Default One of Marston’s plots

In Marston’s original idea both Ares and Aphrodite were rulers of Venus and Mars. Would it still work if having them be something of Greek and Sco-do. We see that they can go to Olympus but still have a home of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    In Marston’s original idea both Ares and Aphrodite were rulers of Venus and Mars. Would it still work if having them be something of Greek and Sco-do. We see that they can go to Olympus but still have a home of sorts.
    I think the original Marstonian Venus and Mars were very much cosmic players, in that sense. Mars, while humanoid in appearance, was almost interchangeable with DARKSEID, ..right down to his shape-shifting, superhuman agents, fire pits, slave mines and rocket-ships.

The Wonder Woman comic is, at its core, as much cousin to Flash Gordon newspaper cartoon, as to Harryhausen's Clash Of The Titans, ..and probably, more so - the sci-fi elements, you mentioned. Without it, WW loses the pulp-inspired quirkiness that made it so interesting in the Golden Age, and that's a shame. For those WW readers, who first read the comic, post-Crisis, this might be immaterial, ..but, the rest of us have been cheated of something, I think.

Would it still work? I think it will.Frank Azzarello tried to do this - even bringing in Orion, as her male companion - but, his storytelling style was challenging to many readers.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-23-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!