Default The History of the X-Men Part 1 | Seminal Moments

Marvel has been putting out these videos on the big moments of the X-men franchise . The highlight for me is the early designs that you see in the video for example Storm fans today could be easily be Black Cat fans. And the amount of detail Dave cockrum put into designs.

It is just cool to see them talk about the history of the X-men and the early ups and downs. I am looking forward to the others I think they should be more of them.

BANNED

These are the best runs in my opinion in descending order:

1. X-Men - Chris Claremont (writer) and John Bryne (artist)

2. X-Men - Roy Thomas (writer) and Neal Adams (artist)

3. New Mutants - Chris Claremont (writer) and Sal Buscema and Bob McLeod (artist)

The stories were original, exciting, emotional with lots of cliff-hangers.

Most of the stories after year 1990 were just copycats of these earlier stories.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 05-20-2019 at 11:43 PM.

kurt busiek with a clenched fist watching his mans brevoort deadass do this elaborate call out post
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Great find, never would have watched it if you hadn't posted. Thanks!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Really enjoyed this and looking forward to the next ones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Really enjoyed this and looking forward to the next ones.
    There are like 6/8 of them on marvel entertainment youtube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    There are like 6/8 of them on marvel entertainment youtube channel.
    Those are part of bigger interview/doc from how I understand it. They cut them from what is probably coming next

BANNED

May 22: X-Men #1 (1991)
    May 24: Age of Apocalypse
    May 28: New X-Men

Amazing Member

Good video. One correction. Dave Cockrum did not come up with Nightcrawler while he was under enemy fire.

"I had come up with Nightcrawler back while I was in Guam. This terrible typhoon hit. The elements were raging, and my first wife Andrea and I were scared half to death, because who knew if our ramshackle little house was going to blow down. In order to keep our spirits up and pass the time, we started making up superhero characters. I came up with this character called the Intruder who was kind of like a cross between the Punisher and Batman. He had a sidekick who was a demon, and the demon was Nightcrawler. My idea at the time was that Nightcrawler had screwed up on a mission from Hell, and rather than go back and face punishment, he stayed on the mortal plane and hung out with the Intruder. Jack Kirby’s Demon came out shortly after that, and I figured, well, I guess I’m going to have to drop the demon aspect. Then, when I was doing Legion, I proposed Nightcrawler as a possible Legionnaire, but Murray Boltinoff was very conservative, and he just thought Nightcrawler was too funny looking and would offend the readers. Personally, I didn’t think he was any funnier looking than, say, Chameleon Boy. Anyway, he was rejected by the Legion, so I offered him as an X-Man."
    (Comics Creators On X-Men, p. 86)