Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    dom510

I would like to see Snyder leave JL and come to Batman. and if Bendis has to go somewhere, let him take JL. Just keep him away from Batman. I hate bendis so much, terrible writer.

I'd honestly rather see Bendis with Batman than with Superman. But he's got his hooks deep into all of the Supes related books right now and won't be letting go anytime soon (unfortunately). So he's out.

I honestly don't know who I'd actually want to see replace King. I wanna say Tomasi, just out of instinct. But I'm content with him just having Tec. Priest maybe? Or Simone? What's Morrison up to nowadays?

Bendis will write Batman, it's just a matter of when. Snyder coming back would be awesome, he has has flaws, but his Batman is at least fun. I'd really love for Gail Simone to get a shot at it.

Batman #85 will be Batman #850, so I'd like to see them take it to Batman #134, then go back to the original numbering at #900, maybe bring Bendis on then.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Syrens

If it was upto me I'd have Snyder back in no time, sure his plots are twisted and absolutely insane but at least it's not predictable!

Bendis writes Batman kind of... I dunno, dorky? I would not like him as a steady Batman writer. I'd prefer someone who can pull off the serious melodrama of Batman (without cheese of course).
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Bendis writes Batman kind of... I dunno, dorky? I would not like him as a steady Batman writer. I'd prefer someone who can pull off the serious melodrama of Batman (without cheese of course).
    He did great on Daredevil. I don't why he wouldn't be great with Batmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrens View Post
    If it was upto me I'd have Snyder back in no time, sure his plots are twisted and absolutely insane but at least it's not predictable!
    Lol. Snyder is an awfull storyteller. Please never him again.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Batman is my favorite DC character (and overall my favorite character PERIOD). Daredevil happens to be my favorite Marvel hero and I loved Bendis' work on that title. I'd like to see what he could do with a regular bat series for a while. There's a few things about his Superman books that I don't like, but I'm willing to continue his run and see where it ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Batman is my favorite DC character (and overall my favorite character PERIOD). Daredevil happens to be my favorite Marvel hero and I loved Bendis' work on that title. I'd like to see what he could do with a regular bat series for a while. There's a few things about his Superman books that I don't like, but I'm willing to continue his run and see where it ends up.
    I don't know if Batman is my Favorit, but I enjoy him much.
    And Daredevil is also the Marvel character I appreciate the most. And am currently reading Bendis's run after having read all of Millers work. I got to say, Bendis' run start very well. The only disapointment is the art.
    He'd probably be great on Batman.
    I had suggested Charles Soule who has written Swamp Thing and Daredevil has well.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    He's already on Batman - specifically the Walmart Giant series. Look up Batman Universe, the comic that's reprinting it for comic book stores.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's already on Batman - specifically the Walmart Giant series. Look up Batman Universe, the comic that's reprinting it for comic book stores.
    Yeah, I really enjoyed the first issue (due substantially to Nick Derington's art). Looking forward to the second this Wednesday.

I'd vote for Priest or Tom Taylor next.

Or someone out of left field who would do something very unusual - which would probably tick off a lot of fans, but what else is new? Maybe Gerard Way.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Please take away Snyder, he said everything he had on Batman and I'm tired of him in general.

Priest is the one.

Censorship Sucks

Kelley Jones should be on art.
    No Bendis as writer. Why take him from one declining book and put him on another declining book? Give someone good a chance.

I'd go for:

Gail Simone/Nicola Scott
    Tom Taylor/Xermanico
    Mark Russell/Dale Eaglesham
    Kelly Sue DeConnick/Joëlle Jones
    James Tynion/Babs Tarr

Or a mix-and-match of any of the above.

I want high action/adventure and a ridiculous amount of soap opera and the development of surprising relationships and friendships and enmities (by force or by chance) between Gotham's leading heroes, villains, and citizenry. A bit more developement of characters' alter egos when they're not leaping off a building or writing riddles or planning death traps or attending charity balls, etc. Show me the wild side of Gotham that's not depressed and broken and somehow chooses to live in a city with occasional mud monsters running amuck, deadly plant ladies choosing peonies over people, sociopathic former sidekicks, psycopathic clowns, and the constant anxiety of their elevated commuter train getting blown up at 6:12pm by a missile-launching robot penguin. Show me Gotham's weirdness.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 08-12-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'd go for:

Gail Simone/Nicola Scott
    Tom Taylor/Xermanico
    Mark Russell/Dale Eaglesham
    Kelly Sue DeConnick/Joëlle Jones
    James Tynion/Baba Tarr

Or a mix-and-match of any of the above.

I want high action/adventure and a ridiculous amount of soap opera and the development of surprising relationships and friendships and enmities (by force or by chance) between Gotham's leading heroes, villains, and citizenry. A bit more developement of characters' alter egos when they're not leaping off a building or writing riddles or planning death traps or attending charity balls, etc. Show me the wild side of Gotham that's not depressed and broken and somehow chooses to live in a city with occasional mud monsters running amuck, deadly plant ladies choosing peonies over people, sociopathic former sidekicks, psycopathic clowns, and the constant anxiety of their elevated commuter train getting blown up at 6:12pm by a missile-launching robot penguin. Show me Gotham's weirdness.
    Oooh... Babs Tarr doesn't fit Batman. Her art's too cutesy.

I'm gonna need to read a book from Tom Taylor when he's not free to kill characters because that limitation is gonna change how someone would approach the character and their world