Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should marvel do a "Contest of Villains" limited series?

We have had three contest of champions book with heroes but what about the bad guys? How about a contest of villains book with the bad guys in a battle tournament event like the second champions book after some big prize if they win? Would anyone like to see this? (you don't have to kill anyone, a ko still counts as a win!) Red skull vs the leader, Trapster vs spot, mysterio vs mesmero, eye scream vs the living turnup! Taskmaster vs whirlwind! There are tons of fights they could do.

What do you guys think?

I'm not sure.

As they're villains, then who do you root for?

Extraordinary Member

Grandmaster vs Challenger round 2??

I would love this! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    I'm not sure.

As they're villains, then who do you root for?
    You'd root for the villain you love to hate, which for most would be the arch-enemy of your favorite hero.

Spectacular Member

I like the idea. It can be a 60 issue limited-series with the first year designing the contest. The next two years gathering up the villains and the last two years with a big battle royal that has no clear winner.

iMan 42s

I picture something similar to that of a Mortal Kombat tournament but where the villains have to fight and scheme around other villains. I imagine that even if it was two team of villains of randomly generated teams, what does a team-up of Doctor Doom, Mandarin, and Maestro look like? Probably nothing good and you have opportunity for double crosses and in-fighting among them.

It would be a good way of highlighting older villains as well cause Marvel really does just sit on some gems in favor of bigger names.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I think it could be fun. The thing with villains is they'd be willing to take measures the heroes would not in order to win. so while it may be more bloody, and less angst over hurting/killing the other guys, on the other hand it could just be kind of fun to see what depths they'd sink to in order to win. Also, if they were put on teams, trying to get them to work together would be a challenge, and the likelihood of backstabbings would be high.

I've been wanting to see a Doctor Doom vs Mandarin story that took inspiration from Lex Luthor vs Gorilla Grodd for years.

it would be a mistake. all it will do is hurt the reputations of any villain that isn't already considered to be A-List, imo. it will be jobberpalooza.

but who do you have? you have brawlers/brawn like Scorpion, Rhino... maniacs like Carnage.. elitists like Doom... manipulators like Kingpin..

BANNED

it could be interesting to see a mortal Kombat Armageddon or a secret wars 2 scenario with only the villains competing for some prize or power source. imagine red skull squirting his death dust as a mist or something everywhere only for kingpin to fry him with a laser ray blast. whirlwind could be blowing the competition away in the match until he comes against the juggernaut who brings him down to Earth. magneto using his powers to round up Ultron Doomsday man Arsenal machinesmith black Ant the spider slayers of Smythe would be entertaining to see. Mandarin could be using the rings to great effect against doom who while countering them is readying his magical techno attacks until Blackheart arises from the ground and engulfs both of them dragging them down into his Stygian darknes. apocalypse could try to duke it out with thanos only to find he has bitten off more than he can chew. Baron zemo could try to match his chemical X with the concoctions of trapster. the possibilities are limitless but ultimately it could run into the danger of being just a spectacle battle instead of a spectacular skirmish that could shake the MU if not contained kind of COC2 ultimately was.

Well Villains fighting each other makes more sense than Heroes fighting each other.

The set up could be easy to do, sort of like Secret Wars but with no heroes.

Astonishing Member

A “villains vs. villains” fight would be refreshing considering how many “heroes vs heroes” fights we’ve gotten.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I want to see a mob/underworld-off at some point. Pesky Blinders/GoT style with shifting allegiances everywhere.

The Hood, The Pride, Kingpin, Mr Negatige, whoever else...

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I want to see a mob/underworld-off at some point. Pesky Blinders/GoT style with shifting allegiances everywhere.

The Hood, The Pride, Kingpin, Mr Negatige, whoever else...
    Didn't Slott do that in Spider-man's book? The new Wraith was involved.