Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Oh good choice! Maybe Ben Grimm could also fall into this category
    Ben Grimm was going to get my vote. Ben is a man who stands up for what be believes.

Steve Rogers had to much character assassination over the last 2 decades to truly be considered anymore.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Anyone saying Steve Rogers haven't read AvX or, specially, Hickman's Avengers run. Anyway, Silver Surfer is a good choice. I'd say Nightcrawler until X-men Gold, when Guggenheim thought it was a good idea to have him date a girl (Rachel Summers) to whom he was a main authority figure for years when she was in her early teens.
    Sorry but Rachel was an adult when Kurt met her.

BANNED

Captain America for sure.

Also, Doom.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Silver Surfer and Captain America.
    Agreed,,,,,

And Ben Grimm
    Aunt may
    Luke cage
    Last edited by kilderkin; 05-22-2019 at 02:32 PM.

NOT Peter Parker. He has been lying to all his closet friends and family for years

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    NOT Peter Parker. He has been lying to all his closet friends and family for years
    That would also disqualify a lot of other superheroes who've maintained secret identities over the years. Maybe that's why we've seen so many of them go public these days, though in their cases, they don't really interact with regular people with no special abilities that can't defend themselves from supervillains, so it's not like they're putting anyone they personally care about in danger by being around them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    The Invisible Woman
    This.

I'm biased and I don't care.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Can't forget Kurt Wagner.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I also think Storm should be on the list.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Kamala, right?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Everybody lies. Those saying they don't are also lying to themselves. The question is, "what purpose do the lies serve?"

Based on that, Spider-Man, and Captain America are as legitimate contenders as The Silver Surfer.

I'll throw out a contender that's probably going to get my ass beat: Nick Fury. For all the dirty, snakey, crappy stuff he's done, his goals have been for the greater good. He has sacrificed everything, including himself, to defend The Ordinary Human from tyranny and Injustice. In many ways, it's Messianic: he's cut pieces out of his soul in the hope that others will have a better future.

Along those lines, the late Captain Mar-Vell also belongs on the list.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Divorced from any specific runs, I think traditionally both Captain America and Spider-Man are meant to represent this.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Sorry but Rachel was an adult when Kurt met her.
    Nah, when she came to the timeline, she was still a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Everybody lies. Those saying they don't are also lying to themselves. The question is, "what purpose do the lies serve?"

Based on that, Spider-Man, and Captain America are as legitimate contenders as The Silver Surfer.

I'll throw out a contender that's probably going to get my ass beat: Nick Fury. For all the dirty, snakey, crappy stuff he's done, his goals have been for the greater good. He has sacrificed everything, including himself, to defend The Ordinary Human from tyranny and Injustice. In many ways, it's Messianic: he's cut pieces out of his soul in the hope that others will have a better future.

Along those lines, the late Captain Mar-Vell also belongs on the list.
    More so. I think Silver Surfer is overrated. Anyone willing to lead Galactus to inhabited planets to save his own... well, as Black Widow would put it... "has a lot of red in their ledger." However good and noble he may have BECOME... he had too big a hole to climb out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Captain America for sure.

Also, Doom.
    Never Doom. He's stabbed his allies in the back too many times for the promise of power and is willing to use anyone as a pawn in his schemes. He's another one who's nobility is mostly in his own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I'd say Sam's integrity is just as strong (if not stronger) then Steve's even if he sees things in a more grey or complex light then Steve does.
    I think Sam strikes me as the kind who would seek out a compromise where everyone wins a little more readily. Steve and Peter... they're more likely to say "NO. I think this is wrong, and I WILL not compromise at all." You need that unbending determination to truly be in the running here