Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Are Age of X-man sales the worst X-men sales of all time?
    I have never seen sales so low for the X-men

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    They wanted to continue selling books. Hickman pretty much said the same thing. They needed to publish stuff until July.
    Yes, but they didn't need to do Age of X-man. Seems a panic response; if Hickman is to be believed, he just gave them some pointers and told them to go nuts.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I'm sorry for the ignorance, I decided to skip Ages of X-man entirely but - isnt this exactly of Age of X was? (loved that one though.)
    What's the difference here?

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    I'm sorry for the ignorance, I decided to skip Ages of X-man entirely but - isnt this exactly of Age of X was? (loved that one though.)
    What's the difference here?
    They’re...similar, but they have some underlying differences. The overall plot is different, but really the books handle everything so poorly compared to Age of X that it’s diffuclt to acertain what exactly they’re trying to present with these characters. Some people say AoXM is more character-driven, however the themes of the books and the overall obstacles don’t dissect the characters at all.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I think the biggest failure in this event is that they tackled the wrong concepts, these two concepts being "Everyone is a mutant" and "intimacy is bad dystopia", with the latter thing being really, extremely dumb. It has very little impact on what it means to be a hero or an X-Man.

But, I digress, I think this event should have made mutants the majority and humans the minority. Completely reverse the roles of mutants and humans from what it is in Earth-616, forget all the intimacy and romance BS, and have this event play out like Book 1: Equality from Legend of Korra with Apocolypse straight up filling in Amon's role. Again, it's a copy of LoK, but I'm damn sure they straight up ripped off the anime Darling in the FranXX (which handles intimacy dystopia far better anyway) for this event anyway, lol.
    Yeah. I was expecting some Darling in the FranXX stuff but Age of X-Man turned intimacy into some illegal designer drug people have on the down low.
    "Cable was right!"

Age of X is a militaristic dystopia that puts the X-Men on the brink of constant war as a means of giving control to the one person the X-Men haven’t exactly been too trusting of, Legion. The world centered around him and everyone played second fiddle to a world that only used them to make Legion and X seem in control.

Age of X-Man is a suburban, 1950s-ish Utopia where the dream has been achieved through a mutant messiah’s sacrifice. It was designed to give the X-Men the ideal version of a perfect world where there is no more anti-mutant discrimination. Problem is, it’s X-Man’s version and he feels like connection and love of any kind led the X-Men to become too empathetic which led to divisions between one another.

AOX is centered around one person, while AOXM is centered around the X-Men and their dream. They are literally the inverse of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah. I was expecting some Darling in the FranXX stuff but Age of X-Man turned intimacy into some illegal designer drug people have on the down low.
    Hahaha, it’s really weird how they handled this. Their execution clashes with their themes.

Tell me I’m not crazy on the Darling in the FranXX plagirism. There are way, waaay too many similarites between these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Good God, I don’t know if that would have made it better or even worse than it is. The lines are too far blurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Good God, I don’t know if that would have made it better or even worse than it is. The lines are too far blurred.
    Darling did a lot of things right in terms of dystopia so I don't understand your reaction. If you're concerned about the ending episodes where 02 went Galactus, that's not what we're talking about, lol. We're talking more about the society-aspect which it did 101% better than Age of X-Man.

Darling did a lot of things right in terms of dystopia so I don't understand your reaction. If you're concerned about the ending episodes where 02 went Galactus, that's not what we're talking about, lol. We're talking more about the society-aspect which it did 101% better than Age of X-Man.
    I was more so talking about how pretentious it got with that damn bird metaphor all culminating in that ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I was more so talking about how pretentious it got with that damn bird metaphor all culminating in that ending.
    AoXM is already the most pretentious series of the year, with HiC in close second.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah. Heroes in Crisis didn't help my depression.
    "Cable was right!"

AoXM is already the most pretentious series of the year, with HiC in close second.
    Yea what’s up with the Big 2 this year and trying to be super deep but failing so miserably? They wanted deep but all they got was pretentious that’s so far up its own ass that it’s tasting dinner all over again.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why? Its not like Marvel doesnt have a history of ignoring most of the X-men when it comes to Avengers events and vice versa
    You are right. They could have ignored them without sending them away to age of x. Maybe something g happens at the end of age of x, that marvel does want to happen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Age of X is a militaristic dystopia that puts the X-Men on the brink of constant war as a means of giving control to the one person the X-Men haven’t exactly been too trusting of, Legion. The world centered around him and everyone played second fiddle to a world that only used them to make Legion and X seem in control.

AOX is centered around one person, while AOXM is centered around the X-Men and their dream. They are literally the inverse of each other.
    Nice write up. The concept is interesting I just think the execution failed. It also doesn't help that Disassembled muddled the lead up.