll figure it out in his run! Is the answer Po10's most important moment in X-Men history?!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That's the good stuff. God, Doflamingo was really a beast. The X-Men need their own version of him. Are you reading this, Jonathan?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Awww. The Age of Jeansus is over?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Awww. The Age of Jeansus is over?
    Damn, Hickman deadass cancelled the whole line to lead into Age of Emmacolypse, didn't he? But I thought the nostalgia era was over? Hickman! White! They played us like a goddamn fiddle!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    I will say that in re-reading everything, probably the most criminally underrated X-Men writer is Mike Carey. I mean, it’s obvious that Mike is brilliant, but there are a lot of things buried in his books that are tier-one ideas that writers following him must have just blown right past.

Mike Carey is the natural successor of classic Chris Claremont.

Very Good, Hickman.
    I can't tell you how excited I got when I read that. Carey's my favorite X-writer after Claremont, and it was awesome to see Hickman give him that bit of credit.

I'm really freaking excited about this run.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I'm hoping Hickman's fondness of Generation X will translate into him resurrecting Skin, Synch, and Chamber and also fixing zombie-like Banshee. What happened to half of the team is just sad.