Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

I've been loving Joshua Williamson on Flash. I'd love to see him on Batman when he is done with the Flash.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Which examples would you recommend? Now that I think about it, I only know his Batfam work.
    I really like Tynion's indie work. Check out his "Cognetic", "Memetic" and "Eugenic" trilogy of books. "Memetic" in particular was a fascinating look at social media culture and information transmission today.

Some great indie guy.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Which examples would you recommend? Now that I think about it, I only know his Batfam work.
    I like his backup story of The Court of Owls where Alfred's father was terrorized by The Court. Then there's the backup story for Endgame where a proud journalist who underestimated The Joker tried to interview him ended up getting terrorized.

When Grant Morrison was writing Batman, Dick Grayson took over Batman. During Snyder’s run, Jim Gordon took over Batman. Now during Tom King’s run, Thomas Wayne took over Batman. During the next writer’s run, I think Alfred should take over Batman.

.......Wait, that’s not what this thread is about, is it?
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000

Priest I also wanted taylor but he's saying it's not going to be him. I've been enjoying Batman universe so not so opposed to Bendis

All-New Member

I met Tomasi at a con last month and told him I'd love to see him take over when King leaves. He said no way would he want to follow King, too much controversy. He said he would have no problem following someone else after King, but he would not want to be the immediate replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
    I met Tomasi at a con last month and told him I'd love to see him take over when King leaves. He said no way would he want to follow King, too much controversy. He said he would have no problem following someone else after King, but he would not want to be the immediate replacement.
    Tomasi's a really nice guy. Met him at a con a couple years ago. Nothing but good words about him.

That said, he's already doing Detective Comics. Personally I'd prefer different writers on Batman and Detective. It allows for different takes instead of the books reading the same.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Incredible Member

Tomasi, I feel you. I also wouldn't want to be the person who has to clean up King's mess.

Extraordinary Member

I imagine it will be Bendis. People can knock him for declining sales on Superman but they are pretty much flat, and he would be a better fit for Batman anyway, so now they can bring in someone else on Superman. Not that I am a fan at all, I just think this is the logical step. I would not be surprised if Event Leviathan is already meant to transition him into the Batman side of DC, and he might end up writing a Batwoman book to go along with Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I imagine it will be Bendis. People can knock him for declining sales on Superman but they are pretty much flat, and he would be a better fit for Batman anyway, so now they can bring in someone else on Superman. Not that I am a fan at all, I just think this is the logical step. I would not be surprised if Event Leviathan is already meant to transition him into the Batman side of DC, and he might end up writing a Batwoman book to go along with Batman.
    I expect Bendis will get the book after issue 100, but he’s not going to be the guy taking over after issue 85. Tynion, Hill, or maybe (lol) Lobdell will do it. It will be someone who will do what editorial wants.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I expect Bendis will get the book after issue 100, but he’s not going to be the guy taking over after issue 85. Tynion, Hill, or maybe (lol) Lobdell will do it. It will be someone who will do what editorial wants.
    Oh, yeah, I suppose technically Bendis won't be next

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Tomasi, I feel you. I also wouldn't want to be the person who has to clean up King's mess.

That's interesting. It's possible he just doesn't want to work within the status quo King is leaving the title with at the end of #85 like Ansa said. Or could he have been implying that King was in fact kicked off the title and the story that he left because of the New Gods movie script is bs. And Tomasi understandably doesn't want to take the job and risk bruising the wrong egos in the game of office politics.

Speaking of king getting taken off batman Grace makes some good points and one very obvious point about why it had nothing to do with the New Gods

from about 8.00

According to Bleeding Cool, we should be finding out tomorrow who the new writer is.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...on-batman-day/