Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 330
  1. #211
    Incredible Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    918

    Default

    I've been loving Joshua Williamson on Flash. I'd love to see him on Batman when he is done with the Flash.

  2. #212
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Which examples would you recommend? Now that I think about it, I only know his Batfam work.
    I really like Tynion's indie work. Check out his "Cognetic", "Memetic" and "Eugenic" trilogy of books. "Memetic" in particular was a fascinating look at social media culture and information transmission today.

  3. #213
    Amazing Member BESTXMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Some great indie guy.

  4. #214
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Which examples would you recommend? Now that I think about it, I only know his Batfam work.
    I like his backup story of The Court of Owls where Alfred's father was terrorized by The Court. Then there's the backup story for Endgame where a proud journalist who underestimated The Joker tried to interview him ended up getting terrorized.

  5. #215

    Default

    When Grant Morrison was writing Batman, Dick Grayson took over Batman. During Snyderís run, Jim Gordon took over Batman. Now during Tom Kingís run, Thomas Wayne took over Batman. During the next writerís run, I think Alfred should take over Batman.


    .......Wait, thatís not what this thread is about, is it?
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000

  6. #216
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,943

    Default

    Priest I also wanted taylor but he's saying it's not going to be him. I've been enjoying Batman universe so not so opposed to Bendis

  7. #217
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I met Tomasi at a con last month and told him I'd love to see him take over when King leaves. He said no way would he want to follow King, too much controversy. He said he would have no problem following someone else after King, but he would not want to be the immediate replacement.

  8. #218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
    I met Tomasi at a con last month and told him I'd love to see him take over when King leaves. He said no way would he want to follow King, too much controversy. He said he would have no problem following someone else after King, but he would not want to be the immediate replacement.
    Tomasi's a really nice guy. Met him at a con a couple years ago. Nothing but good words about him.

    That said, he's already doing Detective Comics. Personally I'd prefer different writers on Batman and Detective. It allows for different takes instead of the books reading the same.
    Last Read: Berserk vol. 40
    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman, Daredevil, Dead Man Logan, Detective Comics, Doomsday Clock, Event Leviathan, The Flash, Flash Forward, Kick-Ass, Legion of Superheroes: Millennium, Lois Lane, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Shazam!, Supergirl, Superman, Young Justice

  9. #219
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
    I met Tomasi at a con last month and told him I'd love to see him take over when King leaves. He said no way would he want to follow King, too much controversy. He said he would have no problem following someone else after King, but he would not want to be the immediate replacement.
    Tomasi, I feel you. I also wouldn't want to be the person who has to clean up King's mess.

  10. #220
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,094

    Default

    I imagine it will be Bendis. People can knock him for declining sales on Superman but they are pretty much flat, and he would be a better fit for Batman anyway, so now they can bring in someone else on Superman. Not that I am a fan at all, I just think this is the logical step. I would not be surprised if Event Leviathan is already meant to transition him into the Batman side of DC, and he might end up writing a Batwoman book to go along with Batman.

  11. #221
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I imagine it will be Bendis. People can knock him for declining sales on Superman but they are pretty much flat, and he would be a better fit for Batman anyway, so now they can bring in someone else on Superman. Not that I am a fan at all, I just think this is the logical step. I would not be surprised if Event Leviathan is already meant to transition him into the Batman side of DC, and he might end up writing a Batwoman book to go along with Batman.
    I expect Bendis will get the book after issue 100, but he’s not going to be the guy taking over after issue 85. Tynion, Hill, or maybe (lol) Lobdell will do it. It will be someone who will do what editorial wants.

  12. #222
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I expect Bendis will get the book after issue 100, but he’s not going to be the guy taking over after issue 85. Tynion, Hill, or maybe (lol) Lobdell will do it. It will be someone who will do what editorial wants.
    Oh, yeah, I suppose technically Bendis won't be next

  13. #223
    Incredible Member OpaqueGiraffe17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Tomasi, I feel you. I also wouldn't want to be the person who has to clean up King's mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
    I met Tomasi at a con last month and told him I'd love to see him take over when King leaves. He said no way would he want to follow King, too much controversy. He said he would have no problem following someone else after King, but he would not want to be the immediate replacement.

    That's interesting. It's possible he just doesn't want to work within the status quo King is leaving the title with at the end of #85 like Ansa said. Or could he have been implying that King was in fact kicked off the title and the story that he left because of the New Gods movie script is bs. And Tomasi understandably doesn't want to take the job and risk bruising the wrong egos in the game of office politics.

  14. #224
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,536

    Default

    Speaking of king getting taken off batman Grace makes some good points and one very obvious point about why it had nothing to do with the New Gods




    from about 8.00

  15. #225
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    106

    Default

    According to Bleeding Cool, we should be finding out tomorrow who the new writer is.

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...on-batman-day/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •