Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I'm not too happy about Morrison taking over GL either. But at least we got two plus years of a great GL series.
    That's the nature of comics I guess. Has its ups and downs.

From what I hear though Morrison will be writing Hal. So my main concern with Kyle is more that he won't disappear into limbo.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

It looks like Kyle will be in Green Lantens for the next couple of months at least. At least he's not going into limbo after Hal Jordan and the GLC ends.

0f70a363f7904f8fd98b6caec049e5b8--green-lantern-kyle-rayner-batman-wedding.jpg

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Kyle will be taking part in that Sanctary book.... remains to be seen if that's good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Kyle will be taking part in that Sanctary book.... remains to be seen if that's good or bad.
    Really? I hope not as a casualty.

Incredible Member

He is listed as one of the possible murders/victims.

Incredible Member

I read a spoiler breakdown in which Kyle indeed is killed off in Sanctuary.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    I read a spoiler breakdown in which Kyle indeed is killed off in Sanctuary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    He is listed as one of the possible murders/victims.

Those were from a 4chan thread that I was actually in while it was up. We have fake spoiler threads like that every few months. Seriously, you could go on /co/ right now and make up your own and random people would believe it. For example, my buddy once posted a huge fake write up about the final issue of Spider-Verse and what would happen. Uncle Ben would return, MJ would die, etc... People bought it and it showed up on Reddit.
    Last edited by Kirby Krackle; 07-13-2018 at 12:03 AM.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I'm really worried for Kyle, yeah spoilers are often fake but danger is true.

it would still be strange, King is the one who wrote one of Kyle's best recent moments and then he would be the one who kills him
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 07-13-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Really? I hope not as a casualty.
    On the Podcast of Oa it was theorised that there would be more mileage in casting Kyle as as a murderer instead of a murdered. Apparently Tom King was creating a bomb with Omega Men, and since he's revisting Kyle here for the first time since Omega Men and only Scrapps has made a reappearance since then in a Tim Seeley Green Lanterns arc, here is where it could blow up. All credit for this goes to Myron Rumsey of the Blog of Oa.

If Kyle is driven to kill someone, him joining the Indigo Tribe could be an interesting direction for him to go if he survives or retains some degree of liberty. The Indigo Tribe is made up of murderers and other violent individuals (the Futures End tie-in for New 52 Green Lantern Corps had John recruited after accidentally killing Indigo-1) who are conditioned to feel compassion. Indigo-1, or Iroque as she's known, was able to feel compassion without the ring in the flashforward in Green Lantern #20, and named the Redeemer in the Book of Oa. If Kyle seeks to redeem himself then he might go through the Indigo treatment. Indigo Tribe members also can channel all the emotions, something Kyle has plenty of experience with.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    On the Podcast of Oa it was theorised that there would be more mileage in casting Kyle as as a murderer instead of a murdered. Apparently Tom King was creating a bomb with Omega Men, and since he's revisting Kyle here for the first time since Omega Men and only Scrapps has made a reappearance since then in a Tim Seeley Green Lanterns arc, here is where it could blow up. All credit for this goes to Myron Rumsey of the Blog of Oa.

If Kyle is driven to kill someone, him joining the Indigo Tribe could be an interesting direction for him to go if he survives or retains some degree of liberty. The Indigo Tribe is made up of murderers and other violent individuals (the Futures End tie-in for New 52 Green Lantern Corps had John recruited after accidentally killing Indigo-1) who are conditioned to feel compassion. Indigo-1, or Iroque as she's known, was able to feel compassion without the ring in the flashforward in Green Lantern #20, and named the Redeemer in the Book of Oa. If Kyle seeks to redeem himself then he might go through the Indigo treatment. Indigo Tribe members also can channel all the emotions, something Kyle has plenty of experience with.
    A very hard no to Kyle being a murderer. I would much rather they kill him then do that type of character assassination that would ruin the character.

Kyle is one of the last Lanterns or heroes in general to do that. He is naive and idealistic to a fault. It would be the opposite of his character.

As well as ruining a character like that does a lot more damage than actually killing him off.

I really hope they don't do that but King does a lot of questionable things and Didio is around so your probably right.

According to that promo, characters depicted there are going to either:
    -- Be murdered
    -- Be accused of murder
    -- Be revealed to be a murderer
    -- None of the above

I'm going to guess "none of the above" and that Kyle is there because King wants to follow-up Kyle's role in "Omega Men" and just have him be a patient, discussing the trauma he experienced.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    A very hard no to Kyle being a murderer. I would much rather they kill him then do that type of character assassination that would ruin the character.

Kyle is one of the last Lanterns or heroes in general to do that. He is naive and idealistic to a fault. It would be the opposite of his character.

As well as ruining a character like that does a lot more damage than actually killing him off.

I really hope they don't do that but King does a lot of questionable things and Didio is around so your probably right.
    Kyle has been through a lot. His girlfriend was infamously stuffed in the fridge in his very first storyline (which still haunted him as recently as several years ago), his mother was killed on the orders of Sinestro, he's had to deal with reality warping powers at least twice, actually died during Blackest Night and spent many months with the Omega Men, a good chunk of which involved being in the company of a manipulative b*tch and fighting on the front lines. Just in Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps Kyle's issues have included his future son dying in his arms, which in turn led to a catastrophic breakdown in his on again off again relationship with Soranik Natu (where she called him Alley Rat and branded him, which is noticeably missing in Hammond's beach illusion in Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #48). We don't even now how he stands with his father anymore after they reconciled in New Guardians. That's a lot of issues and I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle snapped. At the very least that's a lot of issues that need dealing with.

I was disappointed Kyle's return after Omega Men glossed over or ignored any potential PTSD. Omega Men ended with Kyle being a different character, yet when he returns in the Bottled Light arc of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps he's how he was at the end of New Guardians personality-wise. If Heroes in Crisis can examine the psychological damage Kyle has taken on and help him work through it, that'd be something worthwhile to do with him.

Spectacular Member

I really hope that he isn't a victim or murderer. He has finally taken a position of Authority in the Corps instead of being messed with and changed to a White Lantern or driven away from the Corps, if he is murdered or the killer I will drop the Lantern books. I have read GL since the 80s and have never dropped it....but I will if they just randomly kill him for effect.

Ghost of the Stratosphere Not BAMF's Avatar

Honestly, for as well as DC has handled Kyle since Rebirth, they might as well kill him. He's one of my favorite characters in DC, but after what Venditti did to him in JH&TGLC, they might as well off him.

BANNED

hope DC won't kill Kyle,wish it was John Stewart insted