Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I definitely want him to be a big deal again, though I'm not in favour of him becoming a GL again, I'd rather see him stay White.

Spartak87

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxedo Elf View Post
    I definitely want him to be a big deal again, though I'm not in favour of him becoming a GL again, I'd rather see him stay White.
    Yeah I guess should have amended that to him being a Green Lantern again OR stay as the White Lantern. As long as he is, as you say, "a big deal", being a White Lantern still would be cool. I guess the reason why I said him being Green Lantern specifically is since there are only two lantern books and both only mention Green Lantern(s), it makes me doubtful about him still being a White lantern in those books. Plus my other favorite DC character, Dick Grayson, is going from a "Grayson" title, which made him different with him being a spy and everything, back to a "Nightwing" title. So that's why I was thinking he would be going back to being a Green Lantern.

But thinking more on it, I think it would be especially cool if he was a White Lantern in Justice League or Justice League of America.
    Last edited by Spartak87; 02-18-2016 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartak87 View Post
    Yeah I guess should have amended that to him being a Green Lantern again OR stay as the White Lantern. As long as he is, as you say, "a big deal", being a White Lantern still would be cool. I guess the reason why I said him being Green Lantern specifically is since there are only two lantern books and both only mention Green Lantern(s), it makes me doubtful about him still being a White lantern in those books. Plus my other favorite DC character, Dick Grayson, is going from a "Grayson" title, which made him different with him being a spy and everything, back to a "Nightwing" title. So that's why I was thinking he would be going back to being a Green Lantern.

But thinking more on it, I think it would be especially cool if he was a White Lantern in Justice League or Justice League of America.
    That makes sense. I did notice there's nothing for any other Lantern Corps - even Sinestro - so I wonder what the plan, if anything, is for them.

I'm not against Dick returning to Nightwing, but it depends how it's handled.

Spartak87

That makes sense. I did notice there's nothing for any other Lantern Corps - even Sinestro - so I wonder what the plan, if anything, is for them.

I'm not against Dick returning to Nightwing, but it depends how it's handled.
    That's exactly it. I have always loved Dick Grayson as well as Kyle Rayner (probably partly because my first issue I ever owned was GL v.3 #82 where Kyle takes Bobby to the zoo.). So as long as they are treated well and have good stories, I will be happy. Even if there are stories that could be told that I might like better, a good Kyle Rayner or Dick Grayson story will always get a 2 thumps up from me. So if it is handled well, I wouldn't mind if they made Kyle Rayner a GL, a WL, or what have you, as long as he is treated well. Same with Dick Grayson, whether he is a spy, NW, DickBats, whatever.

That's exactly it. I have always loved Dick Grayson as well as Kyle Rayner (probably partly because my first issue I ever owned was GL v.3 #82 where Kyle takes Bobby to the zoo.). So as long as they are treated well and have good stories, I will be happy. Even if there are stories that could be told that I might like better, a good Kyle Rayner or Dick Grayson story will always get a 2 thumps up from me. So if it is handled well, I wouldn't mind if they made Kyle Rayner a GL, a WL, or what have you, as long as he is treated well. Same with Dick Grayson, whether he is a spy, NW, DickBats, whatever.
    Oh I loved that issue! And yeah, totally agree. Fingers crossed!

Spartak87

Oh I loved that issue! And yeah, totally agree. Fingers crossed!
    It's weird, but I didn't find out until a couple years ago when I really got back into comics that I found out that issue was the issue right after the Hal Jordan funeral issue.

Three things I hope for Rebirth are
    1. Kyle Rayner gets to be a Green Lantern again
    2. He is featured in Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. (Which doesn't seem very likely) or Green Lanterns (Which seems more likely)
    Or if he manages to get into Justice League or Justice League of America, that would be fine too.
    3. Off topic about Nightwing

Would rather have him in Green Lanterns.

It's weird, but I didn't find out until a couple years ago when I really got back into comics that I found out that issue was the issue right after the Hal Jordan funeral issue.
    Yeah, it was a total change of pace. Liked the funeral issue too though, it sticks in my mind because it was the first meeting between Kyle and Dick.

Spartak87

Quote Originally Posted by Styder24 View Post
    Would rather have him in Green Lanterns.
    I would rather have him be in Green Lanterns too but I will take what I can get and I was just covering all of my bases by including both titles as possibilities. Hal and the GLC probably will probably turn into "Hal Jordan Green Lantern and barely there supporting cast"

I think the other three should be in Green Lanterns so the writers can spotlight all three of them equally.

I guess what I really mean is, I just hope Rayner gets to be a Lantern again and is featured well in whatever comic he is in, preferably Green Lanterns.

Spartak87

Pretty awesome end to the Omega Men issue IMO.

FINALLY feels like Kyle again.

Incredible Member

DC have solicited "Green Lantern Book One" by Ron Marz to be released in Jan '17.

In the 1990s, Green Lantern Hal Jordan faced a turning point. Now, in this new collection of a classic DC epic, witness his last stand as he collapses into insanity and is reborn as Parallax, an unstoppable force that threatens all of Earth. And while the Green Lantern Corps faces extinction, young artist Kyle Rayner is awarded the last power ring, and a new Green Lantern is born!

Collects GREEN LANTERN #48-55.

While it contains the same issues as the older "Emerald Twilight/New Dawn" TPB the fact its listed as volume 1 means that hopefully we will start getting more collections of Kyle's GL series as well

BANNED

Kyle is done, along with Guy and John. R.I.P. to him.

Spartak87

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Kyle is done, along with Guy and John. R.I.P. to him.
    Actually an article here says John Stewart will be in the Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.

There's no mention of Kyle anywhere though. I hope he survives the event. :/