Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Anyone saying Steve Rogers haven't read AvX or, specially, Hickman's Avengers run. Anyway, Silver Surfer is a good choice. I'd say Nightcrawler until X-men Gold, when Guggenheim thought it was a good idea to have him date a girl (Rachel Summers) to whom he was a main authority figure for years when she was in her early teens.

Iron Man. Was worthy to pull Excalibur from the stone. Constantly tries to make the world a better place no matter the personal cost. Spends almost all of his time working on inventions to make the world a better place, performing tremendous acts of philanthropy, to the point that he has almost no personal life.

Chipmunk Hunk

May Parker

BANNED

Irving Forbush.

Gotta be Captain America first and foremost. The literal boy scout to the point the Chris Evans said he was inspired by an Eagle Scout he knew growing up. I mean ... come on.

After that my vote goes to Spidey just because his constant story of self sacrifice and over coming of odds. But still ... Rogers set the bar.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

The Invisible Woman

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    The Invisible Woman
    Oh good choice! Maybe Ben Grimm could also fall into this category

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    May Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Slott's Peter had strong integrity. JMS or Spencer's, though, have a stronger argument in my opinion.
    Spencer's Peter ignores problems and the majority of Spider-Man's career history is based off ethical fraud. He's not supposed to be a beacon of integrity, he's supposed to try his best, even though he can struggle to do the right thing.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm honestly surprised you didn't say Sam (Wilson)...
    Sam has always been more of a realist compared to Steve's more shoot for the stars idealism, so while he is a great person, he can lean more towards pragmatism and cynicism. Making him more of an everyman character like Spider-Man than a beacon of light. Still, since he's not too idealistic but not too ambitious, he can be a great leader. Spencer said he'd be his pick for MU US President, and I think that's true. I like to think Steve would have a harder time making some of the tough choices in that job.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spider-Man
    Captain America

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Sam has always been more of a realist compared to Steve's more shoot for the stars idealism, so while he is a great person, he can lean more towards pragmatism and cynicism. Making him more of an everyman character like Spider-Man than a beacon of light. Still, since he's not too idealistic but not too ambitious, he can be a great leader. Spencer said he'd be his pick for MU US President, and I think that's true. I like to think Steve would have a harder time making some of the tough choices in that job.
    Does being idealistic and optimistic necessarily mean that a person has integrity or a high moral nature? Can a cynic have a great deal of integrity?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Does being idealistic and optimistic necessarily mean that a person has integrity or a high moral nature? Can a cynic have a great deal of integrity?
    Depends on how much you want to play grammar nazi.

Generally speaking "ideal" means close to perfection, if not perfect. "ideals" are considered a standard of perfection, a target goal. Unless we want to really start pushing eye-of-the-beholder strawman arguments like "Thanos believes in perfect balance thus half the universe can die" it usually goes to reason that ideals are highly moral in general.

So yeah, in normal society a idealistic person is typically highly moral in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yeah, I'd say Sam's integrity is just as strong (if not stronger) then Steve's even if he sees things in a more grey or complex light then Steve does.