Astonishing Member

Default So I guess from now on we will be getting the Solicitations later from now on?

2nd Month we didnt get it on Tuesday 2 pm EA while we got the DC ones last Friday. Last month we got it on the thursday after the Tuesday we were suppose get it.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 05-21-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Punctuality is for filthy muties.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    2nd Month we didnt get it on Tuesday 2 pm EA while we got the DC ones last Friday. Last month we got it on the thursday after the Tuesday we were suppose get it.
    Looks like Thursday again, yes.
    https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status...51267038257154
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Thursday makes more sense than Tuesday, imo, because it'll allow another Wednesday of purchases before anything gets spoiled.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I suspect that's the reason, yeah. They walk a fine line with solicits as it is, so giving themselves an extra week of comics to work by delaying them a few more days with is fair, i think. They have to create a solicit that's enough to pique people's interest and give enough of a tease that it gives some idea of what to expect, and ditto with the cover... but not to spoil the next few months of comics. Like, War of the Realms, they delayed solicits to prevent spoiling Valkyrie's death with the announcement of Jane's new book, which is fair... I can understand that. but it also spoils what will happen with Jane during the event. And then in the exact same batch of solicits, they spoiled that Loki, who had died just a couple weeks earlier, would be resurrected (that was kinda unavoidable, unless they delayed the book completely for a few months, plus I am guessing a lot of people knew it was unlikely to stick, especially after the Thor issue that followed, so... ok, spoiler but could be argued it was unavoidable, plus was predictable, fair enough)... and is holding Mjolnir walking off of a totally repaired Bifrost. (that could have been avoided. Either by withholding the cover, or just omitting those elements). They tried to avoid mentioning that he'd died or anything at all to do with him in all the solicits up till then, then one cover spoils that not only will he back, it will likely be in a fairly spectacular fashion, and cementing his face turn. with one cover.

As someone who loves trying to piece together what may be coming next with solicits, I like having them around, but I can also see how it's s fine line to walk from the publisher's side of things, where they want to maintain an element of surprise, but sometimes they just can't.