Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Still subscribed to Prisoner X and NextGen and dropped the others (never subbed X-Tracts though).

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Yawning through everything that isn't Nightcrawler or Prisoner X, sure, but I'm still reading it. So far, Marvelous X-Men and Apocalypse and the X-Tracts have been the worst offenders of the bunch.
    I've actually liked those two the best. Also, let me clarify and say that none of the titles have been great, but I feel like Marvelous and the x-tracts have been solid. X-tremists has been my worst by far

Yes, mainly because characters I like are stuck in the Age of Snoozefest. Otherwise, NextGen is the only one I kinda like it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm sticking with Next Gen, Nightcrawler and Prisoner X.

- Art is good
    - Bishop, Gabby, Laura and Meggan.
    "Cable was right!"

Still reading neXt Gen, but honestly have stopped reading all the others. Too much of a slow roll IMO and too many books involved. I think I would have enjoyed it more had they combined a couple of the titles (like Prisoner X/eXtremeists and Marvelous/Apocalypse) to make a more interesting reading. I'm enjoying Uncanny though (I know, I know).

Personally I was a bit peeved when they basically told us that this entire thing doesn't matter "because Hickman." There is no reason for anyone to want to finish these books (including Uncanny) knowing we're just going to start on page one in a couple of months.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Still reading neXt Gen, but honestly have stopped reading all the others. Too much of a slow roll IMO and too many books involved. I think I would have enjoyed it more had they combined a couple of the titles (like Prisoner X/eXtremeists and Marvelous/Apocalypse) to make a more interesting reading. I'm enjoying Uncanny though (I know, I know).

Personally I was a bit peeved when they basically told us that this entire thing doesn't matter "because Hickman." There is no reason for anyone to want to finish these books (including Uncanny) knowing we're just going to start on page one in a couple of months.
    My thoughts exactly......I see this whole thing as a holding pattern, the “do something until July when Hickman takes over, it just has to involve Cyclops and Wolverine returning to the team.....)

Comic Geek in General

No, didn’t bother because I knew it was a holding pattern story designed to add complications for Cyclops and Wolverine returning

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    From Hickman's interview yesterday it sounds like there isn't going to be a "main team" in the traditional sense..
    Your talking about this quote

Jonathan: HOX and POX aren’t really structured that way in that they’re not really stories about teams or missions. Saying that, they have teams and missions, but it’s not the point.

Going forward, however, I think the idea of ‘teams’ and ‘schools’ and other ‘ways to get things done’ aren’t necessarily the kind of things that we want to hold too tight to. I don’t want to give the game away, so I’m not going to say anymore, but we won’t be doing ‘gold’ and ‘blue’ teams in the traditional manner.
    Kinda you have to focus in on somebody so there is going to be "a team". BUT one of the big reasons I was hyped about Hickman is that he handled a huge cast on Avengers very well I think the final roster was about 21 or 22 people. I guess if he says there are no teams in the traditional manner I believe him but even then people still will want to see who is the 19 or 20 people comprising the main roster. The uncanny disassemble poster had like 30 or 40 people on people was still asking where was characters. I was trying to explain it to OP, a lot X-men fans have a set way thinking once they see what they want is after they aren't going to care about what Hickman is trying to do in the present moment. Just wait by the second or third book you will see a bunch of complaints "I don't care for this nonsense just give the big team and my favorite characters"

Yeah I'm still in. Marvelous Xmen and Prisoner X are the 2 I'm reading.

I'm sticking with Age of X-Man. It's not great. I think the concept is interesting, but not 6 separate minis of 5 issues in length interesting. If you really think about things, every story is a placeholder for something else - which is why I try to just think about stories as they are and not get wrapped up in what's next since you lose out in the "now" of everything.

I think NextGen is the clear winner of AoXMan. Followed by Nightcrawler, Prisoner X, X-Tremists (even though Moneta is killing any pleasure I have in reading the book), X-Tracts and then finally Marvelous.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

I’m still reading X-tremists and NextGen - the only two I really enjoy. The others aren’t bad, but they’re also not good. They’re just sort of there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I started so Im gonna finish it out but I was ready for it to be over a month ago

BANNED

The initial idea was interesting.the concept didn’t have legs to hold my interest this long.

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    I'm sticking with Age of X-Man. It's not great. I think the concept is interesting, but not 6 separate minis of 5 issues in length interesting. If you really think about things, every story is a placeholder for something else - which is why I try to just think about stories as they are and not get wrapped up in what's next since you lose out in the "now" of everything.
    Pretty much. Every story only "matters" so much as the following writers/editors decide it does, so that's not something I take into account when buying from the Big Two. I'm still enjoying AoXM overall. The only one I've dropped is Poccy and the X-Tracts. Too few characters I'm fond of combined with too many tropes I'm not fond of and art that isn't really doing it for me.

I know I shouldn't, but I'm still reading this s#$%.