Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Maybe you are right. I hope so.
    For Hickman, Reed Richards is cool. I think that's all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    For Hickman, Reed Richards is cool. I think that's all you need to know.
    He likes guys that he thinks are smart, also good two shoes. Yet, he doesn't like Jean the same way.
    We really need more diversity

reed was supposed to be the cool one of the team, at least in the 60's, jack kirby drawing him so sexy like and commanding

*swoon*

anyway, in that costume, cyclops is the cool one of any group, yes
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He likes guys that he thinks are smart, also good two shoes. Yet, he doesn't like Jean the same way.
    Almost half of the promotional images we've seen have Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am excited for HOX and POX but I don't care about Hickman's TOP5 except of Sinister. Will be sad if these characters will get main focus.
    I wouldn't expect Hickman to just push his own favorites, he has bigger ambitions for the run.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05...e-powers-of-x/

JH: Yeah. I mean, I threw out quite a few ideas I had for other books, but X-Men was the bigger, more timely, idea. It was certainly the one I was most excited about.

So, I thought about what I wanted to do, and more importantly, what I thought the line needed, and then I flew up to the Marvel offices and pitched all of senior editorial what I had in mind. We met for a while, fought a little bit, then I went back home and polished everything up, and then, about a year ago, I presented the entirety of it at a Marvel retreat. Which went well.

We have been working hard on it ever since then.

Now, if pushing his favorites is also what he thinks the X-Men needs, then I would probably not complain!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Almost half of the promotional images we've seen have Jean.
    That means that they are showing Jean. And it is probably the less spoilery images.
    Just that, it doesn't mean much

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

There's nothing in the interview that says he dislikes Jean Grey. It just that no one asked about her specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There's nothing in the interview that says he dislikes Jean Grey. It just that no one asked about her specifically.
    No one asked about Emma either

No one asked about Emma either
    Yes, but bringing up a character you like makes sense. A writer not mentioning a character doesn’t necessarily mean they hate them.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

there were many questions about Jean (mainly about her marvel girl costume and jott but there were)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I wouldn't expect Hickman to just push his own favorites, he has bigger ambitions for the run.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05...e-powers-of-x/

JH: Yeah. I mean, I threw out quite a few ideas I had for other books, but X-Men was the bigger, more timely, idea. It was certainly the one I was most excited about.

So, I thought about what I wanted to do, and more importantly, what I thought the line needed, and then I flew up to the Marvel offices and pitched all of senior editorial what I had in mind. We met for a while, fought a little bit, then I went back home and polished everything up, and then, about a year ago, I presented the entirety of it at a Marvel retreat. Which went well.

We have been working hard on it ever since then.

Now, if pushing his favorites is also what he thinks the X-Men needs, then I would probably not complain!
    Explains his lack of interest in Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yes, but bringing up a character you like makes sense. A writer not mentioning a character doesn’t necessarily mean they hate them.
    But it doesn't mean she is one of his favorites. he is only writing her because Jean is alive and probably because JDW needs him to do it. Seems more an dmore he writers her out of obligation, not because he likes her

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    there were many questions about Jean (mainly about her marvel girl costume and jott but there were)
    Chris Hassam didn't pick up any Jean question.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-20-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I've been liking what Hickman has been saying in interviews and I'm looking forward to his series, if nothing else it should be interesting. That said I do have some concerns and nitpicks.

I really like the idea of mutants having their own culture and therefore their own fashion trends, but I don't like the idea that that means wearing superhero costumes on their off time. Not all mutants should be superheroes.

From what we've seen so far there isn't much diversity in the characters being featured. Monet has been the only black character featured on a cover, Storm got a brief mention in this interview. The only confirmed queer character to be seen at all was Iceman way in the back of the symbolic promo image.

It seems likely that Hickman's story will deal with time shenanigans and prominently feature Xavier, and I'm really over both of those.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    what do you mean?
    Mean that he doesn't think X-line needs Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    yeah sure, what X-line needs is emma with her snarkness that writers think is a personality.