Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Imagine if Al Ewing go to write this mini instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Sweet Baby Berto would be BOSS AF for starters. And we would be WRECKED with continuity nuggets. Beautifully WRECKED.

Karma would probably be hella competent as well. ALL WILLS ARE FORFEIT.

Them giants would fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuQ'd

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Don't make us dream

BANNED

We should be lucky that new writers even bother to write most of the New Mutants like Rosenberg.

Writers pick only Magik and Cannonball to write most of the time.

This is the most complete New Mutants team I have seen in a long while that teams up with the A-list core X-Men.

The only ones missing in Rosenberg's New Mutants lineup are Cypher and Magma.

I know about Cannonball but he's treated more like X-Force nowadays.

When Hickman appears, most of the New Mutants will be sent to limbo again.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 05-27-2019 at 04:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Hickman is a big NM fan, and gave Sam and specially Roberto their biggest development in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Hickman is a big NM fan, and gave Sam and specially Roberto their biggest development in a long time.
    FOR. REAL.

I never imagined I'd ever say such an absurdity-- but "Avenging" Roberto was the BEST play in EVER. Because of Hickman's X-thievery and Ewing's subsequent fostering, Roberto's seat in my FANtheon is unexpected but now firmly rooted.

Berto = MY PRECIOUS BABY

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, Hickman has said in the past that he's a fan, and I've not seen any reason to disbelieve him

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    We should be lucky that new writers even bother to write most of the New Mutants like Rosenberg.

This is the most complete New Mutants team I have seen in a long while that teams up with the A-list core X-Men.

Also, Rosenberg using the New Mutants isn't lucky, it's tragic. They have a time to shine, having been a part of the franchise for decades now, and that's all being washed down the drain

Doesn’t matter if he’s using the cast or not, they are being written like complete garbage. Karma can barely use her powers without passing out or barely holding on while Dani is still acting like a robot even though her TO Virus got healed. And speaking of Magik, she is the only one shown to be competent on the entire team and helps take out most of the villains in the book, but this shouldn’t be surprising since that bias was made clear during Dead Souls.

He didn’t even care enough about where Sunspot was left off to come up with a decent enough excuse as to why he’s just showing up now. “uhhhh I was in Jersey but I’m here now lol!” So Sunspot’s last five years of development are being ignored except for a snazzy costume and Karma’s being written like X-Men Piss!Rachel. Getting happy about their use in this series is like being happy that Blindfold was finally used in issue 11.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Doesn’t matter if he’s using the cast or not, they are being written like complete garbage.
    I agree with most of your points but then how many New Mutants is Hickman going to use in his new series?

I agree with most of your points but then how many New Mutants is Hickman going to use in his new series?
    I trust Hickman. I’ve probably just jinxed it but he wants to break the nostalgia wheel and want better way to do that than actually utilize New Mutants/Generation X characters? We already know he’s a big fan of Sunspot and Cannonball, but I doubt his love and NM appreciation starts and stops at those two. I’m firmly in the “yall New Mutants stans are about to get fed WELL” camp. But it’s nice that Rosenberg has a good time writing them in his book.