Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spider-Gwen.
    Oh I did knew what he has done, I just never read it

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I don't really care who takes over since I'm not as interested in Batman as I used to be. I do however hope for the sake of everyone who will still be reading that its NOT Bendis. The issues of his Superman run that I've read were the most decompressed, Bendis-speaky, boring things I've read in a good long while and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. As much as Batman might be in his wheel house I don't particularly think he's a good fit and he certain isn't the powerhouse seller he once was so if sales were truly the reason for them taking King off the book then they are not likely to get them with Bendis at the helm. He might start out strong but once sales stabilize I don't expect them to be all that much different.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Christopher Priest or Tim Seeley

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Someone a bit old school...who can write a modern take on a Pre-DKR, Pre-COIE Batman.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But how many writers are still alive who could do that these days?
    I'm sure there are younger writers who could channel the old stuff if they were inclined. Not sure who off the top of my head, but someday I think it could be possible.

Bronze Age Bruce is the best Bruce. He actually had a personality and wasn't a one note grouch. I'd LOVE a writer to use that as their main inspiration and forgo everything Frank Miller related.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Bronze Age Bruce is the best Bruce. He actually had a personality and wasn't a one note grouch. I'd LOVE a writer to use that as their main inspiration and forgo everything Frank Miller related.
    I have not been very high on either Snyder's or King's runs on BATMAN because both, in their own ways, have been drinking from the Miller well in general tone. As much as I love the original DARK KNIGHT RETURNS and BATMAN: YEAR ONE, that general tone got boring to me more than twenty years ago. I'm also ready for a more Bronze Age-like Batman.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I'd love for some writer to do that. THAT would be a Batman book I would buy the heck out of probably because I started reading Batman during the Bronze Age. His character was far more appealing to me back then.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    . . . Maybe Robinson or Jurgens would get the book.
    Didn't Robinson do enough damage recently with his Batman and Two-Face Detective Comics filler arc?

Christopher Priest or Tim Seeley.
    While I'm not sure if Priest would wind up a good fit to move on from what King did, I don't think Seeley would work. His Nightwing under Rebirth seemed very uninspiring overall.

Didn't Robinson do enough damage recently with his Batman and Two-Face Detective Comics filler arc?
    yeah
    Face the Face
    what a pile of garbage that was!

also the arc was between both Batman and Detective Comics

While I'm not sure if Priest would wind up a good fit to move on from what King did, I don't think Seeley would work. His Nightwing under Rebirth seemed very uninspiring overall.
    Seeley's writing on Nightwing was mostly uninspired because he just wasn't interested in writing about Nightwing in Bludhaven and all the nostalgia crap that went with that. It really had nothing to do with his talent but rather his interest level in the concepts that editorial saddled him with. I'd like to see what he would do with Batman if I'm honest but I doubt very much that he wants to be saddled with all the nonsense Batman writers have to put up with after Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Seeley's writing on Nightwing was mostly uninspired because he just wasn't interested in writing about Nightwing in Bludhaven and all the nostalgia crap that went with that...
    Even before the move to Blüdhaven, Seeley's "Better than Batman" arc to start things off wasn't any better.

Even before the move to Blüdhaven, Seeley's "Better than Batman" arc to start things off wasn't any better.
    Seeley’s stuff with Raptor was legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Legitimately mediocre, and to me a let-down after Dick's run by Seeley & King in Grayson.

His Raptor work holds up with Grayson. One of the things they said they wanted to do Grayson, but never got around to, was create Dick that arch villain. Raptor was the best made for Dick villain Dick has seen in decades, maybe ever. And the way he left it was surprisingly ballsy. I really liked that.

Astonishing Member

He is definitely up there with Tomasi's run of the character. Too bad he couldn't stay longer. But third longest Nightwing run is still good (2nd if we count his issues of Grayson).
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-25-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I have not been very high on either Snyder's or King's runs on BATMAN because both, in their own ways, have been drinking from the Miller well in general tone. As much as I love the original DARK KNIGHT RETURNS and BATMAN: YEAR ONE, that general tone got boring to me more than twenty years ago. I'm also ready for a more Bronze Age-like Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'd love for some writer to do that. THAT would be a Batman book I would buy the heck out of probably because I started reading Batman during the Bronze Age. His character was far more appealing to me back then.
    Preach. Bat-God would even be bearable if he had a Bronze age flavor. Morrison did that really well. I find Bat-God ridiculously obnoxious when it's combined with Bruce being a paranoid stone faced bitch, but when he's having a lot of fun doing his masked mystery man adventure stuff? It can be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Seeley was pretty up front with not caring for the Bludhaven stuff and being forced to use it, which is why those arcs aren't as good as the ones where he can channel the Morrison/Grayson stuff. Though honestly? Still about average for a Nightwing run. And I'd say Better than Batman and Nightwing Must Die are better than the average Nightwing run subject matter. Dixon is held up as the best, and I found the first four trades of that pretty mediocre and I thought the first chapter of Year One was trash and didn't read the rest of it.

If Seeley were on Batman, there'd be nothing like Bludhaven to drag him down. Batman has all the cool stuff that Nightwing doesn't regularly get access to.