Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I liked the interview Mike Careyīs run is defintely not appreaciated enough, I love that he has a long term plan. The man made me read the FF when I never did that before so I trust he knows what heīs doing.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    TBF, so were most the books from Morrison to AvX, the same few assortment of characters used across books, with Cyke taking the lead...with Red it was always a Jean book. The first cover was literally just her, that said, you can find MULTIPLE instances throughout that short run of other characters thinking for themselves. But more importantly actually influencing the plot by having a moment all to themselves. Something that has been lost in a lot of books, hell Gold was running around the same time and Kitty consistently was the leader, strategist, mentor, instructor etc. to a team of senior longstanding X-men.

Posters really over-inflated Red as if Jean was the only character receiving attention which was not the case, it was her team and vision however unlike many of those featured in Red she was NOT pulling double duty in another title, and had only recently returned after like 14 years so in her case it at least made sense.
    It almost as the biggest problem people found on Red was that Jean had lot of focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I liked the interview Mike Careyīs run is defintely not appreaciated enough, I love that he has a long term plan. The man made me read the FF when I never did that before so I trust he knows what heīs doing.
    Agree 100%. I have never cared for the F4 but Hickman made me love the First Family. Also giving props to Carey and Supernovas gets him cool points with me.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Hype is so big that there is more room to fall. If he puts out medicority, especially in the earlier arcs, the ever-brutal fandom will surely turn on him.
    Hickman doesn't really do mediocre; his worst stuff are overly-ambitious and big stuff that doesn't work rather than appeals to the lowest common denominator.

I think he will write Jean and Emma well but if they have to interact on a regular basis it will be better if they donīt just talk about Scott, it can be a good moment to see their differences over mutants issues. JW said he wanted to see a more active Emma who wasnīt an X-man so her having interactions with Jean can be a good way to show it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid
    Agree 100%. I have never cared for the F4 but Hickman made me love the First Family. Also giving props to Carey and Supernovas gets him cool points with me.
    Supernovas was awesome if Hickman brings back the Children of the Vault and Mike Carey is one of the new writers for the new titles I will be his fan forever
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-20-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I not sure if he gonna use the Children of the Vault.
    I think he will use the concept of an isolated species evolving way from humanity.

The first teaser of his X-men is related to this:

“When two aggressive species share the same environment, evolution demands acceptance or dominance.”

He already did something similar to the Children in Ultimates.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    He already did something similar to the Children in Ultimates.
    The Vault was cooler

I miss the Conquistador

Children of the Vault was awesome and anything that invokes that is A+ in my book.

I didnīt read the Children in ultimates but when I saw “When two aggressive species share the same environment, evolution demands acceptance or dominance" I thought about Human/mutant relations but this can also easily be about the Children of the vault who had a similar concept.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-20-2019 at 07:51 PM.

As long as it's not the Neo I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I didnīt read the Children in ultimates but when I saw “When two aggressive species share the same environment, evolution demands acceptance or dominance" I thought about Human/mutant relations but this can also easily be about the Children of the vault who had a similar concept.
    Yeah, I just imagine him actually using the Children rather than creating something from scratch, like in Ultimates- which were a lot more dangerous than any X-men villain, really.

Hickman does like to take stablished characters and give them a new different perspective so I can see him doing that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It almost as the biggest problem people found on Red was that Jean had lot of focus.
    I'd say the boring plot, dumb helmets and Honey Badger are what made it bad. Jean didnt help much though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Seriously? He is going to be running things for a while. This kind of attitude makes this place depressing. The next thing is NEVER going to be what som of you want.
    I'm usually immune to the bickering over XYZ favorite character being left out or dissecting an extrapolating over ever useless minutiae a writer says in an interview but this instance is particularly grating.

Me personal I'm just glad that X-books seem to FINALLY have a sense of direction behind it after so many years of sub par writing FAVORITE CHARACTERS BE DAMNED!

Marvel has a high caliber writer in Hickman who's talented and passionate about working on the X-men. I've enjoyed all of Hickman's works that I've read Manhattan Projects, FF, East of West, Avengers, SHIELD, Ultimates (before it was tragically dropped). He has a flair for dramatics and grandiose storytelling that isn't beholden to the next big EVENT and on top of that he actually does Sci Fi well.

In conclusion, screw your favorite characters. They don't matter, the story matters.