Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Sword for Thanos

It's Endgame. Instead of Mjolnir for Cap, the Scarlet Witch summons a magic sword for Cap - which he is fully able to use. Negative side effects not an issue in the fight.

Pick a sword or suggest one that might might a difference and a quick takedown. I'll make two suggestions:

1. Tessaiga
    2. Stormbringer

Results for these and others? Here's some: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_sword

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Changeling is a possibility.

Unless Thanos has his Infinity Gauntlet up and running, Changeling casts him into a gate through time and space that has no terminus. The person is therefore forever lost in a 'non-state' of sorts -- they're gone, not just somewhere else, but gone. They're not thinking any more, they're not being any more (hence, Thanos can't actually activate his gauntlet once 'struck' by Changeling).

I'll warrant that with the Space gem and Time gem active, Thanos can likely do something about this, but if they're not actually running, he's gone.

....granted, so is the gauntlet.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

He's fully able to use it? Give him the Sword of Grayskull.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

The Edge of Light and Darkness: Older than the deities, it's not so much a sword as the primal division of the Is and the Not in sword form. With it one can potentially cut anything from anything. A man from his shadow. The sores from a leper while leaving him whole. The life from a person while leaving them physically unmarked. A Realm into its most basic elements.

Basically, if there was an Infinity Stone of Separating, it would be this artifact.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

What's that one we're always trying to trick Pendaran into using ?

I suggest that one.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nobody mentioning the twelve swords of power? for shame

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Look I just want to see Chris Evans in He-Man clothes.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    The Edge of Light and Darkness: Older than the deities, it's not so much a sword as the primal division of the Is and the Not in sword form. With it one can potentially cut anything from anything. A man from his shadow. The sores from a leper while leaving him whole. The life from a person while leaving them physically unmarked. A Realm into its most basic elements.

Basically, if there was an Infinity Stone of Separating, it would be this artifact.
    Where is this sword featured?

Sounds like an interesting story.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Dragnipur, if Cap can hit Thanos with it. It's just fine and dandy killing and soul-trapping dudes who operate on a higher level than Thanos.

Oswin mentioned the 12 swords of power - Doomgiver, Shieldbreaker, Mindsword, Soulcutter are all pretty easy wins, and Townsaver might do the deal.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Dragnipur, if Cap can hit Thanos with it. It's just fine and dandy killing and soul-trapping dudes who operate on a higher level than Thanos.
    Would have gone with Dragnipur myself, except I knew you would pull that one out and I wanted Changeling to get some air-time.

And, like Changeling, there's a worthwhile argument that Thanos might be able to use the Infinity Gauntlet to say 'No', assuming he actually has it running at the time (it has a Soul Gem, after all).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

I'd just be a dick and get Wanda to give Steve VOLTRON'S SWORD...

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Where is this sword featured?

Sounds like an interesting story.
    It's from the Spherewalker Sourcebook, a supplement for a tabletop rpg called Everway.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Powerstar Sword- (in theory, when finally re-combined it was actually pretty useless LOL!)

Or, the Sword of Superman
    https://static1.cbrimages.com/wordpr...fit=crop&w=738

The Blazing Sword

Last edited by Güicho; 03-31-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Would have gone with Dragnipur myself, except I knew you would pull that one out and I wanted Changeling to get some air-time.

And, like Changeling, there's a worthwhile argument that Thanos might be able to use the Infinity Gauntlet to say 'No', assuming he actually has it running at the time (it has a Soul Gem, after all).
    Glad to be of service.

IF the gauntlet were running and Thanos were ACTIVELY resisting the rip, perhaps, but given the nature of beings that have been forced to spend eternity inside the thing against their will - it's creator, Elder Eleint, elder and younger gods, etc., I dunno. There's also some kind of thing where Dragnipur doesn't just steal the soul, but seems to actually steal the body or part of it or something (yes, yes, I know that the bodies are left lying there when Rake kills them, work with me here). When beings did escape (the hounds that Paran let out, Draconus after the weapon is shattered, maybe SOME of Rake depending on what you think of Assail) they had bodies with them - they don't jump back into original bodies. I'm thinking that would have been pretty nasty for Darconus, given him being killed a few hundred thousand years before the main series. :-)
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I could say the Yoshitsuna for the massive RPG stats involved, but a lot of it's cool feats are from the moves themselves, not the sword. Still it turns into a Warship that blows up planets, so pretty cool.

Instead let's give him a bunch of swords… Specifically the Sword of X & Y series from MtG. As they collectively give him protection from all colors, basically no matter what Thanos does, Steve will walk it off.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!