Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Probably going to be Bendis but my vote is for Priest

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    One thing that could be interesting...and I don't think I've seen one mentioned here...why not put a female writer on the book? Kelly Sue DeConnick or G. Willow Wilson or someone like that...I dunno...would be interesting to see a take on Batman from the opposite sex.
    I don't disagree, but I'd honestly rather just have a higher profile female writer on Batgirl to be honest. Feels like she needs it more.

Christopher Priest or (if they could snag him from Immortal Hulk) Al Ewing.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Who should?

China Mieville.

The one writer DC might have a chance at hiring that would probably do a solid job following whatever King is planning.

Priest
    Tomasi
    Cates. I would like to see Cates (when/if he joins DC) have a shot at writing Batman.

Bendis to Batman is inevitable, but unless he sheds a bunch of his workload I certainly hope it's a bit farther down the line. I'm not a Bendis hater -- he's done some really good stuff, and I'm enjoying both Super books and Young Justice right now -- but his worst stuff always seemed to come when he was overworked. Personally, I'd bet on him jumping ship to the Bat-titles after his Superman run winds down.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't disagree, but I'd honestly rather just have a higher profile female writer on Batgirl to be honest. Feels like she needs it more.
    Yeah I could see that as well....I'd like to see more women get a shot a high profile male characters though. It doesn't always have to be women write women and men write men, etc. Would just be interesting to see a woman writing Batman or Captain America or some other flagship type of character.

That said, a writer should be chosen for the quality of their craft...but...I think we can all agree there are some excellent women writers in comics these days.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wouldn't mind if Scott Lobdell took over if it meant we could get Tom King away from the character / franchise before the end of this year!
    Sounds like the latter part of this might actually be a possibility (according to rumors on Bleeding Cool)?

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Yeah I could see that as well....I'd like to see more women get a shot a high profile male characters though. It doesn't always have to be women write women and men write men, etc. Would just be interesting to see a woman writing Batman or Captain America or some other flagship type of character.

That said, a writer should be chosen for the quality of their craft...but...I think we can all agree there are some excellent women writers in comics these days.
    No arguments there .

Fantastic Member

Alright, this feels a wee bit morbid as the proverbial body ain't even cold yet (Why DC, why?)...But if forced to think of a writer who can do action, espionage and film noir styled writing, I would toss Ed Brubaker's hat in the ring (reluctantly because this seems so very wrong what DC is doing to King).

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Alright, this feels a wee bit morbid as the proverbial body ain't even cold yet (Why DC, why?)...But if forced to think of a writer who can do action, espionage and film noir styled writing, I would toss Ed Brubaker's hat in the ring (reluctantly because this seems so very wrong what DC is doing to King).
    Brubaker's recently renewed an exclusive contract with Image, and he's personally expressed that he's felt he's said all he has to say about superheroes before, so his chances as a Bat-writer anytime soon are pretty slim to say the least.

What about Gail Simone? She's never written either of the two main Batbooks.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    It would probably never happen, but I wouldn't mind Simone writing more Batman .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would probably never happen, but I wouldn't mind Simone writing more Batman .
    I would too, I enjoy her work. She's not on the outs at DC is she? She did the Plastic Man mini recently I know that.

My guess though is DC is going to throw as big of a name as they can get on there to bring sales back up as fast as possible.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I want more Simone period. I don't care what book she gets.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics