Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I feel like you can see certain things in the Injustice comics for how Tom Taylor sees Batman. He loves the Bruce/Alfred relationship (he wrote the last Batman annual from Alfred's point of view). Alfred had SO much to do in those comics. He loves the Bruce/Dick relationship. He writes Bruce and Selina really well (he prefers them as a team, making them together through the entire 5 years of those comics), and they're actually funny together at times. No angst. I feel like that makes him a logical person to pick up from the King run in that respect (assuming he marries Bruce and Selina in the end, which I feel like he's going to). I don't think he likes Damian much.

I just think he's really good with the characters, and I wish he could be the one to do it. I'd like to see how he does a Batman run.
    Last edited by lilyrose; 05-20-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Tom Taylor on batman he'll kill off Dick and Tim

I also going to voice my support for Charles Soule
    He is who I thought was going to replace Snyder before King was announced.

does anyone know if he is still exclusively contracted with Marvel now or if his contract expires next year?
    Last edited by Arnoldoaad; 05-20-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Priest. His take on Batman is solid and exciting.
    I don't really like his nonlinear writing style. And especially now after King I would really prefer someone who tells more conventional Batman stories.

And his Batman vs. Deathstroke story line was also kind of nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't really like his nonlinear writing style. And especially now after King I would really prefer someone who tells more conventional Batman stories.

And his Batman vs. Deathstroke story line was also kind of nonsensical.
    Batman vs Deathstroke was mandated by editorial. Originally planned to be published when the now cancelled Batman/Deathstroke movie released.

I think Priest would tell detective focused stories with a street-level Batman and he would have a competent Batman unlike King.

Fantastic Member

Yes I can not wait for the return of the real batman any writer is better than what we have currently not because of the stories themselves but for the mischaracterization of batman that I do not like. Yes he can be vulnerable and beaten down but where is the will to come back up and at least win some times

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Tomasi's the only one I'm familiar with who I like the way he voices the Bat family.

To an extent.

He also wrote some messed up abusive bat dad.

I'm just not familiar with other writers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Batman vs Deathstroke was mandated by editorial. Originally planned to be published when the now cancelled Batman/Deathstroke movie released.

I think Priest would tell detective focused stories with a street-level Batman and he would have a competent Batman unlike King.
    It being mandated is not really an excuse for the plot making no sense.

And honestly If I look how the mysteries in Deathstroke are usually resolved, I'm not really interested in detective stories written by him.

Priest is a good idea.

I don't know if he'd want to do it or have time with all his other projects but would be fun to see someone like Lemire take the book for even just 12 issues (though a longer run would be fine, too).

How about Matt Rosenberg? Since Marvel pretty much dissed him for Hickman on Uncanny, maybe DC could bring him over and give him Bats. His Punisher ain’t too shabby. Team him up with Deodato Jr, since he has a dark style and just left Marvel. It could work.

One thing that could be interesting...and I don't think I've seen one mentioned here...why not put a female writer on the book? Kelly Sue DeConnick or G. Willow Wilson or someone like that...I dunno...would be interesting to see a take on Batman from the opposite sex.

I wouldn't mind if Scott Lobdell took over if it meant we could get Tom King away from the character / franchise before the end of this year!

Incredible Member

Well, King is staying until the end of this run for sure. He's had this whole 100 issue story planned forever, apparently.

A new person will take over in late 2020, I'm guessing.

Extraordinary Member

Thats btw. also a point.

I want as next writer someone who does a (mostly) self contained story arcs of normal length. Not someone with 100 issue plan or like in Tom Kings case 50 issue plan (if I'm generous) that he stretches out to 100 issues.

Astonishing Member

While I'm currently loving his run on Daredevil and would hate to see him leave any time soon, I think Chip Zdarsky would write a great crime/character-driven Batman run if his first DD arc is any indication.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.