Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I'm not sure advertising would make such a huge impact, honestly. I think you're overestimating how much better this event would have done.
    Letting people know what this event was beforehand and making clever marketing tactics for Age of X-Man definitely would’ve helped it. Especially since most of it is well-written, it just isn’t standard cape comics-fare.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I'm not sure advertising would make such a huge impact, honestly. I think you're overestimating how much better this event would have done.
    I also think people blame advertising too much. This was advertised. No, it did not get all the hype that Hickman is getting, but neither has Immortal Hulk nor the Thanos mini nor Amazing Spider-Man (Hunted.) It was advertised, and it looked boring.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I also think people blame advertising too much. This was advertised. No, it did not get all the hype that Hickman is getting, but neither has Immortal Hulk nor the Thanos mini nor Amazing Spider-Man (Hunted.) It was advertised, and it looked boring.
    Immortal Hulk was a real uphill battle. Almost everything came from word of mouth and that's because the book was/is really good. It deserves everything it's getting. If AoX was good, word of mouth would have helped. I just don't think people like the writing. Another thing AoX has going against it is the general exhaustion and pessimism that has plagued the X-lines for the past, many years.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

The writers and Editorial have said this books where to buy time for Hickman. No one knew that back when the books where announced. It stands to reason why they didn't bother to advertised it as much.

Do you really think people want to read a AU story that is not even a original one but a copy of a old one?

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    The writers and Editorial have said this books where to buy time for Hickman. No one knew that back when the books where announced. It stands to reason why they didn't bother to advertised it as much.

Do you really think people want to read a AU story that is not even a original one but a copy of a old one?
    AoXM is not a direct lift of Age of Apocalypse; AoA was the inspiration for it. So far as execution goes, it shares a lot more in common with Age of X, but even that's not a one-to-one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    AoXM is not a direct lift of Age of Apocalypse; AoA was the inspiration for it. So far as execution goes, it shares a lot more in common with Age of X, but even that's not a one-to-one.
    And, if we want, we can argue that is much closer to House of M in the sense that the reality created there was meant to be one where the mutants were given everything they wanted. Obviously it is harder to come up with a meaningful, enjoyable twist after so many iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I don’t know about that. Age of X had a lot more in common with Age if Apocalypse right down to better storytelling. Age of X-Man is basically pseudo psychological drivel that thinks it’s deeper than it actually is and wants you to know it thus leading it to be more pretentious than anything else. Hell X-Man in issue 3 of Marvelous X-Men basically personified it with the monologue he gave at the end. There was really no saving this dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    haha now we know why they didn't advertised it

I think AoXM got a house ad or a few but now I'm reminded that I have to take down the full poster for Hunted that I cut out of an ASM issue and put on the fridge.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don’t know about that. Age of X had a lot more in common with Age if Apocalypse right down to better storytelling. Age of X-Man is basically pseudo psychological drivel that thinks it’s deeper than it actually is and wants you to know it thus leading it to be more pretentious than anything else. Hell X-Man in issue 3 of Marvelous X-Men basically personified it with the monologue he gave at the end. There was really no saving this dumpster fire.
    Its head is so far up its own ass it can get high on its farts. It's got no story to tell.

Spectacular Member

Marvel wanted most x-men gone for War of Realms. Otherwise they would have had to put them in the main book and take panel time away from the avengers. I’m surprised that there are still x-fans who don’t see the pattern; marvel has been following this past decade when it comes to “marvel wide events “. And even though the x-men are now 100% back at marvel I am not expecting them in the next two “marvel wide events” , because of the advance planning marvel does and to give Hickman room to breathe. But haven gotten that off my chest. Age of X is mediocre. The first issues of each book is good but these stories were made for four issues but were stretched to 5 and all books basically deal with the same things , making them a bit boring. It’s time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    Marvel wanted most x-men gone for War of Realms. Otherwise they would have had to put them in the main book and take panel time away from the avengers. I’m surprised that there are still x-fans who don’t see the pattern; marvel has been following this past decade when it comes to “marvel wide events “. And even though the x-men are now 100% back at marvel I am not expecting them in the next two “marvel wide events” , because of the advance planning marvel does and to give Hickman room to breathe. But haven gotten that off my chest. Age of X is mediocre. The first issues of each book is good but these stories were made for four issues but were stretched to 5 and all books basically deal with the same things , making them a bit boring. It’s time to move on.
    Why? Its not like Marvel doesnt have a history of ignoring most of the X-men when it comes to Avengers events and vice versa

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why? Its not like Marvel doesnt have a history of ignoring most of the X-men when it comes to Avengers events and vice versa
    Plus, you could just have one X-team in space and the other outside the US, like the Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Plus, you could just have one X-team in space and the other outside the US, like the Champions.
    They wanted to continue selling books. Hickman pretty much said the same thing. They needed to publish stuff until July.