Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Yeah, causing Guy to go red. That was kind of cheap in terms of writing but i must admit it kind of worked for me lol. The scene was pretty cool.

Neither Ion nor the White Lantern have ever been more appealing than just simply Kyle being a Green Lantern. When he comes back they need to just go back to that.

All-New Member

Kyle Rayner is by far my favorite Green Lantern. Growing up in the late 90s reading comics certainly helped, but his run with the Justice League, his relationship with Wally West, and the sheer creativity of his constructions make me feel like he's the best and most under-appreciated lantern ever.

BANNED

He will back, but i think he needs another ring color.

Perhaps blue.

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    He will back, but i think he needs another ring color.

Perhaps blue.
    Back? He's currently in Omega Men.

I also think there's too many ring swaps. If he has to change colors again it should be back to Green.
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____Ż|
    -ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I felt like this would be a good place to ask this, I was wondering if someone could tell me why Kyle no longer has a power ring of any kind?

I plan on trade waiting Omega Men but one thing that stood out is that while I've heard Kyle's in it he has no ring, and last I heard he was the White Lantern, so I would like to know what happened.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I felt like this would be a good place to ask this, I was wondering if someone could tell me why Kyle no longer has a power ring of any kind?

I plan on trade waiting Omega Men but one thing that stood out is that while I've heard Kyle's in it he has no ring, and last I heard he was the White Lantern, so I would like to know what happened.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    He was entering the Vega system, Lanterns aren't allowed there so he surrendered his ring upon entry. (Not the smartest move, but hey...)

This has confused me because in GL Annual 3 it was stated that his power can't be stripped away that easily - but that was before he split the life equation, so maybe that changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxedo Elf View Post
    He was entering the Vega system, Lanterns aren't allowed there so he surrendered his ring upon entry. (Not the smartest move, but hey...)

This has confused me because in GL Annual 3 it was stated that his power can't be stripped away that easily - but that was before he split the life equation, so maybe that changed it.
    Well thats interesting, a little crazy but it makes a certain amount of sense. Thanks for the info.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Neither Ion nor the White Lantern have ever been more appealing than just simply Kyle being a Green Lantern. When he comes back they need to just go back to that.
    They do. And if they really want to keep their rainbow roulette going by spreading the other humans to different Corps', they could just turn Hal into a zombie and have him lead (or hold back) the BLC.

I think you are right in the sense that Kyle just surrendered a ring to keep the peace with some people who thinks 'seen one lantern, seen them all' and as such things his power is in the ring, while I think I am right in saying Kyle's WL status like Marvel's Phoenix and Alan Scott's Green/Starheart; host of entities but focuses the power through mundane items.
    Last edited by Outside_85; 08-07-2015 at 11:56 AM.

He apparently went to Vega to attempt to broker a peace between the Citadel and I'm assuming the Omega Men (or the faction they represent/are fighting for). I believe the leader of the Citadel has his ring though I'm not sure if its Green or White. He drew a GL symbol on the mirror in Omega Men #2 which lead me to believe
    he surrendered a green ring. Either way, without any ring is probably how he was spared the same fate as the GLC.
    Of course, I dare. I'm Hal Jordan.

It's weird. I just looked back, in issue #1 he's constantly referred to as the White Lantern. In issue #2 they use green and at the end it's the GL oath he says. He also says 'I don't need a damn ring' but whether that's a ref to his internal power or just desperation I've no idea.

Have there been any hints as to what happened to the Corps yet?

i was a 90s kid, so kyle has always been "my" green lantern. that said, it's interesting (to me, anyway) how differently i view him and wally west (again, as a 90s kid, wally west will always be my flash). despite growing up w/ kyle, i totally accept that his run as GL was limited and a small part of the greater GL mythos. it's probably got a lot to do w/ how much i enjoyed johns' run; i guess i just buy the parralax continuity rewrite, kyle's time as the lone GL, and hal's inevitable return (when viewed retroactively, anyway). it just seems like a nice, flowing narrative that i'm 100% sold on. with the flash, i feel like one of those angry H.E.A.T. members from the 90s who wants to stomp my foot and demand they bring back my flash. and that's probably entirely due to the fact that i think almost everything flash-related since they got rid of wally west has trended from awful tripe to unreadable tripe.

the 90s favorite thing to do was to kill of a character with decades of history and replace him w/ someone fresh, and of all the attempts (superman, batman, spider-man, green arrow, etc) i think kyle's GL was by far the best. really love the groove marz and banks got into.

Hey, I'd like to read more on Kyle. John's been my Lantern in JLU. Hal was there for the GJ's GL run. And I'm starting on Guy with JL International. Now I need Kyle stories.

Rec'd reading please?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spartak87

Three things I hope for Rebirth are
    1. Kyle Rayner gets to be a Green Lantern again
    2. He is featured in Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. (Which doesn't seem very likely) or Green Lanterns (Which seems more likely)
    Or if he manages to get into Justice League or Justice League of America, that would be fine too.
    3. Off topic about Nightwing
    Last edited by Spartak87; 02-18-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spartak87 View Post
    Three things I hope for Rebirth are
    1. Kyle Rayner gets to be a Green Lantern again
    2. He is featured in Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. (Which doesn't seem very likely) or Green Lanterns (Which seems more likely)
    Or if he manages to get into Justice League or Justice League of America, that would be fine too.
    3. Off topic about Nightwing
    I hope Kyle gets to become a major player again to (along with Wally West) - no offence to Hal/Barry fans but I prefer Kyle & Wally

Also enough with the references to his murdered girlfriend - it was over 20 years ago! You dont have to keep bringing it up!