Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Just picked up the first 12 issues of Kyle's solo for under a dollar each. Can't wait to read them after I get through a bit more of my backlog.
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 12-03-2014 at 01:21 PM.
    Cyclops was right

I, like many of us, took a much stronger interest in the GL franchise during the 'Emerald Twilight' arc (which stunned me, to say the least). I LOVED Kyle and the book became a part of my pull list. I loved his confrontations with an insane Hal, I loved his mentoring the younger, time-lost Hal later on, and he truly kicked ass in Morrison''s JLA. I was perfectly fine with Kyle as the sole GL, and I remember Daniel (the Sandman)'s haunting, uplifting words to him during Dream's appearance in JLA. 'You will surpass him.' That was so awesome to me.

I haven't followed him at all in the Nu52 and have no idea how much has changed...running to Wiki to read up on him.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Most legacy characters will play second fiddle to their original classic counterparts unfortunately.
    For the most part, that is true. That's the problem with allowing the characters to age, but only up to a point. The Trinity are never going to be replaced permanently in the primary universe, so they will always hold back legacy characters (unless their sales are too great to ignore).

As for Kyle, he has been a fine character for a long time. Too bad he was created during a most contentious time in GL history, especially since it wasn't "his" fault.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

^Here's another cool Kyle and Godhead tribute vid from the same guy who made the one posted on the previous page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRwG2HmyM60

Incredible Member

seems like the june solicits does not bear good news for kyle.

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/11/excl...ing-in-june-2/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    seems like the june solicits does not bear good news for kyle.

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/11/excl...ing-in-june-2/
    Well, hopefully this isn't what he appears and he has an ongoing role in the main "cosmic" book of the New DCU that seems to be his niche now.

Otherwise..... eeeesh!

Kyle is probably just lost and will return once the GL corps becomes popular again. The omega men are probably just the victims of false charges. Kyle is just a victim of the collapse of the GL franchise. Guy also not appearing immediately after convergence, it seems.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 03-11-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Ah well, being dead is such a temporary state in comic books anyway.

No biggie.

Oh and big love to Kyle, he always has been a favorite of mine. (THE favorite maybe even)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Kyle is probably just lost and will return once the GL corps becomes popular again. The omega men are probably just the victims of false charges. Kyle is just a victim of the collapse of the GL franchise. Guy also not appearing immediately after convergence, it seems.
    that's probably true. too bad though that they won't be appearing on a monthly basis.

Maybe Kyle will be used in JL.

Kyle used to be one of my favorite charcaters but over the past couple years he's become incredibly boring. He has no discernible personality. Once he grew out of the youthful ring slinger we saw in Morrison's JLA he slowly became mopey and dull. 10 years ago I wouldn't ever think id be saying this but I really wouldn't mind if they killed him off in a heroic fashion ala Barry Allen in CoIE.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Kyle used to be one of my favorite charcaters but over the past couple years he's become incredibly boring. He has no discernible personality. Once he grew out of the youthful ring slinger we saw in Morrison's JLA he slowly became mopey and dull. 10 years ago I wouldn't ever think id be saying this but I really wouldn't mind if they killed him off in a heroic fashion ala Barry Allen in CoIE.
    Your entitled to your opinion but this is a appreciation thread, it isn't here for critiques of the character.

Ion baby!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Attachment 709

Let's show our love.
    I always loved that picture. That was just after his "death" (who lasted less than 1 issue) if i remember correctly.

Go torch-bearer!!