Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

You know what has not been consider at all

Peter Tomasi

just like Bendis is handling both AC and Superman he could handle both Batman and Tec

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    His Raptor work holds up with Grayson. One of the things they said they wanted to do Grayson, but never got around to, was create Dick that arch villain. Raptor was the best made for Dick villain Dick has seen in decades, maybe ever. And the way he left it was surprisingly ballsy. I really liked that.
    I agree with this
    though I wouldnt put that run on par with Grayson I definitely think that it was the best Nightwing villain in a long long time

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Seeley was pretty up front with not caring for the Bludhaven stuff and being forced to use it, which is why those arcs aren't as good as the ones where he can channel the Morrison/Grayson stuff. Though honestly? Still about average for a Nightwing run. And I'd say Better than Batman and Nightwing Must Die are better than the average Nightwing run subject matter. Dixon is held up as the best, and I found the first four trades of that pretty mediocre and I thought the first chapter of Year One was trash and didn't read the rest of it.

If Seeley were on Batman, there'd be nothing like Bludhaven to drag him down. Batman has all the cool stuff that Nightwing doesn't regularly get access to.
    I also think this as well but not really

Question:
    would the next Batman writer just do Batman on his own terms or would it have to follow King's status Quo
    like, it doesnt necesarily need to be aout Batman and Catwoman too but at bare minimun it has to acknowledge it, the question is how much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    . . . I agree with this
    though I wouldnt put that run on par with Grayson I definitely think that it [Raptor] was the best Nightwing villain in a long long time.
    But, is that really saying much?

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

For the 15 issue gap bring back Kelley Puckett and have him write a concise, Bruce Wayne - Cassandra Cain Batgirl character piece.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, is that really saying much?
    ouch
    that one hurt
    because you are right

still I think Raptor was cool

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Didn't Robinson do enough damage recently with his Batman and Two-Face Detective Comics filler arc?
    Didn’t say I wanted him on the book, but if you need a writer on short notice to write editorially mandates storylines he’s pretty much perfect for the job.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    For the 15 issue gap bring back Kelley Puckett and have him write a concise, Bruce Wayne - Cassandra Cain Batgirl character piece.
    Here here

Greg Rucka is writing for DC again - I wouldn't mind seeing him come back. Plenty of new-ish characters it'd be fun to get his take on (Damian, post-Spyral Huntress, Lark, Signal, etc.). Or just Batman and Batwoman teaming up.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Peter Tomasi

just like Bendis is handling both AC and Superman he could handle both Batman and Tec

I agree with this
    though I wouldnt put that run on par with Grayson I definitely think that it was the best Nightwing villain in a long long time

Question:
    would the next Batman writer just do Batman on his own terms or would it have to follow King's status Quo
    like, it doesnt necesarily need to be aout Batman and Catwoman too but at bare minimun it has to acknowledge it, the question is how much.
    They'll have to acknowledge it first before changing it, such as King having to follow up on Duke being invited to the Manor and making a quick remark how Lucius bought back Wayne Enterprises after what happened in Eternal and Superheavy. King ended up not using Duke that much, but he's there.

Peter Tomasi

I agree with this

Question:
    Bendis got the Superbooks as part of the deal for hopping over. DC gave him more power than normal simply because they wanted him that badly. Tomasi would never get that treatment, fair or unfair. He’s not viewed as an A-Lister by DC the way King, Snyder, Johns, and Morrison are. And besides, Tomasi already gets pretty much free reign to do whatever he wants over on Tec. I doubt writing both books would appeal to him.

I think a Tynion Batman Family-style run akin to the one he did on Detective would be a good followup to King's run.

"Death of the Family" was meant to tear the Bat-family apart but King's gone much further with that idea and I wouldn't mind seeing Tynion put them back together.

I think he's really distinguished himself in recent years and would be a good writer for the in-between issues and beyond that as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Here here

Greg Rucka is writing for DC again - I wouldn't mind seeing him come back. Plenty of new-ish characters it'd be fun to get his take on (Damian, post-Spyral Huntress, Lark, Signal, etc.). Or just Batman and Batwoman teaming up.
    I think Rucka should finish his run of Batwoman (the one that got derailed because of Earth One Wonder Woman).

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I think Rucka should finish his run of Batwoman (the one that got derailed because of Earth One Wonder Woman).
    With you on this 100%.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

As much as I like Bendis, I feel like DC will choose someone who is a proven best seller, they won't take any risks on this book. especially if one of the reasons they are kicking King off is low sales.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    As much as I like Bendis, I feel like DC will choose someone who is a proven best seller, they won't take any risks on this book. especially if one of the reasons they are kicking King off is low sales.
    That would be my guess as well. Seems to me that in order for their "low sales" reason for kicking King off to hold any water they are going to have to find someone who is not only a proven seller but that individual is going to have to sell at 100k plus consistency as well. Personally I'm not sure such a person exists that could follow in Snyder's footsteps with regard to sales at that level consistently and I really think it's a bit foolish of DC to try but I'm just a customer. Personally I believe the higher ups at DC got spoiled by Snyder's sales numbers so now they see anything less than 100k for a Batman book as being bad. That's just my opinion.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bendis got the Superbooks as part of the deal for hopping over. DC gave him more power than normal simply because they wanted him that badly. Tomasi would never get that treatment, fair or unfair. He’s not viewed as an A-Lister by DC the way King, Snyder, Johns, and Morrison are. And besides, Tomasi already gets pretty much free reign to do whatever he wants over on Tec. I doubt writing both books would appeal to him.
    Not only that, he isn't exclusive, is he? I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to reunite with Gleason, and do some work for Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what will happen, right?:

- King's final issue on main Batman book will be #85
    - we'll get (a) writer(s) filling the gap for issues 86-100
    - New creative team will be announced in 2020, they'll start with #101 (or just re-launch the series).