Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Still reading all the AOXM titles, enjoying Prisoner X, Amazing Nightcrawler, X-Tremists, and Nextgen the most. Also, Hickman has nothing to do with the cancellations of Uncanny X-Men/X-Force/Mr & Mrs X, because that’s underestimating the amount of time that goes into planning for comics. If anything, Hickman is the reason that X-Men Blue/Gold/Red never saw their initial plans through but everything that’s happening now takes Hickman’s run into account.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    We’ve now been told by Marvel that the current run is just a placeholder for Hickman and was never intended to be anything but.
    Who said that?

BANNED

I'm still reading. It's not my fav story-line but I've read much worse. It's definitely too long.

Also, I am so sick of people talking about what's next and discounting everything. With the way comics work you will never be satisfied or excited if you keep thinking like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I'm still reading. It's not my fav story-line but I've read much worse. It's definitely too long.

Also, I am so sick of people talking about what's next and discounting everything. With the way comics work you will never be satisfied or excited if you keep thinking like that.
    Exactly! That is what I was trying to point out. Enjoy the now of things!
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Spectacular Member

Yes, because if I only read stuff that "mattered" I'd never read anything or consume any entertainment, since nothing fictional "matters" going by your logic. Literally all entertainment is a "placeholder" for confronting the soul-crushing meaninglessness of my existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    Yes, because if I only read stuff that "mattered" I'd never read anything or consume any entertainment, since nothing fictional "matters" going by your logic. Literally all entertainment is a "placeholder" for confronting the soul-crushing meaninglessness of my existence.
    Well, tbh, this entire reality is but a simulation revolving around my almighty consciousness. So how about instead of reading yer comics, you make yourself meaningful by sending your credit card number, the expiration date, and the three digits on the back. Professor X needs your help!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

No, but because it was clear this was just a bunch of stuff and I already read a bunch of stuff that looked much better than what the 10 issue prologue or the one-shot alpha issue gave any indication of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Well, tbh, this entire reality is but a simulation revolving around my almighty consciousness. So how about instead of reading yer comics, you make yourself meaningful by sending your credit card number, the expiration date, and the three digits on the back. Professor X needs your help!
    Press 4 to send Banshee, 3 to send Iceman, 2 to send Cyclops or 1 to send Wolverine.

I'm reading the books, writing is good and is making a good job character wise.
    More important: feels fresh

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Still reading all the AOXM titles, enjoying Prisoner X, Amazing Nightcrawler, X-Tremists, and Nextgen the most. Also, Hickman has nothing to do with the cancellations of Uncanny X-Men/X-Force/Mr & Mrs X, because that’s underestimating the amount of time that goes into planning for comics. If anything, Hickman is the reason that X-Men Blue/Gold/Red never saw their initial plans through but everything that’s happening now takes Hickman’s run into account.
    Hickman asked to cancel entire x-men line

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He understood it needed put out of it's misery (especially all of the color books).

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yes, but y’all keep bringing up the wrong books. He canceled the ResurreXion line, not the line-up that started less than a year before HoX #1 came out. He was hired before the Disassembled and Age of X-Men creative teams even came on board.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    He understood it needed put out of it's misery (especially all of the color books).
    I would rather keep reading Red

It being a placeholder really doesn’t affect my distaste for it. The event did that itself. Aesthetically, the designs looked terrible and boring. That was the first strike. Then came the overarching conflict being against love and pairing which made it feel completely pretentious with how deep it seemed to be trying to come across as. Strike 2. From there, the characterization of the characters and the plots just spinning their wheels in a story that clearly can’t hold up for 6 months was strike 3 and this event was out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is set up the new status quo but ultimately, We don't care about those books we really care about what comes after. We want to read about "the main team" who is going to carry the mantle of "The X-men" and how that team grows and once you realize that this story before you get that it is just a placeholder as well. Whatever HoX/PoX is,it is not going to be what people want to see however good it is going to be. People want to see the main team and where their favorites are going to show up. Frankly HoX/PoX is 12 issue delay before we get read "the real X-men book" It is Hickman so it is going to be good but Uncanny Disassemble/Age of X-man or HoX/PoX are all delays before giving us what we want to see.

Go ahead ask people if they don't just want to skip past this story and just find out who is going to be "Main team" and if their favorites made the first wave of X-men books. Sorry they are just speed bumps like Age of X-man/Uncanny but with HoX/PoX we should at least enjoy the ride.
    Lmfao this is a hilarious take. Sure if you boil it down enough ANY storyline before major shift in narrative is a placeholder. But that's not why people are calling AoXm "placeholder" it's because Marvel hyped the hell out of this event and made it seem like it was the best thing to happen to the X-books since sliced bread. When in actuality it was some weak ass alternate reality story that's going to be forgotten about in 2 years. That's why people are calling it placeholder. Because it is until Hickman takes the helm in July.

Not reading it anymore.