Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Lmfao this is a hilarious take. Sure if you boil it down enough ANY storyline before major shift in narrative is a placeholder. But that's not why people are calling AoXm "placeholder" it's because Marvel hyped the hell out of this event and made it seem like it was the best thing to happen to the X-books since sliced bread. When in actuality it was some weak ass alternate reality story that's going to be forgotten about in 2 years. That's why people are calling it placeholder. Because it is until Hickman takes the helm in July.
    Who at Marvel “hyped the hell out of this event?” This book got almost no promotion or hype from any one other than the people writing it. And even then, Brisson barely talked about Nextgen.

Lmfao this is a hilarious take. Sure if you boil it down enough ANY storyline before major shift in narrative is a placeholder. But that's not why people are calling AoXm "placeholder" it's because Marvel hyped the hell out of this event and made it seem like it was the best thing to happen to the X-books since sliced bread. When in actuality it was some weak ass alternate reality story that's going to be forgotten about in 2 years. That's why people are calling it placeholder. Because it is until Hickman takes the helm in July.
    When this happened? because saw almost nothing of Marvel hyping this. Marvel barely market this

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Who at Marvel “hyped the hell out of this event?” This book got almost no promotion or hype from any one other than the people writing it. And even then, Brisson barely talked about Nextgen.
    He must have hyped it up in his own head bc Marvel barely promoted it. They hyped up Uncanny's return but did almost nothing for AoX

Xavier Files doesn't work for Marvel, much to his chagrin.

Marvel hyped the HECK out of the event with a few tweets, some house ads, and a mediocre weekly in the shadow of better Avengers stories.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I've been reading the Nightcrawler series and the one about Glob Herman (Gen Next?) I have no idea what is going on outside those two series.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He must have hyped it up in his own head bc Marvel barely promoted it. They hyped up Uncanny's return but did almost nothing for AoX
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Marvel hyped the HECK out of the event with a few tweets, some house ads, and a mediocre weekly in the shadow of better Avengers stories.
    Even CB didn't talk about this event beyond mentioning it in relation to Hickman. And he got the name wrong.

Fantastic Member

I'm enjoying it immensely, but I feel like reading all of it helps form a complete picture. To each their own, though.

BANNED

yes sadly out of obligation because I put them on my pull list and unfortunately a lcs orders months in ahead and I think it's rude to cancel them, but they are pretty bad, X-Tremists might be one of the worst X-Men books I've ever read

Only Prisoner X.

I tried Next Gen but it got annoying very fast.

The biggest problem of this event is that it is too predictable and does not even come close to other classic stories with a similar theme.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Amazing Nightcrawler and Prisoner X are the only two that I'm reading anymore. I'm mostly reading Amazing Nightcrawler because it's nice to see Kurt written in character for once.

GenX is interesting but not enough for me to spend money on. Marvelous does not live up to the name and I find it boring and some of the cast are OOC. I'm in agreement that X-Tremist is the worst of the lot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    yes sadly out of obligation because I put them on my pull list and unfortunately a lcs orders months in ahead and I think it's rude to cancel them, but they are pretty bad, X-Tremists might be one of the worst X-Men books I've ever read
    I agree. I can't believe people want more of this writer. It must be a joke of some sort. Unless this last Jubilee issue is amazing then no thanks.

I am still reading although I don't enjoy any of the Age of X-Man as much as Mr and Mrs X and Uncanny X-Men right now. I hope that X-Man is gone forever after these. But I will be very disappointed if none of these stories are forgotten in the latter narrative. I want Psylocke and Blob have a connection after this, not a relationship, just a connection.

I’d say this sums up Age of X-Man for me:

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

I only read the one shot and haven't bothered with the other parts: I just don't care. I'm ready for this phase of the X-Men to end