Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

He's definitely one of the most likeable lanterns

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Kyle was my fav GL, primarily thanks to the '90s JLA books.

A GL ring is like the ultimate wish-fullfillment device, and to me, it's far more interesting being paired up with an young artist, than a guy that's a fighter jet test pilot.
    What years/issues were those?
    You have no idea how disappointed I was years ago when I purchased the set of Morrison JLA trades only to not find Kyle and precious little Wally. Always wanted to read how their friendship started.

Kyle was the third...no, fourth Lantern (if you count Alan Scott) I ever ran across, but he's leaps and bounds my favorite. Would like to have non-DC52 trades featuring him.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    You have no idea how disappointed I was years ago when I purchased the set of Morrison JLA trades only to not find Kyle and precious little Wally. Always wanted to read how their friendship started.
    I should clarify -- I'm not a huge fan of the GL concept, as a solo hero, but I liked Kyle as the JLA GL, and yeah, it started in Morrison's JLA. If you're a bigger GL/Kyle fan, then you probably wanted/expected more from him. I just liked his personality, and how he played of the other Leaguers (and especially how he and Wally didn't initially like each other)

BANNED

Hmm, Kyle and Wally had a good dynamic sure enough.

BANNED

Always been fond of his relation with Jade too.

Jade did tend to be a bit bitchy sometimes though.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Jade did tend to be a bit bitchy sometimes though.
    And a cheater
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____Ż|
    -ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Kyle always been the likable lantern who distinguishes himself from the other green lanterns, since he wasn't chosen for his will, but his spirit. He often uses imagination over will. His imaginative constructs are known to be flashy. He creates anime bots, girls, Superman, among other things. And we can't forget that he loved drawing comics (including his creation of Oblivion that currently takes place in his annual issue). Kyle always seemed like the liberal type! He's on of my favorite green lanterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post

Kyle was the third...no, fourth Lantern (if you count Alan Scott) I ever ran across, but he's leaps and bounds my favorite. Would like to have non-DC52 trades featuring him.
    In the GL run on Kyle, that's where he first met Wally West when they fought against Sonar. Wally often at times looked down at Kyle. Wally had no respect for Kyle, they always argue, Wally always mentioned how better Hal is and so on. In Flash/GL faster friends, they disliked each other as well. It's been explained in the limited series that Alan and Jay didn't get along when they started working together, since then the Flash/GL dynamic duo was looked up as a tradition, which passed down to Kyle and Wally. I believe they became good friends after the limited series ended.

Ollie also didn't have any respect for Kyle as well. Ollie also disrespected him and said how lousy he is compared to Hal I believe in Ollie's series.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    And a cheater
    When did she cheat on him? I only remembered when Kyle kissed Donna when he was already in a relationship with Jenny.

Oh and welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    When did she cheat on him? I only remembered when Kyle kissed Donna when he was already in a relationship with Jenny.

Oh and welcome back.
    Well thank you.

When Kyle was out in space exploring Jade got home sick and came back to Earth. She stayed in Kyle's apartment and started getting her life back on track. She then met this guy, grew feelings for him and started seeing him. Kyle basically came home to find some stranger with his girl in his own apartment. Or at least I think that's how it happened.
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____Ż|
    -ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Well thank you.

When Kyle was out in space exploring Jade got home sick and came back to Earth. She stayed in Kyle's apartment and started getting her life back on track. She then met this guy, grew feelings for him and started seeing him. Kyle basically came home to find some stranger with his girl in his own apartment. Or at least I think that's how it happened.
    Yep, that's how Ron Marz ended Kyle's series.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

BANNED

Not a fan of his current mask. Looks like the artist drew his inspiration from an old Viewmaster.

viewmaster.jpg
    Last edited by The Odd Man; 05-13-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Well thank you.

Thanks for the info. Did this occurred after Kyle's first incarnation as HOG: ION?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Thanks for the info. Did this occurred after Kyle's first incarnation as HOG: ION?
    It was after Ben Raab wrapped up his run and Ron Marz did the last six issues of the series in preparation for Green Lantern: Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    It was after Ben Raab wrapped up his run and Ron Marz did the last six issues of the series in preparation for Green Lantern: Rebirth.
    Thanks, man. So it did occur after the HOG arc, which is the reason why I didn't know about it, since I hardly read any issues after that event. Interesting.