Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    According to Bleeding Cool, we should be finding out tomorrow who the new writer is.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...on-batman-day/
    So many people on that list whose writing I dislike...

It'll be interesting to know how long their tenure is on the book. Is it just a stand-in writer until #100 and then another writer comes in or will they be writing even after that? Then there's the supposed "Black Batman" arc that'll start in the summer and end around December, and that could be done by another writer, too. Possibilities for huge turnovers for the Batman books this upcoming months and year.

Mighty Member

I'm happy with Tom Taylor - I think he'll do a good job, and I kind of hope they'll just put him on for as long as he wants. A 14-issue run isn't really enough space to get something really rolling. However, if they're just giving it to someone for a little run, I'd toss it to Steve Orlando.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I'm happy with Tom Taylor - I think he'll do a good job, and I kind of hope they'll just put him on for as long as he wants. A 14-issue run isn't really enough space to get something really rolling. However, if they're just giving it to someone for a little run, I'd toss it to Steve Orlando.
    Taylor has said twice now that he's not doing it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Taylor has said twice now that he's not doing it.
    Okay, Orlando is my pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I get the joke now.

At least the Batfamily might actually matter and be used for more than filling up page space in splash pages and as fodder for Bruce's manpain.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 09-20-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Mighty Member

The math in the BC article seems off. Batman is going to once monthly, so Tynion will be writing until early 2021 - issue 100 would be in March, new number one in April. That doesn't work out with the Luke Fox stuff at unless the "black Batman" thing is actually happening in 2021.

As to Tynion, eh. His 'Tec run was fine. Maybe we'll see Clayface again.

Yeah, but he probably can't use Drake or Orphan this time though, as they're in other books.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    The math in the BC article seems off. Batman is going to once monthly, so Tynion will be writing until early 2021 - issue 100 would be in March, new number one in April. That doesn't work out with the Luke Fox stuff at unless the "black Batman" thing is actually happening in 2021.

As to Tynion, eh. His 'Tec run was fine. Maybe we'll see Clayface again.
    What if Tynion is the one who's handling the Luke Fox stuff?

Tynion just tweeted this out so...

Tynion's first Batman/TMNT mini was great and I liked most of his Detective Comics run. So I am ok with Tynion.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Tynion just tweeted this out so...
    I hope it's not him. I don't need another nerfed batman. Unless he's not writing Bruce.

This list isn't accurate at all most of the top choices have already ruled themselves out. Tomasi plan said that he wouldn't do it cos he didn't like controversy.

The Stanley liu poll on twitter [who purchased simply for the variant ] and the break down of variant vs regular cover sales over recent months show that Jones Catwoman wasn't well received the Variants were.

Some of the names far down on the list are better calibre writers.

Looks like It's still just Tec for me when it comes to Batman.
    Last edited by Fergus; 09-20-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I get the joke now.

At least the Batfamily might actually matter and be used for more than filling up page space in splash pages and as fodder for Bruce's manpain.
    Well certain batfamily members yeah I don't see dick, Damian or Damian turning up but if he uses Duke that somewhat makes up for the lack of those 3

How uninspired.

This dude has 104 issues worth of Eternals, 50 issue of Detective Comics, and THREE TMNT/Batman series in addition to the numerous issues he's co-written with Snyder. You'd think that'd had given him his chance to leave his mark on the character. But he hasn't. He has nothing to say.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 09-20-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Wait, so after Batman 100, Luke Fox is taking up the mantle of Batman? Is that right?

So then, we can probably presume that after this filler run that's going to run alongside Tom King's Bat/Cat series, Bruce retires or something. Is that the big change King was promising? Maybe he retires after marrying Selina?