Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post
    The announcement of Hickman and the interviews I've read from him about his upcoming X-Men run is the reason I cancelled all six preorders for the Age of X-Man trade paperbacks. I wasn't that interested, to begin with, but didn't want to feel left out. Which is why I initially preordered. I knew long term this alternate universe story probably wouldn't matter, but now I'm positive it won't.
    Smart move! My floppies have been paid for as we speak, lol! What a let down these past 6 months have been!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    *snerk* Makes it all worth it, yeah. Though, really, Marvelous X-Men gave me the only version of Nature Girl I've been even remotely interested in. Latour's was a cipher and Strain's read like a Disney Princess who'd just joined PETA instead of someone with a deeper understanding of nature. So there's that.
    I wouldn’t mind Zac and Lonnie on a horror X-Men title with Nature Girl as one of the members. Or generally anything with them and Nature Girl because they’re the only ones who could make her likable likable. And I doubt they’re giving Strain or those two anything anytime soon. Especially since it looks like other offices scooped up the AOXM sculptors to work on literally anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    FOCs happen all months
    Yes. What is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yes. What is your point?
    pre-orders already suffered down on sales

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    pre-orders already suffered down on sales
    But not in any way that can be laid at Hickman's feet by any reasonable stretch.

I think the biggest failure in this event is that they tackled the wrong concepts, these two concepts being "Everyone is a mutant" and "intimacy is bad dystopia", with the latter thing being really, extremely dumb. It has very little impact on what it means to be a hero or an X-Man.

But, I digress, I think this event should have made mutants the majority and humans the minority. Completely reverse the roles of mutants and humans from what it is in Earth-616, forget all the intimacy and romance BS, and have this event play out like Book 1: Equality from Legend of Korra with Apocolypse straight up filling in Amon's role. Again, it's a copy of LoK, but I'm damn sure they straight up ripped off the anime Darling in the FranXX (which handles intimacy dystopia far better anyway) for this event anyway, lol.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 05-28-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There was already a lack of enthusiasm for AoX even before his announcement. He did hurt Uncanny, but the bad writing was more of a factor.
    How was Uncanny hurt?

Still seems to be doing as well on the Comixology bestselling lists and Bleeding Cool's retailer sales lists in addition to the standard sales estimates from Icv2.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    How was Uncanny hurt?

Still seems to be doing as well on the Comixology bestselling lists and Bleeding Cool's retailer sales lists in addition to the standard sales estimates from Icv2.
    It's doing well, but sales have decreased; part of course was most people dissatisfied with the writing, but knowing nothing will matter doesn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's doing well, but sales have decreased; part of course was most people dissatisfied with the writing, but knowing nothing will matter doesn't hurt.
    Of course it has dropped off a little from #11 and #12 as those issues were heavily fueled by variants. But April's sales were about the same as March's so it seems to have stabilized (for now) in the 45-50K range, which is not bad at all for the main X-book these days.

Might of course drop off more heavily soon, probably too early for the Hickman announcement have had much effect yet.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Prisoner X is the only one interesting. This feels like one of those long shonen anime fillers that will not end. Seriously, when is this crap ending? I was excited because Nate came back but the execution, the boring writing and the overall event was disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Prisoner X is the only one interesting. This feels like one of those long shonen anime fillers that will not end. Seriously, when is this crap ending? I was excited because Nate came back but the execution, the boring writing and the overall event was disappointing.
    What’s boring about it?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What’s boring about it?
    I guess I expected things to be bigger? I feel like the things happening are such on a low scale as compared to other AU stories.

Before Hickman it was Scott and Logan's fault that the AOXM was selling bad and now we move the blame to Hickman. No one was interested in a already re told story from day one exp a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I guess I expected things to be bigger? I feel like the things happening are such on a low scale as compared to other AU stories.
    The stories are more character-driven than actiony. It’s absolutely Marvel’s fault for not advertising the event like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Before Hickman it was Scott and Logan's fault that the AOXM was selling bad and now we move the blame to Hickman. No one was interested in a already re told story from day one exp a few people.
    From the jump, people have said that the reason AOXM wasn’t selling well was because of Marvel didn’t advertise it at all. The reason Uncanny is selling well is because it was based on the premise of Scott and Logan reuniting. I’m not so sure the reasons are shifting as much as different people who aren’t reading the book are stumbling over each other to call this book ‘filler’ because of Hickman and how Marvel’s marketing department suddenly learned how to advertise a book again once HoXPoX was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The stories are more character-driven than actiony. It’s absolutely Marvel’s fault for not advertising the event like that.

From the jump, people have said that the reason AOXM wasn’t selling well was because of Marvel didn’t advertise it at all. The reason Uncanny is selling well is because it was based on the premise of Scott and Logan reuniting. I’m not so sure the reasons are shifting as much as different people who aren’t reading the book are stumbling over each other to call this book ‘filler’ because of Hickman and how Marvel’s marketing department suddenly learned how to advertise a book again once HoXPoX was announced.
    I'm not sure advertising would make such a huge impact, honestly. I think you're overestimating how much better this event would have done.