Am I the only one seeing significance in the fact that Superman's and Batman's fathers were both 'resurrected' around the same time? I can't believe that's a coincidence.

I'm calling this phenomenon "The Reverse-Martha" and I anticipate a payoff of some sort but am a little surprised nobody seems to be talking about this. One of them coming back is a radical storyline; both of them coming back has to have some significance IMO.

Jor-El and Thomas Wayne are each essential parts of Batman's/Superman's origins and their perma-deadness is too. In 80 years of comics we've never seen either resurrected in any real way in continuity. Suddenly Superman's father and Batman's father are both back? I have to believe that's not for nothing.

Further, they each have connections to the Rebirth/D-Clock storyline with the Mr. Oz stuff, "The Button," and both of them apparently being brought back by Dr. Manhattan.

Is this a thematic thing? Does Dr. Manhattan have a thing about fathers and might that play into D-Clock in its endgame?

Interested to know what others think of "The Reverse-Martha" and what the payoff might be if there's a payoff at all.