Default Rumblers League Week 1: Stigmazilla v Cleric of Hell's Brigade

Venue: Reign of Fire London

- We can discuss the match for a week.
    - Each person participating in the match can post a maximum of eight times each in that time.
    - Remember to give people a chance to post links and arguments etc.
    - Poll threads posted next week.

STIGMAZILLA v CLERIC OF HELL'S BRIGADE
    Last edited by KJS; 05-21-2019 at 11:35 AM.

STIGMAZILLA'S STRATEGY

Beasts of Burden vs Hells Brigade

Xaxier: works immediately on Superman. He's far enough that i can get first hit on him. Xavier shuts him out right away, then works at Mary Wonder. He'll then have both tear their team apart. They are unprotected from his abilties.

Sutur: attacks thr Shutdown superman. He destroyed a planet so it shouldn't take much

Zoom: works right away to stop any blitzes. He's just as fast as anyone on the opposing team, and can kill them all with the glaive, starting with Jesse Quick.

Hiro: stops time and protects his team. Starting with Superman if he tries to shrink or grow, ththe n Wondermary

Puddle Jumper: cloaks at the bell, then sparks all tech around, focusing on what is being carriedaroung by the enemy. It has a advanced sensors beyond what the Runic Tattoo can block, so it will shoot down Magneto, its drones can target foes from a large distance, so it will fire them off right away starting with Eric then moving on to the others starting with Wasp quick.

GODZILLA: torches Ghost then moves on to the rest of Clerics team, starting with Paul.

Rita: will use her magic to enlarge Jasmine increasing her power. She will also counteract Medusas head if it comes into play.

Jasmine: takes command of the opposing team. Then as a kajiu sized being she will crush them.

CLERIC OF HELL'S BRIGADE'S STRATEGY

Just on a general note, my team is in general faster in both movement and combat speed than Stigma’s.

Stigma also suffers from the fact that his team is easily spottable, as he has a giant Godzilla, Godzilla duplicate, and Surtur.

Back on task..........

Superman flies full tilt towards the opposing team and when he sees them (specifically Big G, his duplicate, and Surtur) he’ll activate the barometer at speed, giving him 47 seconds in a time stop to move around at full speed on top of that.

Which means Stigma’s team is frozen and Clark is able to do as he pleases. He’ll use Antman’s suit to grow to it’s full height and beat the stuffing out of all three. Note that Giantman in Avengers was able to one shot punch out a space whale AND crush Cull Obsidian beneath his foot. DCEU Clark at this power will be staggering.

If any time remains before the time stop falls he can and will attempt to either knock out/disable the rest of the opposing team. He will also use the barometer as often as he can to get these 47 chunks of frozen time.

Diana/Mary: Once she gets going will fly up at top speed and, strategically, use the Medusa Head to petrify Stigma’s team once identified. It already worked on a Kaiju sized creature once, so it should be more than capable of doing so again.

Otherwise she’ll play backup to Clark, using the lasso and her speed to tie people up or knock them down/petrify them. Specifically her task is to petrify the Kaiju (If still up) and Zoom/Jasmine first and foremost. Rita and Hiro are last on her list.

Paul: At top speed, he’ll attempt to locate and mentally kill the opposing team. If needs be he can engage in fisticuffs, but specifically his first targets are Jasmine and Xavier. He will also attempt to block their powers if needs be to protect his team.

Otherwise he’s on mop up duty behind Diana/Mary and Clark.

Jesse: Zips towards the other team. Her target is Zoom, and it’s to shrink him down and crush/obliterate him with a shrinking/laser combo. She’s danced with him before as I recall, she’ll do it again but with a stealth advantage he can’t match.

Xavier is a secondary target of hers if Zoom is either out or cannot be located. She’ll
    Just knock him out though.

Erik: Fully unfindable by the opposing team, will fly upwards and act as oversight while also taking out any metal they have on them (the opposing team). He can take out Hiro, Jasmine, Rita, etc.....with stealthed lightsaber or simply by crushing the buildings around them down on top of them. Or their own metal objects (Xavier’s ship can be crippled and so can Godzilla’s duplicate this way too).

If for whatever reason he cannot, his move will be to use the city ruins as best he can, burying the weaker ones under tons and tons of rubble or scorch earthing it as best he can.

Ghost: Invisible and already a master of stealth (hence the name), he’ll play support and hammer down on Jasmine, Rita, and the weaker ones as best he can. He can easily find them through his keen senses after all. And they’ll never see him coming.

Contingencies:

If at any time we appear to be losing, Medusa’s Head will be used at speed by whoever can to petrify everyone (presuming Diana/Mary hasn’t done this already). This would most likely be Clark with his time stopping powers. Zip in under a time stop and show the head to them. Boom, insta statue.

If it needs be, Clark and/or Jesse will attempt to shrink the opposing people down (who are monsters/demons, so Jasmine, Big G, Zoom, Surter) to size. Without Pym particles to go back or stabilize with......that should put an end to most. If needs be the shrunk down people can be space tossed.

If Zoom! the Thing is being problematic, a scorched Earth policy will be attempted of the entire city by whomever is available.

My team will fight to the best of their abilities, items, skills, powers, experiences, and capabilities allow them to. Aid will be offered to any team member who needs it.

Arena:

The Dragons are irritating, but for the most part, are not a big deal. Even the Bull Dragon is only so big and fast. Most of my action will be happening to quickly to really need to deal with them.

But, if the situation arises, Ghost and Magneto can deftly deal with any of the dragons.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Well, I’ll volley the first shot.

Stigmas start is a touch barebones. Xavier, a human level person, is attempting to mind whammy a super fast person (two actually, with Mary/Diana).

Noting two things: As shown with Nightcrawler teleporting all over the place, rapid/fast movement makes movie X-Men psychics have a hard time pinning them down. The other point is fairly potent too, as Movie Xavier has no shown psychic feats of effecting alien minds. Human minds, yes, but never an alien one. Also, Paul is attempting to help them mentally.

Surter can’t lay a hand on Clark and since Clark can lay a hand on him, Surtur’s toast.

And to anyone who may decry Clark’s speed blitz here, he’s specifically going after three giant seeable monsters right away. That is exactly in character.

There is a distinct lack of counter to my teams’s speed and versatility.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I think Hiro can counter Superman as a Timestop shouldn't affect him and again I don't think any Speedster in the League can blitz someone before they think from 3 miles out.

The cloaked puddle jumper attacking Magneto is good but it only works if he isn't shooting metal projectiles at him. What kinds of weapons does the Puddle Jumper use here?

Superman isn't taking down Surter or the Kaijus in a blitz as they are all to durable for that to put them down.

Also Zoom is a could counter Jesse and even Superman given the Glaive he carries and he is apparently overlooked by his enemies.

Diana, Mary and Paul still are hard to counter with everything else going on so it's still up in the air for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Well, I’ll volley the first shot.

Stigmas start is a touch barebones. Xavier, a human level person, is attempting to mind whammy a super fast person (two actually, with Mary/Diana).
    I'll admit I rushed it a bit, plus I'm a bit of practice, don't expect it to stay.

Xavier has time to mentally effect them, given the distance between the two teams. He has been shown to be a great telepath who won't have any issues freezing two characters who are unprotected from his power.

Noting two things: As shown with Nightcrawler teleporting all over the place, rapid/fast movement makes movie X-Men psychics have a hard time pinning them down. The other point is fairly potent too, as Movie Xavier has no shown psychic feats of effecting alien minds. Human minds, yes, but never an alien one. Also, Paul is attempting to help them mentally.
    I think this is picking at threads a bit much. He has effected voth mutants and humans (the only two intellegent species that he has encountered. Jean had trouble with Nightcrawler when she was closer, but Xavier is much more powerful; and he is in the Jumper which is enroute to your characters, and you have them coming towards Xavier as well.

Surter can’t lay a hand on Clark and since Clark can lay a hand on him, Surtur’s toast.
    He can when he is mentally frozen by Xavier, and then when his suit is a transformer trying to claw at him.

And to anyone who may decry Clark’s speed blitz here, he’s specifically going after three giant seeable monsters right away. That is exactly in character.

There is a distinct lack of counter to my teams’s speed and versatility.
    Your team lacks the mental control of my team, between Xavier and Jasmine, your team is wide open to being torn apart.

Plus speed wise I have Zoom and Hiro. You also compelty overlook my stealth ship, which will turn all your gear onto my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I'll admit I rushed it a bit, plus I'm a bit of practice, don't expect it to stay.

Xavier has time to mentally effect them, given the distance between the two teams. He has been shown to be a great telepath who won't have any issues freezing two characters who are unprotected from his power.

I think this is picking at threads a bit much. He has effected voth mutants and humans (the only two intellegent species that he has encountered. Jean had trouble with Nightcrawler when she was closer, but Xavier is much more powerful; and he is in the Jumper which is enroute to your characters, and you have them coming towards Xavier as well.

He can when he is mentally frozen by Xavier, and then when his suit is a transformer trying to claw at him.

Your team lacks the mental control of my team, between Xavier and Jasmine, your team is wide open to being torn apart.

Plus speed wise I have Zoom and Hiro. You also compelty overlook my stealth ship, which will turn all your gear onto my side.
    You do have a lot of mental control. However, the problem you have is that Paul is an excellent telepath and is defending my team and neither Jasmine or Xavier can control aliens (neither have in canon).

Point of fact telepaths vary greatly in fiction and capability. Some can control animals, some can’t. Some can control sentient robots, some can’t. Movie Xavier has never seen an alien mind, after all. Also, as noted with the Nightcralwer instance in X-2, tracking super fast/quick moving people is a massive pain. Even presuming Xavier can track him
    anyway, he can’t do it quickly.

Zoom is also not nearly fast enough to hang with Clark (who’s in the air anyways). Neither is Hiro or Xavier (both far too human in speed).
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

You do have a lot of mental control. However, the problem you have is that Paul is an excellent telepath and is defending my team and neither Jasmine or Xavier can control aliens (neither have in canon).

t of fact telepaths vary greatly in fiction and capability. Some can control animals, some can’t. Some can control sentient robots, some can’t. Movie Xavier has never seen an alien mind, after all. Also, as noted with the Nightcralwer instance in X-2, tracking super fast/quick moving people is a massive pain. Even presuming Xavier can track him
    anyway, he can’t do it quickly.
    Paul is a 3, there is no way his telepathy can match an 8. Through out this board unless aliens have proven defences they are effected by telepathy the same as humans. Jasmine has been effecting all kinds of different races through out the league for at least a decade now.

Zoom is also not nearly fast enough to hang with Clark (who’s in the air anyways). Neither is Hiro or Xavier (both far too human in speed).
    Superman was barely fast enough to keep up with movie Flash, acting some what sluggish in comparison, only tagging him due to Flash's clumsyiness, and being unused to fighting anyone at speed. Zoom fights TV Barry who is way faster then that.

Xavier has distance to react, as does Hiro, who once he gets his time stop off is at least as fast as Clark if not significantly faster . Zoom has the glaive, which if need be he could throw or use when Superman gets closer. Zoom is also very agile and could jump and attack Superman, seeing as he has the speed edge.

The cloaked puddle jumper attacking Magneto is good but it only works if he isn't shooting metal projectiles at him. What kinds of weapons does the Puddle Jumper use here?
    It has mounted Dalek tommy guns which fire Dalek energy. It alternatively could ram him or use transformer weaponry on him.

Jasmine is barely being countered at all, considering she can control everyone, and is super durable (her own durability, plus being made of sand plus Rita's enchancements), leaves your entire team at my side.

Daphne was able to move around normally in Hiro’s time stop.

Daphne is not near Clark's Speed. Her best feat was outrunning a nuclear explosion (but it killed her anyways and it was a vision of her IIRC, so who knows if that’s even a real feat).

Clark is very fast. Fast enough that a bullet timer is frozen to him (Diana) and fast enough to keep up with DCEU Flash somewhat.

Clark also has his own time stop.

As to Jasmine, she is very potent. But she’s slow. Very slow. And not immune to being petrified.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Daphne was able to move around normally in Hiro’s time stop.

Daphne is not near Clark's Speed. Her best feat was outrunning a nuclear explosion (but it killed her anyways and it was a vision of her IIRC, so who knows if that’s even a real feat).

Clark is very fast. Fast enough that a bullet timer is frozen to him (Diana) and fast enough to keep up with DCEU Flash somewhat.

Clark also has his own time stop.

As to Jasmine, she is very potent. But she’s slow. Very slow. And not immune to being petrified.
    Jasmine's abilty is passive, so being slow wont effect her. She,s also giant, fairly quickly. Zoom is countering Superman right of the gate as well. Xavier is also their to stop your guys in an invisible ship

One week has passed, discussion over.

Poll to be posted soon.