Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

The most important thing to take away from this is "MUTANTS DONT WEAR HUMAN CLOTHES" . I think I've finally found a sick thigh tatt.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I'm hoping Hickman's fondness of Generation X will translate into him resurrecting Skin, Synch, and Chamber and also fixing zombie-like Banshee. What happened to half of the team is just sad.
    Honestly, everyone got off rough.

Chamber, Synch, and Skin are deceased.
    Paige has had almost zero to do in any book for the last five years.
    Monet dated Sabretooth
    Emma has had to deal with the world class character assassination attempts on her and Scott since Schism.
    Jubilee became a vampire because vampires were popular as mopey solar-powered disco lights.
    We don't even know what happened to Mondo.

The Supernovas/Prof. Carey stanning cleared my skin, watered my crops and gave me my rights!

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I'm hoping Hickman's fondness of Generation X will translate into him resurrecting Skin, Synch, and Chamber and also fixing zombie-like Banshee. What happened to half of the team is just sad.
    As soon as I read that part I got excited at the mere hope of Synch and Angelo being resurrected. Generation X was my favorite X-book and those two my favorite members. I know I will probably just have to settle for Monet to get some shine but this is the first sign of hope I have had in years for my boys to return.

I’m think we won’t see any of Eye Boy or Nature Girl or Ziggy Karst or Rico!

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I think a lot of this is people buying hype.
    People will buy any crap Hickman will do, just like they did with Morrison. And if you don't like you are a hate.

1) I'm not a hardcore X-Men fan. I'm a Polaris fan that Marvel has failed to convert into an X-Men fan over the past 10 years that they could've done so. Keep that in mind when you see my posts vs the posts of others.
    2) If I'm being honest, right now I'm prepared for the likelihood that I'll never read another X-Men book. But the reality is, things can change in ways I can't entirely predict.

I can make a pretty good guess at what I can expect from Hickman - and more importantly, the people around and above him. There's no reason for me to read any of what's coming. None of this is going to meaningfully add to my fandom. None of this makes me want to run out to my nearest LCS to read it, four years after I stopped going. If anything, I expect to see Marvel fanboying over horrible past writing and trying to pretend it was somehow good. It's what comes after Hickman that I don't know and can't guess at, which is why I'm more interested in what happens when Hickman's gone. The potential of the future is better than the reality of the present.
    Cebulski said that all those years were part of a master plan to Hickman. Pure BS

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    People will buy any crap Hickman will do, just like they did with Morrison. And if you don't like you are a hate.

Cebulski said that all those years were part of a master plan to Hickman. Pure BS
    Do you seriously hate Hickman this much simply because he's an Emma fan? Wow...

Hickman is backed by Logic. Everything'll be fine. Wait 'till the books are out!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Do you seriously hate Hickman this much simply because he's an Emma fan? Wow...
    Just telling the truth. I gonna read it, if I think it is awful I gonna say so. Hype is so big anyone will be praising this for one decade, being good or not.

Just telling the truth. I gonna read it, if I think it is awful I gonna say so. Hype is so big anyone will be praising this for one decade, being good or not.
    What would have made you happy?

Hickman: "Emma Frost is literally Satan Hitler and I'm going to have tortured and executed slowly over the course of an entire run. Meanwhile, Jean will peel off Scott's skin with a potato peeler while she fucks Bishop in front of him."

What would have made you happy?

Hickman: "Emma Frost is literally Satan Hitler and I'm going to have tortured and executed slowly over the course of an entire run. Meanwhile, Jean will peel off Scott's skin with a potato peeler while she fucks Bishop in front of him."
    A writer that likes Jean could be good, no letting writers that stan x character writer them.

I don't know why you exagerate

Every single thing of Hickman's that I have read I have loved, so no reason not to be hyped especially when it is a passion project for him.

A writer that likes Jean could be good, no letting writers that stan x character writer them.

I don't know why you exagerate
    So because he didn't explicitly mention Jean as one of his favorite characters, he's gonna treat her like trash? Okay then. Glad we cleared that up.

So because he didn't explicitly mention Jean as one of his favorite characters, he's gonna treat her like trash? Okay then. Glad we cleared that up.
    Emma stan writers doesn't have a good story with treating Jean well: Morrison, Whedon, Fraction, Pak.
    While I'm sure she won't be treated like trash, I bet she will be just a bland character moving from a to b

Emma stan writers doesn't have a good story with treating Jean well: Morrison, Whedon, Fraction, Pak.
    While I'm sure she won't be treated like trash, I bet she will be just a bland character moving from a to b
    And you wonder why people thought you were saying that writers who are fans of Emma don't have any talent. Because that's literally what you're saying.