Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    At this point, I hate to be a downer, but the only thing keeping interest in the X-Men and this relaunch is Hickman's name alone. It makes you wonder if Marvel knew this and that's why they decided to advertise him, as a writer, first before his project. Hickman is carrying the X-Men, lol.
    After nearly 15 years of trying to take the X-men down, what choice did they have? Take the most successful Marvel writer of the last decade and beg him to come back.

The sad part is we could have seen his work right after Secret Wars...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    After nearly 15 years of trying to take the X-men down, what choice did they have? Take the most successful Marvel writer of the last decade and beg him to come back.

The sad part is we could have seen his work right after Secret Wars...
    I wonder what he wanted to do with Jeen during Secret Wars. I actually only recently learned editorial shot his ideas with her down.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Is Hickman the reason sales and enthusiasm of Uncanny/Age of X-man have fallen?
    Did his announcement really hurt the other books or help to keep people interested on this franchice? or it is only a scapegoat
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-28-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Did his announcement really hurt the other books? or it is only a scapegoat
    There was already a lack of enthusiasm for AoX even before his announcement. He did hurt Uncanny, but the bad writing was more of a factor.

BANNED

Did his announcement really hurt the other books or help to keep people interested on this franchice? or it is only a scapegoat
    AoXm is paint catching material.
    That’s what im gonna use it for when I paint my BR

For sure when people saw that AOX was just a filler to Hickman next big thing it completely kiled any momentum the event ever had

I would love to be able to track that. The numbers may have changed, but I think the numbers were dwindling before the announcement. You wouldn't happen to know the current numbers would you? I have to believe Uncanny was outselling AoX regardless of the announcement simply because of Wolverine and Cyclops' presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There was already a lack of enthusiasm for AoX even before his announcement. He did hurt Uncanny, but the bad writing was more of a factor.
    As i remember many people were dissapointed since Disassembled, that's why it feels weird to blame things on Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    For sure when people saw that AOX was just a filler to Hickman next big thing it completely kiled any momentum the event ever had
    Maybe it could have influenced that. But I don't think it is the only reason
    I would love to be able to track that. The numbers may have changed, but I think the numbers were dwindling before the announcement. You wouldn't happen to know the current numbers would you? I have to believe Uncanny was outselling AoX regardless of the announcement simply because of Wolverine and Cyclops' presence.
    Sorry, I don't have the numbers.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-28-2019 at 06:26 PM.

More like because it is in continuity. Anything in continuity will undermine a Au

I think pre-order sales for all but the final issues of UXM and AoXM would have been locked before the Hickman announcements really kicked in. The only way to figure Hickman's impact at this point would be to look at sell-through numbers (and possibly day-of-release digital), none of which we see.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I think pre-order sales for all but the final issues of UXM and AoXM would have been locked before the Hickman announcements really kicked in.
    Exactly, the first issues were ordered before Hickman was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I think pre-order sales for all but the final issues of UXM and AoXM would have been locked before the Hickman announcements really kicked in. The only way to figure Hickman's impact at this point would be to look at sell-through numbers (and possibly day-of-release digital), none of which we see.
    FOCs happen all months

Exactly, the first issues were ordered before Hickman was announced.
    That's how Marvel swindles money from us. They knew about Hickman but held the information back and sold Uncanny as an ongoing.

BANNED

That's how Marvel swindles money from us. They knew about Hickman but held the information back and sold Uncanny as an ongoing.
    MR UXM run should have been titled “The World still Hates Scott Summers “

Amazing Member

The announcement of Hickman and the interviews I've read from him about his upcoming X-Men run is the reason I cancelled all six preorders for the Age of X-Man trade paperbacks. I wasn't that interested, to begin with, but didn't want to feel left out. Which is why I initially preordered. I knew long term this alternate universe story probably wouldn't matter, but now I'm positive it won't.