Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Batman 81 preview

https://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-preview-batman-81/

Well, that seems to address some concerns people have had. And King seems to get Damian better than most. I love that kid when written well.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Empty is thy hand!

The explanation for punching Damian in the face made me laugh out loud. Thanks, I needed that.

Thomas Wayne is about to get battered by the Bat family and I can't wait.

Also everyone seems suprisingly chill about Alfred so im even more convinced he isnt dead.

Yeah.

I don't buy anything happening there. Like, at all.

Haha, I loved that. Communication through punching.

"If I punch Joker three times in the nose, it means go get me a latte."
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Okay good. I'm not the only calling BS on that. Clearly King saw everyone's reaction to Bruce punching Tim and thought of a last minute way to make it alright XD

On the upside, this is the most united the Batfamily's been in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    The explanation for punching Damian in the face made me laugh out loud. Thanks, I needed that.
    So incredibly stupid. But, hey, it lets you have "shocking moments" that you will much later find out have no emotional weight.

Okay good. I'm not the only calling BS on that. Clearly King saw everyone's reaction to Bruce punching Tim and thought of a last minute way to make it alright XD
    I'm not convinced this stupid idea wasn't actually planned out ahead of time. Because King said a while ago about Bruce hitting Tim
    And it really starts to get dealt with in #81. It’s a big part of City of Bane.
    It makes no logical sense at all, but I think it was planned this way. Words would have made a great deal more sense, but this worked better for conning the audience. This is the sort of thing I hate - when characters do things that don't make sense to throw off the audience. It's a cheat in mysteries and cheat used in many things to preserve a big reveal (or when the writer hasn't actually decided what the big reveal is yet, but wants to tease the audience). It's bad writing, IMO.

Though it is still possible it was a change in direction with issue # kept to make it look like not.

Edit: source
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-14-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

On the upside, this is the most united the Batfamily's been in a long time.
    Just shove in some unearned batfamily scenes to paper over the cracks.

This could have been so much better if King didn't try to explain away that scene and just simply have Bruce apologize when it's all over.

But nah. "This family communicates through violence!" Which is honestly just as fitting as it is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    So incredibly stupid. But, hey, it lets you have "shocking moments" that you will much later find out have no emotional weight.
    I'm tired of dc wanting to write Bruce as an absolute ******* but in the end not having the guts to go through with it and have him face real consequences. They just pull a reveal out of their ass or retcon stuff to make him look good. Write him as a terrible human being or as a good person, stop trying to do both at the same time.

Didn't Bruce punch Dick Grayson to get a skin sample or something under Snyder? Not seeing how this is different.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    This could have been so much better if King didn't try to explain away that scene and just simply have Bruce apologize when it's all over.

But nah. "This family communicates through violence!" Which is honestly just as fitting as it is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.
    But then Bruce would have to admit that he was wrong and try to be a better person. It's way easier to write that there wasn't any tension in the first place.

It also makes a lot of the stuff that was going on in this book for the last few months absolutely pointless, but we'll just ignore that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Didn't Bruce punch Dick Grayson to get a skin sample or something under Snyder? Not seeing how this is different.
    Who said that wasn't stupid? Haven't read it, but it sounds dreadful. Did Snyder also make us wait months for an explanation?

Oh. No. That's dumb too. But also much more plausible than "Bruce punched me so now I know he's not crazy!". Bet he kicks people in the balls to give them directions too.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-14-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Incredible Member

It was stupid then and it is stupid now.