Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think DC reaped what they sowed by starting off their mature reader line with the writer they did...

I think it depends. I think the Superman books were much more editorially controlled when Yang first joined up then when he got to do New Super-Man.
    Not an Azzarello fan? Was there one thing in particular that put you off him?

The difference in New Superman vs Superman... totally agreed on that point. Which I guess is to be expected when one character is Superman and the other is new.

I think one of the reasons Tynion was picked us that he clearly can "play ball" and work well with others in a shared sandbox. I really hope he gets to drive his on his own a little more rather than being copilot to Snyder and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Not an Azzarello fan? Was there one thing in particular that put you off him?
    The Killing Joke animated film.
    I think one of the reasons Tynion was picked us that he clearly can "play ball" and work well with others in a shared sandbox. I really hope he gets to drive his on his own a little more rather than being copilot to Snyder and the rest.
    That feels like exactly what he's doing with JLD.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Killing Joke animated film.

That feels like exactly what he's doing with JLD.
    Gotcha. Haven't seen that one.

Agreed on JL Dark. I'd love to see more of that on Batman. He's definitely earned it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I wish they gave the book to Joelle Jones.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I wish they gave the book to Joelle Jones.
    She was one of my picks too. I'm wondering what happens to her Catwoman book once the Bat Cat series gets going.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I think it defeats the whole point of a mature readers line if you cave in and erase anything people get upset about. Being upset about a penis being shown in a book made for adults only is absurd to me. But I digress.
    Maybe it's because I live in France, But I don't even understand the problem with a bat-penis in a comics designated to an adult audience. Leftists or rightists, you are sometimes very puritan.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Saying Tynion is just a slightly better Lobdell is such a bad take, I'm not gonna respond to that seriously.

That said, he isn't a A list writer, but I think he has written enough great issues to at least be excited for this upcoming run.
    Yeah, it's not fair to say that Tynion is in the same league than Scott Lobdell. He is a lot better. But he needs to find his voice.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

So Tynion's January solicitations are out, and Batman is double-shipping. Am I crazy or did DC announce they were going to stop doing that? Or is it something that'll be slowly phased out?

Incredible Member

I thought it was supposed to start single shipping as of January. That and the Bat/Cat comic isn't being solicited, which I'm more than ok with.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I thought it was supposed to start single shipping as of January. That and the Bat/Cat comic isn't being solicited, which I'm more than ok with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    Currently no solicits out for Batman/Catwoman #1 with the January solicits. I wonder if it got pushed back.
    Considering the sales of batman in september, perhaps it had been sunk ?

It would be poetic justice.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

Don't threaten me with a good time.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

Oh? Is it dead? I honestly hope so.

I'd like to see what Kieron Gillen could do.
    Check out my new action comedy comic Supermom. Superhero Voltra is out to stop her archnemesis from taking over the world. There's just one problem: she's pregnant... and he's the father.

Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986r..._Pack.pdf/file

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    So Tynion's January solicitations are out, and Batman is double-shipping. Am I crazy or did DC announce they were going to stop doing that? Or is it something that'll be slowly phased out?
    Tom King said at Baltimore that Bat/Cat is being pushed back to March. DC is likely continuing the double-shipping to keep the Bat-product flowing until it's ready, though they don't seem to have made an official announcement to that effect.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    Tom King said at Baltimore that Bat/Cat is being pushed back to March. DC is likely continuing the double-shipping to keep the Bat-product flowing until it's ready, though they don't seem to have made an official announcement to that effect.
    March??? Why though? Is it not ready? Did he elaborate at all?

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    March??? Why though? Is it not ready? Did he elaborate at all?
    He did, but I don't recall exactly what he said. It does not appear to be lateness on anyone's part.