Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    the last book on his terrible phoenix trilogy was going to be about Emma taking vengeance on Phoenix. Someone saw it and probably said "dude just stop doing, your idea sucks"
    I head one poster, who doesn't seem to be here anymore, state when Pak handled the Jott / Scemma deal, he simplified the relationships down to being about sex rather than love. Again hearsay. But given Pak's track record, I could believe that. Simplifying things down to the level of a paramecium isn't beneath him. Sadly, my first experience with him was Weapon X, and that wasn't a good introduction.

BANNED

H eisn't even a good writer of -books. there is vita ayala an dmany others writers of color
    How is that book selling? Vita's?

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    How is that book selling?
    Not well. just like Paks books

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I head one poster, who doesn't seem to be here anymore, state when Pak handled the Jott / Scemma deal, he simplified the relationships down to being about sex rather than love. Again hearsay. But given Pak's track record, I could believe that. Simplifying things down to the level of a paramecium isn't beneath him. Sadly, my first experience with him was Weapon X, and that wasn't a good introduction.
    Well, never heard of that. Because on endsong Scott states that he loves Emma now, so Jean can GTFO
    Pak has a weird way of dealing with moral problems
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-21-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

My takeaways from this, Other X-teams later introduced may not be in the same structure as the Blue Gold team era. I'm hoping this leads to greater diversity in the X-books, perhaps a team led by characters that fall in the area of anti-hero range in the X-verse. Roberto and Sam being favs of Hickman gives hope that the New Mutants may have a role of being bigger players in the overall scheme.
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 05-21-2019 at 07:49 PM.

BANNED

Not well. just like Paks
    Pretty sure Hulkverines (so dumb) and his Phoenix books did ok. Guess its cause he wasnt writing a loser like Sabretooth.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because it wrote Emma in a positive light? Just stop. We get it. Any writer that writes Emma well is a talentless hack, and any writer than likes Jean is a God that must be worshiped.
    Or because Pak was doing exactly what Aaron is doing now? Just using the phoenix loosely like some space dst

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    My takeaways from this, Other X-teams later introduced may not be in the same structure as the Blue Gold team era. I'm hoping this leads to greater diversity in the X-books, perhaps a team led by characters that fall in the area of anti-hero range in the X-verse. Roberta and Sam being favs of Hickman gives hope that the New Mutants may have a role of being bigger players in the overall scheme.
    Greatest typo ever

Or because Pak was doing exactly what Aaron is doing now? Just using the phoenix loosely like some space dst
    The Phoenix has almost become like The Nine-Tailed Fox in Naruto. It's an entity that gets passed around. Naruto was the host. The later stories, seemingly retcons had his mother as the Host, along with other Uzumaki relatives. Then a filler arc had a filler character, Sora using it's power. Then two Kumoggakure ninja who had it's power/. lol

Was the Phoenix always its own entity? Or was that a much later retcon we're now stuck with? Like a lot of things. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    The Phoenix has almost become like The Nine-Tailed Fox in Naruto. It's an entity that gets passed around. Naruto was the host. The later stories, seemingly retcons had his mother as the Host, along with other Uzumaki relatives. Then a filler arc had a filler character, Sora using it's power. Then two Kumoggakure ninja who had it's power/. lol

Was the Phoenix always its own entity? Or was that a much later retcon we're now stuck with? Like a lot of things. lol
    First intention was make Phoenix part of Jean, but it ended up ebing its own thing with Jean being the perfect host

First intention was make Phoenix part of Jean, but it ended up ebing its own thing with Jean being the perfect host
    And now it's passed around like pretty boy in prison and given to both Emma & Scott. Then it had shards passed around which Quentin Quire had that he gave to Jubilee to repower her.

I think Rosenbverg also got a bit of flack for making the Phoenix sound like a jilted lover when Jean refused it in PR. But nothing will compare to the flack he may get if he really killed off Sunspot in WoR. lol

Again, still banking on some deaths getting undone at some point. Just a vibe I get given how these characters are dropping. lol

Greatest typo ever
    Pak's story turned Jean into one of the most powerful beings in all of existence: the White Phoenix of the Crown. And that still wasn't enough. It also showed Emma being incapable of wielding it, while Jean could do it with no problem. Again, not enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Pak's story turned Jean into one of the most powerful beings in all of existence: the White Phoenix of the Crown. And that still wasn't enough. It also showed Emma being incapable of wielding it, while Jean could do it with no problem. Again, not enough for you.
    White Phoenix of the crown is a big nope for me. That takes away what makes Jean work and also the fact that she never show up on any book.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-21-2019 at 07:49 PM.

BANNED

I really hope Pak gets another X-Man book, plus he sells more consistently than any other writer they have in the bullpen right now, he'd rock a Wolverine solo series

BANNED

looks like the X men line is going to drown when every writer high profile or otherwise taking over results in a litany of complaints by the same culprits again and again. we get it you don't like the direction the franchise has taken but whining about it or lolzing about it constantly isn't exactly going to endear you to others.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    looks like the X men line is going to drown when every writer high profile or otherwise taking over results in a litany of complaints by the same culprits again and again. we get it you don't like the direction the franchise has taken but whining about it or lolzing about it constantly isn't exactly going to endear you to others.
    OK, i got it is for me.
    bye

OK, i got it is for me.
    bye
    Eh. It's for a lot of us. But the forum is a nice place to vent frustrations and chat with others who agree. Now for those who are always happy without a bad thing to say, thye are free to do a couple of things.

1. Block all the negative Nancys & Neds. Then they never have to see their posts.
    2. Start their own forum where only good things are said, where they can ban those who start to complain. lol

On a positive note, most here seem excited about Hickman & many are anxiously waiting for his stuff to start since a lot of things now seem like filler. But while awaiting the new era, it causes some to go over the perceived flaws of the current one & hope a lot of things are improved on with continuity and storytelling. I am getting sucked into the hype given all the praise he's getting for his work on Avengers and how he improved upon characters like Sunspot & Cannonball since they left the X-books for a bit. So I am curious on where most characters currently stand & will stand after Hickman.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-21-2019 at 08:03 PM.