Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Well, I might not drop Batman after King leaves now!!!!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I hope he continues his idea of having the bat family so connected like his detective run , even if the execution wasn’t always great.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't always agree with Tynion's writing but he appreciates the fam unlike some people so while not my first choice it could've been much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I like Tynion enough, but wouldn't have expected him to take over the main book even though it sounds like he's just a fill-in.

I wonder if he'll use this run to address some of his leftover plot threads from his 'Tec run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Tynion enough, but wouldn't have expected him to take over the main book even though it sounds like he's just a fill-in.

I wonder if he'll use this run to address some of his leftover plot threads from his 'Tec run.
    Honestly, that would be great. If Batman can be in five books at the same time, Tim, Duke and others should also be useable by other writers, as long as some basic elements are agreed upon.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Wait, so after Batman 100, Luke Fox is taking up the mantle of Batman? Is that right?

So then, we can probably presume that after this filler run that's going to run alongside Tom King's Bat/Cat series, Bruce retires or something. Is that the big change King was promising? Maybe he retires after marrying Selina?
    This is never going to happen or at least stick.

Not the biggest Tynion fan, but it looks like they just want someone to fill in until issue #100. I'm kind of indifferent about it as I wasn't really following the main Batman book anymore anyway.

It is weird. So after #100 Bendis is dictating the black Batman thing with Luke Fox possibly, but he isn't going to write it? So someone else is going to write that story for him? It all sounds like a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly, that would be great. If Batman can be in five books at the same time, Tim, Duke and others should also be useable by other writers, as long as some basic elements are agreed upon.
    Bat-books don't really play ball as much these days when it comes shared characters, at least it doesn't feel like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It is weird. So after #100 Bendis is dictating the black Batman thing with Luke Fox possibly, but he isn't going to write it? So someone else is going to write that story for him? It all sounds like a mess.
    It sounds like he came up with the idea but doesn't want to actually write it.

Tynion doesn't really pop as far as an announcement goes, but at the same time he can get the job done. Post-#100 though is the far more concerning situation. If the rumors are true, that's a trainwreck in the making regardless of who's writing it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, I might not drop Batman after King leaves now!!!!
    There’s still Bat/Cat 12-issue series for you, as an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Tynion doesn't really pop as far as an announcement goes, but at the same time he can get the job done. Post-#100 though is the far more concerning situation. If the rumors are true, that's a trainwreck in the making regardless of who's writing it.

Pretty much this.
    I'm not a fan of his Batman work, but as a fill-in till #100 sure.
    Now if you’d say for the long haul? Heck no, his ‘Tec run proved he’s not capable of writing Batman.

I dropped Batman after #22. Looks like I won’t be picking it up again with #86. Not a fan of what Tynion did with Batwoman in his Tec run. I hope he leaves her out of his Batman run.

Please no:
    Tynion, Bendis, KSD, Gail.

I’d even settle down for Snyder (hard doubt he'd come back), but please not those above mentioned for the long haul dammit.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Guess I'll not be reading Batman for a while then. Can't stand Tynion's work at all so I really hope he's just a fill in writer until Batman #100.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    How uninspired.

This dude has 104 issues worth of Eternals, 50 issue of Detective Comics, and THREE TMNT/Batman series in addition to the numerous issues he's co-written with Snyder. You'd think that'd had given him his chance to leave his mark on the character. But he hasn't. He has nothing to say.
    You said it. Very uninspired is my opinion as well.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 09-20-2019 at 03:53 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

If this is to be believed it really makes DC look stupid in my opinion. Allegedly "firing" King off of Batman for sales and hiring Tynion to try to come in and get it "back on track" is like firing tom cruise from a movie and thinking that replacing him with Shia Lebeouf will lead to an increase in tickets sold. Say what you will about King the guy is an eisner winner with at least 3 series that people have raved about ( Vision, Mr Miracle, Sheriff of babylon), his batman has been at or dang close to the top of the charts for 75+ issues. Tynion on the other hand, got let go early from Detective Comics, had a cancelled constantine book, a cancelled talon book and a horrible run on RHATO. He has proven time and time again that he can't write Batman well as evidenced by the fact that he has written almost 100+ appearances of Bruce and the only memorable one seems to be a cross over with the TMNT which would have been memorable with anyone writing it. His Tec' run showed he basically liked every character in the Batfamily more than bruce. While sure that isn't as huge of a problem if you are writing 'tec as a team book but taking over Bruce's solo book should sort of require someone who actually kinda likes or can write Batman. If tynion was getting a robins book, that would be cool but hiring the guy who will appeal to the batfans who don't like bruce doesn't seem to be a smart move. Bruce is the whole reason the batfamily exists and sells so well, hiring a writer who has proven he really has nothing to say about the character and kinda openly doesn't respect him all that much seems kinda dumb.

Overall it is funny how didio went on his rant about people preferring the old stuff in the facsimile editions and then he immediately seems to have green lit two things that essentially explain exactly why some fans feel that way by making an uninspiring writer choice for DC's most popular book and setting up yet another "replacement" batman story.
    Last edited by regg215; 09-20-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard